FedEx Freight | Memory Lane With Bill Cherry

going coastal

TB Lurker
Credits
Seems like 2014 again for all the new guys Bill was trying to incorporate some of the package operational ideas to the freight side really didn’t match up well. And also was trying keep wages below competitors like on the package side purple/brown. Then knock knock came the unions Bill was gone. The hot dog doughnut apology tour started and everyone was on a sugar high for the last five years but were stuck with some of the policies and wages.

Seems like 2014 again for all the new guys Bill was trying to incorporate some of the package operational ideas to the freight side really didn’t match up well. And also was trying keep wages below competitors like on the package side purple/brown. Then knock knock came the unions Bill was gone. The hot dog doughnut apology tour started and everyone was on a sugar high for the last five years but were stuck with some of the policies and wages.
Seems similar now. Two years from now we will be stuck with some of benefit/wages of the year 2020 but I’m sure the doughnut and hotdog tour will start back up and sucker me back in.

Guess what never stopped?

Certain employees pissing and moaning. You’d think by now they would have left and found something that makes them happy but they enjoy being miserable and trying to drag everyone down with them.

Must be exhausting to be one these people.

:-)

Last edited:
Guess what never stopped?

Certain employees pissing and moaning. You’d think by now they would have left and found something that makes them happy but they enjoy being miserable and trying to drag everyone down with them.

Must be exhausting to be one these people.

:-)

:crybaby::crybaby: If you don't like honest opinions. Last time I checked this country is a democracy not a dictatorship.

I personally miss the days of Bill Cherry...back when someone had the testicular fortitude to do what needed to be done regardless of who’s “feelings” it might hurt!!

Back when policies were actually policies and there were actual consequences for breaking said policies instead of the pansy ass way we do things today, where policies are guidelines and the only consequence is threatening someone to death with no action or recourse because someone might get their feelings hurt!!

The patients have ran the asylum for far to long and it’s waaaay past time to drop the hammer on some sorry individuals, the problem is we no longer have a Bill Cherry to get the job done...unfortunately we’re now left with people in charge who have no backbone!!

I personally miss the days of Bill Cherry...back when someone had the testicular fortitude to do what needed to be done regardless of who’s “feelings” it might hurt!!

Back when policies were actually policies and there were actual consequences for breaking said policies instead of the pansy ass way we do things today, where policies are guidelines and the only consequence is threatening someone to death with no action or recourse because someone might get their feelings hurt!!

The patients have ran the asylum for far to long and it’s waaaay past time to drop the hammer on some sorry individuals, the problem is we no longer have a Bill Cherry to get the job done...unfortunately we’re now left with people in charge who have no backbone!!
I agree with you on enforcing policies. But I’m just wanting a decent raise and insurance. And if there’s a surcharge for the spouse so be it. But let’s include everyone who wants or needs their spouse to be covered by our insurance. I fully bought into freight 2020 even helping my coworkers figuring out the rfid and handhelds. But now at least at our location it’s 50/50 on the surcharge. Kinda rubs me wrong.

There are so many drivers here now that didnt go through that expei
Yep your also free to find a different forum if you don't like the content on this one.
I don't understand why people think you should quit because you voice your opinion. If everyone had that mentality things would never get better. I get there are always followers but its ok to not agree with fedex on certain matters.

I don't understand why people think you should quit because you voice your opinion. If everyone had that mentality things would never get better. I get there are always followers but its ok to not agree with fedex on certain matters.
I agree with you but when voicing your opinion turns in to repeated negative dialog and speaking in a toxic manner constantly - one has to ask “why are you still at the company?”

Review the board you’ll see the same rhetoric from the same posters over and over.

It can’t be healthy.