FedEx Freight | Memory Lane With Bill Cherry

Bill cherry wasnt he Chicagoland? Sounds very familiar. VP?

Wore a trenchcoat and had an entourage of supervisors follow him around like the godfather?
He was Regional VP for Charlotte way back in the day, then moved up to VP of ATL district (back before they swapped the regional/district titles), before moving to Harrison.

Bill Cherry was a former Offensive Lineman for the GB Packers back in the mid 80’s and he had that hard nosed, locker room style, hurt your feelings attitude...it rubbed many the wrong way but he got results!!

I had the pleasure of knowing him outside of work (on the golf course), one of the coolest dudes you’ll ever meet, no different than anyone else...but you didn’t want to be in his crosshairs behind closed doors!!
He was made the scapegoat IMO!! :17113:

He was Regional VP for Charlotte way back in the day, then moved up to VP of ATL district (back before they swapped the regional/district titles), before moving to Harrison.

Bill Cherry was a former Offensive Lineman for the GB Packers back in the mid 80’s and he had that hard nosed, locker room style, hurt your feelings attitude...it rubbed many the wrong way but he got results!!

I had the pleasure of knowing him outside of work (on the golf course), one of the coolest dudes you’ll ever meet, no different than anyone else...but you didn’t want to be in his crosshairs behind closed doors!!

Always sad when a fellow clown goes down.

It’s a shame that Bill didn’t show up at the banquet my spouse and I was attending. Bill was acting like a complete arrogant ass it was quite embarrassing not only for our company but some other companies that were sitting close. Witnessed by a lot of higher ups. I remember getting back to the hotel and talking with some drivers saying his days of employment with are numbered. I really felt sorry for some CCM’s that felt they had no choice but to endure the complete unprofessional situation. Hey but that was only four hours I’m sure the rest of the time he was a great guy.

Got you damp in the britches did he?

Way back in the AF days he was a center manager at CHI now known as CGX
He sounds like another AF guy I ran across once that went by the name Ivan W. , don't want to post a last name but there is a town in CT that was the same as Ivan The Terrible's last name. He was a real hard a** too. Common trait among AF terminal managers?

It’s a shame that Bill didn’t show up at the banquet my spouse and I was attending. Bill was acting like a complete arrogant ass it was quite embarrassing not only for our company but some other companies that were sitting close. Witnessed by a lot of higher ups. I remember getting back to the hotel and talking with some drivers saying his days of employment with are numbered. I really felt sorry for some CCM’s that felt they had no choice but to endure the complete unprofessional situation. Hey but that was only four hours I’m sure the rest of the time he was a great guy.
Most banquets or company functions where alcohol is served the upper brass treat them as if they were a frat parties...it’s not uncommon to see them sloppy drink making asses of themselves!!

Nope...but an expected response from someone who’s avatar is of another man notorious for rolling around with other men in their underwear!! :9529:
Settle down Red. I was concerned you’d dehydrate from the loss of fluids caused by the multiple ******* you’d give yourself by talking about your crush on Bill Cherry.

I prefer those days over what we have now...policies are just guidelines with no consequences.
Definitely agree with you on policies but my location around 2014 with excessive amounts of corrective actions being handed out for minor things such as return forms. And demanding the 12 and 2 delivery rule be met on 250 mile peddle runs was a little out of hand. And to be fair I shouldn’t judge on just a few hours at a dinner. I think when I started this conversation I was tying the year and leadership together. And with the freight 2020 vision it should bring more freight better pay and outstanding benefits. The drivers over years never under performed bringing great prosperity to Fedex. Seems like Fedex ceases every opportunity to offer the minimum.