Estes | Mis Communication

steercrazee

TB Veteran
Credits
Why so much mis communication at this place? One manager telling you one thing then another griping to the drivers about not doing their jobs that were told by the other manager not to do. Case being drivers arent certifying their logs daily. Well we were told when you are off not to certify them and by no means use the phone app at all. Well how do you certify them if you are not at the terminal in your tractor? You are not to use the phone app because if another driver is in your tractor you can screw theirs and your logs up. This place baffles me at how they implement a new system and dont have a clue as to how it all works. You would think the managers would at least have some sort of meeting and be on the same page.

I use the Samsara phone app practically every day, my tablet usually won’t log me in to PC from the hotel back to a terminal. I use the phone app til I get back to the yard, log out on the phone then log in my tablet. Been doing it for weeks nobody has said a word to me.

In regard to certifying logs I would call corporate safety and see what they say. As far as I know you do not have to certify logs for previous days until you return to duty.

All I can tell you guys at Estes is the BS you have to put up with there is everywhere, it's trucking, wish it wasn't but it is
Seems the trucking industry is on a downhill spiral. There will be a time when nobody wants to do it anymore. It just wont be worth it, and they will hire foreigners and pay them less like they do in construction or farming. Its the American worker that seems to get the short end of the stick.

Just wondering how certifying your log from the app would mess your log or someone else’s up? Never heard that before.

Just wondering how certifying your log from the app would mess your log or someone else’s up? Never heard that before.
I was told it would kick the driver in the tractor out of their logs because you have to put the tractor number in your phone to get to the logs. It wouldnt really mess my logs up but they would know who did it and caused the problem that someone in the office would have to fix. You wouldnt believe the bitching and whining from the office folks since they put this samsara into play about the the logs they are having to edit.

I was told it would kick the driver in the tractor out of their logs because you have to put the tractor number in your phone to get to the logs. It wouldnt really mess my logs up but they would know who did it and caused the problem that someone in the office would have to fix. You wouldnt believe the bitching and whining from the office folks since they put this samsara into play about the the logs they are having to edit.
Your setup is different then. We have samsara but we can certify our logs anytime. We don’t sign in with a tractor number, unless we are about to start driving . We sign in with an employee ID and password. Never once had an issue.

I won’t log into Samsara when there’s a chance someone is in my truck, which is any time I’m not in it, so…
So when you log into samsara it automatically puts you in a truck? What if you have a loaner? We log out of the truck everyday and only log into a truck when ready to start a trip. We can log into samsara at anytime with no worries of messing someone else up.

So when you log into samsara it automatically puts you in a truck? What if you have a loaner? We log out of the truck everyday and only log into a truck when ready to start a trip. We can log into samsara at anytime with no worries of messing someone else up.
Thats what we was told. We log out at the end of every day. Even when we go to the motel we have to log out when we get there. We were told to delete the app off our phone and to never use it.

No, when we log into Samsara it won’t allow you to access your logs unless you select a truck. I never know on the days I’m home whether someone is using my assigned tractor in the city or if a schedule driver might borrow it if their truck is down, so I’m hesitant to log in unless I’m in physical control of the truck. If you log in while someone else is in the truck it will kick them off and then start logging any drive time on your log.

Thats what we was told. We log out at the end of every day. Even when we go to the motel we have to log out when we get there. We were told to delete the app off our phone and to never use it.
I’m not sure what to do to connect to the truck to PC back from break other than to do it on my phone. It doesn’t seem to negatively affect anything on the tablet. I just go off duty and log out on my phone and then log on with my tablet to go on duty to start my pre trip and hook.

The certifying issue should be an issue at all. I’ve never worried about certifying my logs while on time off for any carrier and it’s never been an issue.
Me either Estes is paranoid over the issue it seems. I know when they had peoplenet they said even when you are on vacation certify your logs daily. I did but if you are on vacation you should not have to be doing any work related tasks. Companies get all they can out of you for free.

Me either Estes is paranoid over the issue it seems. I know when they had peoplenet they said even when you are on vacation certify your logs daily. I did but if you are on vacation you should not have to be doing any work related tasks. Companies get all they can out of you for free.
I don’t know how they expect us to do this going forward if we’re not supposed to use the phone app…

On a side note I’m getting frustrated with the attitude of some of the folks in central dispatch… we have no way right now or checking if we are set up coming off break and they give us attitude for calling in to find out… they don’t call us to let us know so I’m not sure what they expect us to do…