Estes | Mis Communication

The funny thing about linehaul runs are, you rarely see drivers on long runs wanting and wishing for short runs but you always see drivers wanting and waiting for long runs. You rarely see drivers quit over too many long runs at a terminal but always see drivers quit over too many short runs at terminals.

The funny thing about linehaul runs are, you rarely see drivers on long runs wanting and wishing for short runs but you always see drivers wanting and waiting for long runs. You rarely see drivers quit over too many long runs at a terminal but always see drivers quit over too many short runs at terminals.
Nobody ever said road drivers are smart! :poke: :hide:

I have seen long run bids hang out a while on the board because of the cut time or the terminal was a dump with pot holes and mud.

Me either Estes is paranoid over the issue it seems. I know when they had peoplenet they said even when you are on vacation certify your logs daily. I did but if you are on vacation you should not have to be doing any work related tasks. Companies get all they can out of you for free.
The way I see it is, if you certify your logs on vacation then you are violating your off-duty status because you are on duty too certify them. You can certify them through the same Sara app. without signing in. On the assignments page, just click done and you can get in there. You don't have to choose a truck or anything.

The majority of the runs are turns. I like that Estes isn’t like most ltl carriers. I think most drivers won’t talk to the TM about longer runs. They just get on social media and complain. I bet you most don’t even fill out the survey . Let the company know you want longer runs. Based on where you are located , your only option might be a lay down. Don’t ask for longer runs and then give a list of what you won’t do or don’t wanna do. Remember “there ain’t no easy run”.
You can't change the distance between terminals. If it's a meet and turn, a longer run for you means you're taking a miles from your meet driver.

You can't change the distance between terminals. If it's a meet and turn, a longer run for you means you're taking a miles from your meet driver.
You know that after you drive to the halfway meet point and swap, you drive BACK right?
600 miles between terminals
300 to the meet point
300 back

Go to one terminal 600 miles away or go to one terminal then another that ends up 575 or go to terminal meet point back to terminal back home 550. We’ll you get my point.

The way I see it is, if you certify your logs on vacation then you are violating your off-duty status because you are on duty too certify them. You can certify them through the same Sara app. without signing in. On the assignments page, just click done and you can get in there. You don't have to choose a truck or anything.
What? Lol. Who told you you have to be on duty to certify logs?

You know that after you drive to the halfway meet point and swap, you drive BACK right?
600 miles between terminals
300 to the meet point
300 back
I know full well how linehaul works buddy. Read the post I was replying to. He says to just tell the company you want longer runs, like they can just magically make a terminal further away (for a 600 mile laydown) or closer (turn). Or that they can make more freight magically appear to create another long run.

I know full well how linehaul works buddy. Read the post I was replying to. He says to just tell the company you want longer runs, like they can just magically make a terminal further away (for a 600 mile laydown) or closer (turn). Or that they can make more freight magically appear to create another long run.
You’re right. I misinterpreted what you said.