Estes | Mis Communication

Drivers don’t want big runs? That’s why drivers are transferring into big terminals to get big runs. The big terminals have no problem filling big runs. At the smaller terminals the younger drivers can’t wait for the old timers to retire so they can take the runs.
There is some real old timers at Estes that wont retire. They will die on the job before they hang it up.

Most terminals have a hard time covering low mileage runs. Bids stay up unsigned for weeks. This myth that drivers don't want long runs is silly.
They could add a few more miles or figure out a way to make more turns. A lot of the l.t.l companies have a lot of turns that saves money on not staying in motels.

The majority of the runs are turns. I like that Estes isn’t like most ltl carriers. I think most drivers won’t talk to the TM about longer runs. They just get on social media and complain. I bet you most don’t even fill out the survey . Let the company know you want longer runs. Based on where you are located , your only option might be a lay down. Don’t ask for longer runs and then give a list of what you won’t do or don’t wanna do. Remember “there ain’t no easy run”.

The majority of the runs are turns. I like that Estes isn’t like most ltl carriers. I think most drivers won’t talk to the TM about longer runs. They just get on social media and complain. I bet you most don’t even fill out the survey . Let the company know you want longer runs. Based on where you are located , your only option might be a lay down. Don’t ask for longer runs and then give a list of what you won’t do or don’t wanna do. Remember “there ain’t no easy run”.
There seems to be a lot of drivers not filling out the survey. I did, and it might not do any good but at least i tried. Dont be scared to do the survey. Let them know what you think needs to be changed or fixed or what you like. I figure they asked me my opinion so i gave them my opinion.

We had those guys at OD too… they’d **** and moan about how tired they were, that long run is breaking their back, yadda yadda yadda, then they’d take the same run or a longer one the next bid.
We bid 6 Atl turns from Charl (520) miles.
A guy filed to make the 6th trip an option, and the company agreed.
The same guy never missed his 6th trip. :1036316054:

I can understand that Breeze, but did PIE ever catch on that you called off when it snowed in Montana even though your trip was in Florida? :idunno:
Actually, they did.
I had a dispatcher who lived on my street, I called and told him I couldn't get out of my drive.
He said, that's funny, I had no trouble getting to work.
I told him that's why you are a supervisor and I'm a dumbazz truck driver.