Yellow | Mitch Mcconnell Blocks Pension Vote

Reagan’s tax cuts DECREASED revenue by 6% blowing a hole in the budget thus the 4 tax increases that followed from 83-87.
  • FY 1989 - $991 billion.
  • FY 1988 - $909 billion.
  • FY 1987 - $854 billion.
  • FY 1986 - $769 billion.
  • FY 1985 - $734 billion.
  • FY 1984 - $666 billion.
  • FY 1983 - $601 billion.
  • FY 1982 - $618 billion.
  • FY 1981 - $599 billion.
  • FY 1980 - $517 billion.
  • FY 1979 - $463 billion.
517 billion when he came in. Went up every year. 991 when GHW Bush started.

Oops, I apologize for 1983 when it dropped $17 billion. My mistake. It would have recovered quicker if we had let the rates lower, in my opinion...

You’re talking BaseLine Budgeting. I’m talking Revenue from Taxes. Baseline budgets still use Carter’s Budget PLUS 7% each year. That’s BS. One year Reagan INCREASED Spending by (only! How dare he!) 4%, and it was called a CUT!!!! Only in Washingtonspeak!!!!

End Baseline Budgeting- Return to Zero Base Budgeting, where every $1.00 is a 100% Increase. End Taxing Income- Go Fairtax!!!! https://fairtax.org/ with zero corporate tax, biz would flood to build in the USA. We’d have the best tax rates and jobs in the world. And with no withholding, we’d all get an instant several thousand dollar stimulus in our pockets!

End Campaign Laws. make every candidate wear NASCAR type patches showing who owns them. Move Tax Day from April 15 to Election Day, and end withholding. People will pay taxes in the morning, and vote, remembering who spent that tax money in the afternoon.

Things would change in DC!!!!!

Last edited:
The PBGC estimates that as of 2015, multiemployer pension plans in the United States had a combined $638 billion in unfunded liabilities. Further, 96 percent of the more than 10 million workers and retirees affected are in multiemployer pension plans that have less than 60 percent of the funding needed to pay benefits.

Plus, the article states the PBGC is $79 billion short.

https://www.michigancapitolconfiden...er-bailout-likely-for-big-union-pension-funds

Add on the cost of Borrowing the money you want the Government to lend out, start an entirely new Federal Bureau, buy buildings, hire employees, (that each would demand $600,000 a year like Nyham), create rules, regulations, etc... we talking Well Over a few hundred Billion Dollars.....

The PBGC estimates that as of 2015, multiemployer pension plans in the United States had a combined $638 billion in unfunded liabilities. Further, 96 percent of the more than 10 million workers and retirees affected are in multiemployer pension plans that have less than 60 percent of the funding needed to pay benefits.

Plus, the article states the PBGC is $79 billion short.

https://www.michigancapitolconfiden...er-bailout-likely-for-big-union-pension-funds

Add on the cost of Borrowing the money you want the Government to lend out, start an entirely new Federal Bureau, buy buildings, hire employees, (that each would demand $600,000 a year like Nyham), create rules, regulations, etc... we talking Well Over a few hundred Billion Dollars.....
You’re right I’m gonna get on the Trump train!! Bring on more tax cuts for the wealthy and grind the working man into hamburger. That’s something I can really get behind!! Wait a minute I work for Yrc I wonder if I’m considered wealthy? It would suck to be a hamburger on some billionaires plate

You’re right I’m gonna get on the Trump train!! Bring on more tax cuts for the wealthy and grind the working man into hamburger. That’s something I can really get behind!! Wait a minute I work for Yrc I wonder if I’m considered wealthy? It would suck to be a hamburger on some billionaires plate

Nice Deflection. None of that is related to the Butch Lewis Act, or why it hasn't passed yet...

You shall not covet your neighbor's house. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.

— Exodus 20:17

You shall not covet your neighbor's house. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.

I don’t covet anything the point I was making is the hypocrisy of republicans when it comes to spending. It’s pull yourself up by your boot staps for the working man but the wealthy need their tax cuts or they might have to settle for a smaller yacht. Government can’t afford to help pensioners but no problem cutting the wealthy’s taxes by the trillions. Greedy pensioners will just buy more stocks and bonds but the billionaires will spend their windfall to spur the economy.

I don’t covet anything the point I was making is the hypocrisy of republicans when it comes to spending. It’s pull yourself up by your boot staps for the working man but the wealthy need their tax cuts or they might have to settle for a smaller yacht. Government can’t afford to help pensioners but no problem cutting the wealthy’s taxes by the trillions. Greedy pensioners will just buy more stocks and bonds but the billionaires will spend their windfall to spur the economy.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck- it's a duck...

Heck we have to save Billions of $$$ for free healthcare for Illegal Immigrants that 100% of the Democrats running for President promised illegals...
Free Healthcare is expensive for chain migrants.

Sorry no $$$ for you, you union guys already vote Democrat... Time to buy some new votes...

I notice no right-wingers on here are defending this. Kind of hard to spin this as anything other then one more chapter in the transfer of wealth from the working class to the billionaire class.

Butch Lewis is over and done unless there is a big shift in electoral politics in 2020.

I’m a conservative and I can’t really defend this, especially since I heard Sen. McConnell talking about a bill he supports protecting Kentucky coal miners’ pensions... what’s good for the goose Mr. McConnell...

I’m a conservative and I can’t really defend this, especially since I heard Sen. McConnell talking about a bill he supports protecting Kentucky coal miners’ pensions... what’s good for the goose Mr. McConnell...
McConnell is NOT a Conservative. He's barely even a Republican. He's for one thing and one thing only- whatever is good for Mitch McConnell.

I love how everyone demonize the wealthy people like they are some evil villains.
I personally know people who are self made millionaires, not spooners. They worked hard made risky ventures and along the way lost money in the process.
I personally love talking with people who have made it financially in life, very interesting to learn how they think and react to things.
Some politicians lie about going after the rich, make them pay their fair share they say.
All along their buddies get the government contracts that are a blank check to their new found wealth while the working class pay for their slush funds.
We all need to wake up and realize at work and at home you must provide for yourself and family, not wait for the government to try and fix everything.
Think if we all went to work this week and treated our job like it was our business and not just a job, maybe we could make this a better place one day at a time.

With Bush 43 in 8 years Americans averaged a $400 gain in new wealth
With Obama in 8 years Americans average a $1,100 gain in new wealth
With Trump in 3 years Americans average a $5,100 gain in new wealth.
You are a smart one, good idea stay off that Trump Train...
Best to hope Biden gets in in 2020. he can make Hunter a billionaire again!
Boy it's tough to trick you..... You are quite the thinker...

Once again which party deregulated the trucking & airline industries and didn't the same Democrat Party sign NAFTA???
Remember Obama in 2008 on a podium with Hoffa Jr swearing how Obama was going to renegotiate NAFTA because it killed working people and their communities??? What exactly did Obama do about NAFTA??? Oh yea he allowed Mexican carriers into the USA. Up to 20,000 of them.....
Once again , who renegotiated NAFTA???? I think his name is Trump... No wonder Democrats need to get rid of him...
Shut your darn TV off, you take orders from it...
Trucking deregulation and nafta 100% of house and senate rebublicans voted for it , not a one attempted to stop it

Heck we have to save Billions of $$$ for free healthcare for Illegal Immigrants that 100% of the Democrats running for President promised illegals...
Free Healthcare is expensive for chain migrants.

Sorry no $$$ for you, you union guys already vote Democrat... Time to buy some new votes...
Illegals already get free health care showing up at emergency room with fake name

Mitch is Chump & Loser , what we need is somebody with real power like Hillary on our side, to save our pensions !!!
6631a513e59d246983e57fa36711b04e.jpg
I can picture a speech , fist in the air shouting "save the pensions" then as usual nothing happens