Yellow | My observations

We all didn't vote yes for the concessions.. Some of us they rammed down our throats and in other cases old Yella threatened to close facilities if concessions were not accepted and they were pushed by Hoffa Jr and company.. As far as the banks.. Never heard anything about yellow missing any interest payments .. Yellow was a cash cow for the banks..
Not everyone voted for Biden either but we all accept the majority vote. Concessions were accepted by the majority and anyone who didn't like working under the concessions was free to leave and work somewhere else. I'm no gigantic fan of Hoffa Jr. but he did the right thing with Yellow. He was faced with two options - refuse to allow a vote on concessions and likely see the early end of Yellow or preserve Teamster jobs at the largest unionized LTL carrier left. By keeping Yellow going even with the concessions he 1) allowed for many who possibly couldn't get rehired anywhere else to still have a decent job and 2) give those who disliked the concessions to have ample time to find a better job while still at a good paying job. What's not to like about that? Those who vilify Hoffa Jr. about Yellow need to pull their heads out of their butts!

Not everyone voted for Biden either but we all accept the majority vote. Concessions were accepted by the majority and anyone who didn't like working under the concessions was free to leave and work somewhere else. I'm no gigantic fan of Hoffa Jr. but he did the right thing with Yellow. He was faced with two options - refuse to allow a vote on concessions and likely see the early end of Yellow or preserve Teamster jobs at the largest unionized LTL carrier left. By keeping Yellow going even with the concessions he 1) allowed for many who possibly couldn't get rehired anywhere else to still have a decent job and 2) give those who disliked the concessions to have ample time to find a better job while still at a good paying job. What's not to like about that? Those who vilify Hoffa Jr. about Yellow need to pull their heads out of their butts!
Really what good did those give backs really do in the end??..Just prolonged the inevitable. I will vilify Jr all day long. Perhaps Yellow would have gotten their stuff together had they not been enabled year after by give backs and bail outs.

Really what good did those give backs really do in the end??..Just prolonged the inevitable. I will vilify Jr all day long. Perhaps Yellow would have gotten their stuff together had they not been enabled year after by give backs and bail outs.
They would have shut down back then, get your facts straight. The investment banks made concessions a condition of refinancing the loans coming due back then. The "inevitable" excuse you give also applies to you. It's inevitable you'll die some day, don't you want to put that day off as long as possible? Yellow still provided decent paying jobs for tens of thousands of people over the last 10-15 years, and many people were thankful for that in spite of your negativity.

They would have shut down back then, get your facts straight. The investment banks made concessions a condition of refinancing the loans coming due back then. The "inevitable" excuse you give also applies to you. It's inevitable you'll die some day, don't you want to put that day off as long as possible? Yellow still provided decent paying jobs for tens of thousands of people over the last 10-15 years, and many people were thankful for that in spite of your negativity.
Actually to answer question I am not being negative just keeping it real which unless something agrees with your agenda you can't do. Unfortunately we cannot poll all of those people sometimes it's better to rip the bandaid off and move on as many have done. Yellow was out of money this day was coming perhaps if Jr had forced them to get their house in order in 08 not so many thousand would be on the street today. No in regards to my own life if I was suffering a SLOW PAINFUL death like yellow has been for years no please God do not prolong that.

Who wants a lousy $100k per year job? :1036316054:

Roll, nobody said anything about 40 hours/week for that $100K Think 60-65 hours/week plus some holidays mixed into that.
My point, if I’d said it, we’d be going back and forth. Thanks for agreeing. Just imagine if an individual spent those 25 hrs every week running their own business on the side. Yellow closing wouldn’t be an issue, they would have more time to grow their own business even further.

Last edited:
A lot of carriers do silly things like that, it's also human behavior. Quality comes once a carrier is running well and trying to finesse the operation.
The problem with Yellow was they were always a step away from death. Worrying about quality was the furthest notion on their minds.
The work rules constricted the company to the point that they never generated profits.
New Penn generated a :shit:load of profit and paid full wage pension and benefits till the Yellow submarine I mean titanic bought them

My point, if I’d said it, we’d be going back and forth. Thanks for agreeing. Just imagine if an individual spent those 25 hrs every week running their own business on the side. Yellow closing wouldn’t be an issue, they would have more time to grow their own business even further.
True, if you're operating one of those businesses that lasted five years (around 20% last I heard).

Chev,
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Roadway bought New Penn. Yellow Transportation also had the same pay and benefits until we all hit the bricks in 2009.
Roadway acquired New Penn when they purchased Arnold Industries. Then sold Arnold's TL companies. To recoup much of the purchase price.