Yellow | My observations

AS I have stated numerous times in these forums, the freight would return expeditiously fast maybe even over night. At the end of the day companies only care about the bottom line, and say what you will about moving cheap freight but Yellow still made 6 billion freaking dollars in 2022. We are/were some of the best drivers in the industry, and our customers loved us. If you build it they will come...... ummm back! ;)
AS I have stated numerous times in these forums, the freight would return expeditiously fast maybe even over night. At the end of the day companies only care about the bottom line, and say what you will about moving cheap freight but Yellow still made 6 billion freaking dollars in 2022. We are/were some of the best drivers in the industry, and our customers loved us. If you build it they will come...... ummm back! ;)
6 billion wasn't enough though that's why you are out of business.

The complexity of LTL rates will make that nearly impossible in the short term.
They would have needed a sales force in p
The complexity of LTL rates will make that nearly impossible in the short term.
They would have needed a sales force in place months ago.
They are out of business and still think you can haul freight at cost. There is no way to pay all the union wants hauling for cost.

I joined just to respond to the ridiculous fairytales being posted. Very few of you worked for Yellow but act like you know everything that went on. SOB had nothing to do with the shut down. When James Welch announced the turn around was complete and that he was retiring, that was the beginning of the end. Hawkins became ceo and got in bed with Apollo who ***** this company. The new financial team secured the cares act loan..... never intending to repay it. The same individual that secured the govt. money is leading the bankruptcy team now.....imagine that. The change of ops was never meant to succeed, I was involved in both central change hearings at the local level. The company brought the changes to the locals remember ( that never happened before).... Labor man and Freight director both told us it was never going to work, Both changes violated seniority rights , It wasn't about linehaul working the dock. The company needed to blame the Union ,management was told to miss pickups and deliveries. The company pissed money away daily... remember the traveler program, millions of dollars wasted a week. How about no real layoffs either. people were paid to sweep trailers for hours at a time. THE COMPANY WAS INTENTIONALLY GOING UNDER. We were worth more in real estate to the vultures. They offered a fake 10hr raise to help with their lies. The union opened the books ahead of time, they already knew the waste and loss of the company... Nothing can save a company that doesn't want to be saved.

New century logistics latest offer is a very viable plan. The most important parts for the venture would be equipment and manpower. The freight will come back, freight rates are way too high right now . Dock space can be leased as needed. In my area where Yrc and Holland both operated there are multiple vacant terminals for lease. Read your contract, that will answer all of your questions about seniority rights. The company would not start with 15000 overnight.

I hope Susan Amico can succeed. I personally doubt they will . The vultures and criminals have too much to gain and even more to hide.

Another thought..... When the union boogeyman is gone from freight and no longer a threat..... HOW LONG till the non-union LTL CEO's decide y'all dont need to make 30+ dollars an hour??????? There will be a surplus of drivers to replace people.

Hence why there once was around 500 union LTL carriers and today there are 2
If Sarah was truly serious she would not have waited until the property auction to begin this process.
Once again Puffy how many LTL carriers are there now? 500? Nope, because with deregulation not that many are needed....how did these non union companies compete? By undercutting rates...how did they do that? Total compensation for drivers was cut.....
As far as Sarah goes you don't think an LTL company is complex and requires a lot of time to put an offer together? This isn't a one truck operation.....

They will still pay the 30 because they make enough to take care of their drivers. They still make profits after paying their workers. They were never scared of the union boogey man. The union is a non issue that is taking care of itself. Hopefully you guys get hired on at some of the non union l.t.l"s and see that it's not as bad as you think. Do they have problems? Of course but there is no perfect place. But all in all they pay decent and and as long as you work nothing is really said.

The former LTL freight moved by Yellow is long gone with no hope of retrieval.
There currently is no market for a teamster LTL Carrier. Good shippers avoid union carriers, unless there is a compelling reason (price)
Hence why there once was around 500 union LTL carriers and today there are 2
If Sarah was truly serious she would not have waited until the property auction to begin this process.
This is a false flag operation by the union to divert attention from their colossal failure.
Obviously it is working... You are discu
Another anti union rant by the puff.. I would wager if yellow was non union puff wouldn't be on this forum.. What's it now puff?? So many years I have been reading your same anti teamster hating posts..

Once again Puffy how many LTL carriers are there now? 500? Nope, because with deregulation not that many are needed....how did these non union companies compete? By undercutting rates...how did they do that? Total compensation for drivers was cut.....
As far as Sarah goes you don't think an LTL company is complex and requires a lot of time to put an offer together? This isn't a one truck operation.....
I remember reading back in Nov that said Jack Cooper was pretty sure they could get a good chunk of the auto industry freight.. These people are not dumb.. They have a plan..

Being union we still made more than non union carriers when everything was said and done, and the only thing saving non union drivers from $15hr is the fact that the Teamsters exist period!

Truck, Sarah's bid seems well-intentioned, but I have to agree the math just isn't there. The mere start-up costs at this point would be overwhelming, compounded by the fact that the volume has been easily absorbed by the remaining players in the industry. If capacity was "bursting at the seams" that would shake out differently, but it's not. The timing of this couldn't get much worse.
Also, there are numerous contingencies at play here, most notably the CARES Act loan extension requirement. There is enough uproar in Congress about that (it may well have been illegal to begin with) that getting the required Congressional approval for the extension terms doesn't seem to be "in the cards". Also, the auction for the rolling stock has been consigned to Nations Capital/Ritchie Bros.. The 125 or so terminals have been auctioned off, with the Court's requisite Order due next Tuesday. In both scenarios, there would be legal ramifications and monetary damage claims if Amico's bid was suddenly brought to the forefront and approved. I just can't imagine that happening.
She has no plans for needs for startup costs. She is good at math. Get everything sell what you don’t want and use what she wants. Win win $ in her pocket and free terminal trucks and everything else to start whatever she wants. And Yellow doesn’t want to sell it to her because . They are gonna pocket every penny they can out of this bankruptcy sale. And it’s gonna be a lot of bonuses for whoever is still there

There is probably 25 or so significant LTL carriers. Depending on the definition of significant.
The remaining carriers after deregulation competed by their value to customers . That is a combination of price, service, quality, dependability, technology, representation, compliance, safety, equipment, capacity as well as other items.
Union carriers rarely offer value to shippers, hence the failure rate.
Your point of not needing many carriers is well taken. The remaining carriers are so good they have exceeded customers needs and offer the services customers are looking for. These carriers are flexible, lean, efficient and profitable. Something unions carriers fail miserably at.

I have stated on here many times that the complexity of LTL makes any resurrection of Yellow nearly impossible. Unless there is a compelling reason to shift from current carriers, customers will not move business in the current LTL market.

Ms Sarah's company nearly failed at hauling cars, their core business. I don't see them successful in LTL....
This is a diversion to get folks like you to talk about something other than the disaster caused by SOB and the teamster union. Killing 30,000 jobs borders on criminal.

Puff Driver:
"Ms Sarah's company nearly failed at hauling cars, their core business. I don't see them successful in LTL....
This is a diversion to get folks like you to talk about something other than the disaster caused by SOB and the teamster union. Killing 30,000 jobs borders on criminal."
So, the DECADES long mismanagement by YRCW/Yellow was the Teamster's fault? IMO it is an opportunity for you to demonstrate your utter lack of understanding the disaster Yellow management was.

Puff Driver:
"Ms Sarah's company nearly failed at hauling cars, their core business. I don't see them successful in LTL....
This is a diversion to get folks like you to talk about something other than the disaster caused by SOB and the teamster union. Killing 30,000 jobs borders on criminal."
So, the DECADES long mismanagement by YRCW/Yellow was the Teamster's fault? IMO it is an opportunity for you to demonstrate your utter lack of understanding the disaster Yellow management was.
Nah....it was the tombstone....

This is a diversion to get folks like you to talk about something other than the disaster caused by SOB and the teamster union. Killing 30,000 jobs borders on criminal.
Puff, you make some good points, but it's painfully obvious that you HATE Unions. Remember Unions, the folks who brought you the weekend, overtime pay, the 40-hour basic workweek, and paid health insurance along with a retirement. That stuff didn't happen because Henry Ford, Simon Legree, John D. Rockefeller John Jacob Astor, J.P. Morgan and Andrew Carnegie loved their employees and wanted to take good care of them. People died, indeed were occasionally massacred to obtain those things. I agree that Union leaders have in many circumstances gotten a bit too "big for their britches", but that is actually as much the fault of the rank-and-file as anyone. The Teamster General election is living proof of this.
When I started out (1976) we didn't get to directly elect the General President or any other IBT officers. The Justice Department sued for that. We've been directly electing since 1991. Look at how many (really how few) of the members exercise that right to vote. It's pathetic!! O'Brien was elected by a 2:1 margin over Vairma. But the biggest voting block by far was what I call the "apathy slate", people who couldn't be bothered to return their ballot. 86% of the eligible voters didn't vote! AAA (the entity that conducts the balloting) just can't make it any easier. O'Brien was voted for by 9% of the eligible voters.

Nah....it was the tombstone....
y\Yes the tombstone caused the rush for the exits by Yellow shippers. The bill count drop was incredible once the genius posted the Yellow Tombstone meme.
On top of archaic work rules the company was doomed. Jack Welsh in his best days could not manage Yellow.
Of course the "Fork Freight Friday" "pay the rate or lock the gate" or " No Road Drivers will ever work the dock" crowd sealed Yellows fate.

Yellow/Roadway/YRC/USF/New Penn are dead and cold in the ground. Does everybody really still need to keep pointing fingers all day 4 months after the funeral?
Because some actually believe in fairy tales, such as the resurrection of a miserable company riddled with debt, poor service, crap quality, bad attitudes and a union that was hellbent on shutting them down???