ODFL | My yard isn't happy with the new OT

I am not sure but I’m sure od starting pay is higher than reddaway top pay and seeing how all of these carriers are hurting for drivers and offering top scale day one who knows what od will start their new drivers at. I work for a union carrier that pays more than reddaway and still offers the pension it’s great wouldn’t leave to go to od but when comparing reddaway to od then that’s a different story
What’s starting od pay?

They’ll push for better productivity and watch for areas of improvement.

This is definitely needed in some areas. However with that said, where will OD get the equipment for another possible thousand drivers with the supposed parts and computer chip shortage. Will the linehaul crew accept they may have to slip seat with a city driver who drives an 13-18 model year because that is what is available
I would imagine 4 days at 12 hours a day is their goal .

Over 25 at least but more than that now for sure,,, reddaway only tops out at 64 cpm for line also lmao,,, goats makin more those guys do
That’s funny cause I grossed 1900 last week driving 2658 that week. This week I’m going to make $2000+ guarantee. I seen OD line haul checks and I don’t feel like I’m missing out. I do envy them being home everyday though. I’m only 3.5 months in the trucking business and Reddaway pays good. If you don’t believe I can show you my paychecks. Low cpm but get paid for all work. Wait time, breakdown, drops and hooks, shop time, fuel, inconveniences etc. and it’s stress free.

As

You’re absolutely right my friend I told people at my location years ago base your bills on 40 hours a week bank rest of the money for hard times and new toys do you think the young ones were listen no, it’s going to be a learning curve Perhaps new drivers will look at this and learn from it
No they won’t

Abt, Saia, Pyle, and Pitt all pay ot, and drivers are gettin as much ot as they want. OD makes a ton of money, they can certainly afford to let you guys work as much as you want
But when the quarterly numbers come out none of those companies come even close to being as efficient as OD. Running in the 70's all the time is incredible!

Incredible? For who? For investors and corporate. I wish we could have a piece of pie instead of crumbs.
I am saying it is an incredible accomplishment! I keep wondering how long OD can keep it up and quarter after quarter I continue to be amazed! So many companies in all sorts of industries or poorly run and managed, especially trucking, that when I see a company turning those kind of numbers I can appreciate it even if I don't work there.
I always wonder why some of these not so profitable companies don't throw big bucks at the higher ups at OD and get them to try and duplicate that success at their companies.

I am saying it is an incredible accomplishment! I keep wondering how long OD can keep it up and quarter after quarter I continue to be amazed! So many companies in all sorts of industries or poorly run and managed, especially trucking, that when I see a company turning those kind of numbers I can appreciate it even if I don't work there.
I always wonder why some of these not so profitable companies don't throw big bucks at the higher ups at OD and get them to try and duplicate that success at their companies.
Just a theory but what if ABF didn’t pay into the pension for every employee and didn’t pay for the employees plus their families healthcare and didn’t pay massive amounts of overtime would they have numbers like OD or are they just making good numbers at Abf and taking care of the employees well as is

Exactly! Why should OD penalize you by cutting your hours when they re making money hand over fist. I believe they will allow guys to work over 50, if they want to. I hope so anyway
I don’t think Old Dominion is going to penalize anybody for working overtime, However they are not going to give away time and a half like it’s candy if they can make money by allowing you to work over 50 I think they’ll be all in. However I believe the service center managers better have their game real tight when they have to explain the overtime hours to their bosses I wouldn’t want to be a dispatcher who brought people in two hours before their first delivery that may be hard to explain it’s going to be a big learning curve I wish him the best of luck and as a linehaul driver all I can say is thank you 0D

I always wonder why some of these not so profitable companies don't throw big bucks at the higher ups at OD and the get them to try and duplicate that success at their companies.
It's easy Tolls when you have the all-time Mastio champ it's no problem to operate in the 70s.

Just a theory but what if ABF didn’t pay into the pension for every employee and didn’t pay for the employees plus their families healthcare and didn’t pay massive amounts of overtime would they have numbers like OD or are they just making good numbers at Abf and taking care of the employees well as is
If you look at a company’s ability to pay vs what they offer, it says a lot about the management of said company. In light of how profitable OD is, the increase is terrible. That leads me to believe that OD won’t do anything for its employees unless they perceive a threat either to their profits, or from organizing action.

If you look at a company’s ability to pay vs what they offer, it says a lot about the management of said company. In light of how profitable OD is, the increase is terrible. That leads me to believe that OD won’t do anything for its employees unless they perceive a threat either to their profits, or from organizing action.
Well my friend as far as organizing you got a better chance of seeing God before ODL allows that to happen and yes the raise could’ve been a little more perhaps but what bothers me the most is if we start operate in the high 70s they were consider that a slap in the face And the shine will be off of us, how are they going to react. You you can’t keep getting your OR lower I mean what are you doing operate at 20 in 10 years?

Well my friend as far as organizing you got a better chance of seeing God before ODL allows that to happen and yes the raise could’ve been a little more perhaps but what bothers me the most is if we start operate in the high 70s they were consider that a slap in the face And the shine will be off of us, how are they going to react. You you can’t keep getting your OR lower I mean what are you doing operate at 20 in 10 years?
I don’t disagree. OD prob start firing people at the slightest whiff of organizing. Just making the point that they could have given us much more, but they didn’t want to. The question is why? Why not at least match inflation with 5% or so. As far as your question, maybe that is their goal. Drive down the OR no matter what.

I don’t disagree. OD prob start firing people at the slightest whiff of organizing. Just making the point that they could have given us much more, but they didn’t want to. The question is why? Why not at least match inflation with 5% or so. As far as your question, maybe that is their goal. Drive down the OR no matter what.
Yup ! No matter what