TForce | New changes for 07'

falcon465

TB Lurker
Credits
I've heard for quite a while, around other terminals that there was going to be some "big" changes in the new year. I know at my barn we are going to finally have a bid on start times for the city....of course all that will mean is that we all know that instead of calling in every morning our start times will just be at ten o'clock every morning. If anyone has heard anything at there barn feel us in.....

I know at our barn, they painted the safety lines across the driveway for us to walk in, we have received several new trailers, yet no new trucks. My ops mgr has 3 numbers already for hiring new dock with cdl's, its funny last year at this time there was a hiring freeze, this year we have 3 numbers already approved. we have seen a huge influx of freight compared to this time last year. start times are still for the senior drivers though, but I'm moving through our ranks fast as we have many retiring this year and next year.

I've heard for quite a while, around other terminals that there was going to be some "big" changes in the new year. I know at my barn we are going to finally have a bid on start times for the city....of course all that will mean is that we all know that instead of calling in every morning our start times will just be at ten o'clock every morning. If anyone has heard anything at there barn feel us in.....

Haven't seen anything here GRJ....But I do all I can to not see......In SLC they painted the lines and put signs all over the yard, some new posters and such....One says UPS Freight Western Division....Haven't seen that yet......And JUNK JUNK JUNK........Equipment that is....Some new trailers though.....Lines on the dock are gone and the signs are missing or ran over and they started smoking on the dock again....Not supposed to but the mini hub foreman or whatever his title is don't give a ratsa$$ about anything....

It was kind of funny the engineers and regional MGR was there and it looked like a well oiled machine. The next monday it was right back to the same ol'crap.

I thought by now we'd have a sign at our enterance?
We've still got the dark blue football with the old Overnite co. name painted in white?
Our front office doors had the Overnite sign painted over,and are plain with no signs.
My TM had our whole terminal cleaned up before Christmas,and its still looking really good.

We are in an old Halls Motor Transit terminal,that was built back in the eary 60's.
All our dock bays are set up for 96" wide trailers.
I do have to give my TM a lot of credit.
this place was a real mess for the longest time.
I was with Halls at this terminal from 1968 till they closed up in 1986.

Other than no new UPS signs around here.
The only changes I see is that we are earning more money,and instead of it being 2006,its now 2007!

After the rebranding in May, we were suppose to be one of the first to have the building painted and signage put up. Nothing yet. Our new TM did clean up the joint. It almost looks respectable. I don't think they want to do too much here. We are suppose to get 20 more doors this year. So they are probably waiting on the renovations to rebrand us. We have a couple new tractors, and one other down right now to get repainted, plus 6 UPSF vans and a few pups that seem to come and go. My predicition would be that UPSF will dump a lot into infrastructure this year in the way of equipment and terminal/terrority expansions. Time to play catch up!!

We are finally going to get some toilet paper and paper towels for the bathrooms. I also heard that they were going to repair the heat in the bathroom so the toilets won't freeze anymore.

We are finally going to get some toilet paper and paper towels for the bathrooms. I also heard that they were going to repair the heat in the bathroom so the toilets won't freeze anymore.

Maybe you'll get an indoor bathroom instead of fixing up the old one.:hysterical:

Only changes I have seen is that multiple bids are being lost, and the trailers that would have gone with a driver that used to be MC, now leave out with teams that are of course O drivers.If our TM told you the time of day you would want to immediatly find a clock to check if its the truth or not. Due to the recent snow that just buried us, we are almost having to put the trailers on end to get them to fit in the yard, and still cant run because, "we have a team comming in and have to keep them moving". Then 5 hours later when your into a fourth beer, they call and say the team has a problem,(hours, maintenence, told them to screw off.) and try to get you to run "right away" and if you cant, dont expect to be called again in the near future.

Whats going on trojan Man?
I thought UPS was going to straighten our old company out?

I'm just a city driver in one of the smaller UPS Freight terminals.

If it wasn't for all the posts I see on these truckingboards I would think everything with our company was fine,and dandy.

I can see that UPS is got their work cut out for them to get their freight division on the straight,and narrow pathway of efficiency,and profitablity.

I'm still going with Skeeters famous saying.
Time will tell,thats about it,TIME WILL TELL??

Well falcon465 do you think just maybe that the MC, old OVNT TM's and all the old upper management types will ever be completely on the same page,with our parent UPS,in the not to distant future?

What the?
Didn't they get a copy of our new UPS Freight rule books we got with the rebranding?
I'm sure theres a place about honoring senority?
The privileges that comes with longevity,for putting up with the same company,year,after year.

they never use seniority list for starting times or routes
I know this all so well. I lose a couple hundred every week to there do as they please management. The policy book, The Interpetations of Generalizations, isn't worth the ink its printed on. Especially if you waste the time to read it and at the end you find out that all the rules are up to the discretion of the TM.

How about if you get creative,hugnlug.
Make a copy of the senority policy.
White out the part about the discretion of the TM.
Than go to Officemax,and pay them a very small amount of money.
I'm sure its under a buck.
Have it blown up a few sizes,than tack it up in your drivers room.
You could be the hero at your terminal for this simple deed,ya think?