ABF | New contract

Rollin62

TB Veteran
Credits
Does anyone know if employees hired under the last contract, with less than 3 years seniority, will automatically be bumped to full pay scale. I didn't know If theirs a provision keeping them bound to the contract they were hired under.

Does anyone know if employees hired under the last contract, with less than 3 years seniority, will automatically be bumped to full pay scale. I didn't know If theirs a provision keeping them bound to the contract they were hired under.
No, 3 years till full rate - 7%

Actually, under the new contract the new hire wage progression has changed. If you are CDL qualified with all required endorsements you start at 90% for the first year and bump up to 100% after that (minus the wage reduction that is in place at the time). It is also my understanding that anyone that is currently in their first year of employment (with all qualifications) will automatically be bumped up from 85% to 90% and will then go to 100% after their first full year (minus the wage reduction that is in place at the time). Check with your business agent to verify.

Actually, under the new contract the new hire wage progression has changed. If you are CDL qualified with all required endorsements you start at 90% for the first year and bump up to 100% after that (minus the wage reduction that is in place at the time). It is also my understanding that anyone that is currently in their first year of employment (with all qualifications) will automatically be bumped up from 85% to 90% and will then go to 100% after their first full year (minus the wage reduction that is in place at the time). Check with your business agent to verify.
I would expect that to be the case as it was last contract.
Your welcome, see that im not a d*ck all the time....
Me neither. I'm a good guy but I can a-hole with the best.

True but if you were hired under the last contract they wont bump you up to full rate until your 3rd year...

True but if you were hired under the last contract they wont bump you up to full rate until your 3rd year...
Are you sure about that? We had one clown who voted yes just so he could get the immediate raise.

I just got off the phone with my business agent and he said that everyone falls under the new contract agreement starting Sunday. He went on to say that anyone with all their qualifications (CDL, HazMat, etc.) with less than one year under their belt bumps up to 90% (minus 7%) and will bump up to full scale after one full year (minus 7%). So, anyone that this affects probably needs to contact their business agent.

A couple of months ago this question was asked at the stewards meeting and the ABF Labor Relations person said he thought all new employees would fall under the new contract when it was ratified. But that the final decision was beyond his “pay grade.”

I just got off the phone with my business agent and he said that everyone falls under the new contract agreement starting Sunday. He went on to say that anyone with all their qualifications (CDL, HazMat, etc.) with less than one year under their belt bumps up to 90% (minus 7%) and will bump up to full scale after one full year (minus 7%). So, anyone that this affects probably needs to contact their business agent.
In all honesty this is not an area that I would expect ABF to try and cheat on. I expect that what you have posted here is the case and that ABF will comply. That does not mean that some won't be missed and that all should check their seniority dates and pay rates but I would really be surprised if ABF tried anything on this.

WOW... never heard of that....but that don't surprise me anymore....

At the last contract the pay progression was changed to benefit the drivers and the new scale was given to the existing drivers.

So if that is the case that would also mean guys hired last month (I'm one of them) would receive the old contracts earned vacation policy...?

I don't see that happening. I'd say the pay scale will be according to new contract. 90% first year, 100% second year.

So if that is the case that would also mean guys hired last month (I'm one of them) would receive the old contracts earned vacation policy...?

I don't see that happening. I'd say the pay scale will be according to new contract. 90% first year, 100% second year.
I thought the new contract was 100% after 1 year....

I thought the new contract was 100% after 1 year....

Monday all new employee with less than a year will rec 90% of scale and 100% after a year. if you are working at the old contract rate you will get bumped up to 90% of scale minus 7% of course. They will have to work two years to get a week of vacation in this new contract. If you were employed before March 2013 you will not lose vaction untill 2014. here is some of the wording in the contract.

The union was able to shorten the wage progression
for CDL qualified drivers and mechanics to a
first year rate of 90 percent with 100 percent of
the top rate after one year of service.

Rather than suffer reductions in each of
these important categories, the union focused on
one area that would provide direct economic
relief but also allow employees to continue to
work and support income maintenance despite a
give back—in this case, the loss of one week’s
vacation for all employees. The lower vacation
accrual rate will not affect any vacations earned
through March 31 of this year so most employees
will not lose a week until the use of the new
accrual period commences in 2014.

I hope this helps you out.

[Ugot to love it when someone is negotiating on my behalf and decides it is ok to offer my vacation to the company. Who were the ibt working for ? Well guess it doesn't matter anymore

[/U]
Monday all new employee with less than a year will rec 90% of scale and 100% after a year. if you are working at the old contract rate you will get bumped up to 90% of scale minus 7% of course. They will have to work two years to get a week of vacation in this new contract. If you were employed before March 2013 you will not lose vaction untill 2014. here is some of the wording in the contract.

The union was able to shorten the wage progression
for CDL qualified drivers and mechanics to a
first year rate of 90 percent with 100 percent of
the top rate after one year of service.

Rather than suffer reductions in each of
these important categories, the union focused on
one area that would provide direct economic
relief but also allow employees to continue to
work and support income maintenance despite a
give back—in this case, the loss of one week’s
vacation for all employees. The lower vacation
accrual rate will not affect any vacations earned