ABF | New contract

Are you sure about that? We had one clown who voted yes just so he could get the immediate raise.

Hey...hey, you calling me a clown? Jeff....the moderator is pickin on me....he better stop it....right now! :crybaby:

[Ugot to love it when someone is negotiating on my behalf and decides it is ok to offer my vacation to the company. Who were the ibt working for ? Well guess it doesn't matter anymore

[/U]
The teamsters sent out a questionnaire asking what you wanted to give the company in the upcoming negotiations.
Retirement won the top priority, everything else got hammered.
I didn't like the wording or the attitude going in but they did ask.

That is true but the questionnaire did not have an option for giving up nothing or to gain something. The questionnaire was all about WHAT WOULD YOU GIVE UP, PERIOD!!!!!!! No other options.

The teamsters sent out a questionnaire asking what you wanted to give the company in the upcoming negotiations.
Retirement won the top priority, everything else got hammered.
I didn't like the wording or the attitude going in but they did ask.

The questioneer was a big joke!!! Not once did the IBT ask once what we wanted or needed... They also knew we were in for changes with the h&w, and with our pensions, so what did they have to lose... This is by far the worst contract and negotiations I have ever seen!!! As far as what the IBT fought for and won was just smoke and mirrors... The IBT will never be able to organize another company with these so called negotiations as we have seen over the past few years!!!

The questioneer was a big joke!!! Not once did the IBT ask once what we wanted or needed... They also knew we were in for changes with the h&w, and with our pensions, so what did they have to lose... This is by far the worst contract and negotiations I have ever seen!!! As far as what the IBT fought for and won was just smoke and mirrors... The IBT will never be able to organize another company with these so called negotiations as we have seen over the past few years!!!

I'm gonna be real honest, but I have an ill will when I see dues held out of my check for these guys.

Meaning I hate paying money to our union reps monthly.

Seeing as you have only been a teamster since august I'm thinking you've paid one maybe two months dues. Don't like leave. Go back to yout skab outfit. They don't collect dues

That is true but the questionnaire did not have an option for giving up nothing or to gain something. The questionnaire was all about WHAT WOULD YOU GIVE UP, PERIOD!!!!!!! No other options.
I left my multiple choices empty and wrote in the comment box, "I did not forget to respond to this questionnaire, I do not like anything about it."
Who knows, they may even lose one or two they already have.
I'm gonna be real honest, but I have an ill will when I see dues held out of my check for these guys.
Words of wisdom from a guy who was just crowing about how ABF was best paid job in town.
Seeing as you have only been a teamster since august I'm thinking you've paid one maybe two months dues. Don't like leave. Go back to yout skab outfit. They don't collect dues
I am more convinced that he is not a Teamster than I am that he is.

Well I guess if you hadn't been through two (or was it three? its all a blur now) givebacks under yrc (I was at Holland) then this might be the worst negotiations you have seen. It's getting to where this is just normal to me. Language with holes big enough to back a set through, a hall that wont enforce what little rules are left, and a constant eroding of a persons sense of well being, self worth and pride in his daily work.
But that's no just us, it a problem in all of American labor.

I guess the next question is when the change of operations is coming in order to implement their new work rule flexibility?

I guess the next question is when the change of operations is coming in order to implement their new work rule flexibility?
If one is necessary I would expect it shortly. They may have the flexibility to make changes without a COO.

Your the one that stays employed at a carrier that's trying to extend concessions through 2020 and constantly calling it a pig. Now who's stupid?
If that came from anyone else but Rollin62 it would be funny. Aaaaa it's funny anyhow. Sorry yrc-atm, really.

Your the one that stays employed at a carrier that's trying to extend concessions through 2020 and constantly calling it a pig. Now who's stupid?

I call yrc a pig. I dont work for yrc. As for concessions, seems to me you never met one you didn't like.