TForce | New dock hires rate cut

I've been with this company over a year, I started on the dock, 3 months later got my cdl because that was my goal and i was given the opportiunity. So i put in my time and got it. In our terminal we have dock workers that been with the conpany longer than me talking how they are gettng their cdl and this and that . They already act like "super trucker" but they are stuck in the dock becouse they don't do anything about it.:dev:

My point was every position is limited to specific tasks only if your not willing to do anything else. I'm not trying to knock on drivers. I have seen dock workers do billing, make customer appointments, route freight, move trailers in the yard, do pickups and deliveries, all without a CDL.

I agree with all you said but make deliveries without CDL's. If you seen that it wasn't at Overnite or now UPSF. If you say it was then as far as I am concerned you have lost all creditability.

Skeeter said:
I agree with all you said but make deliveries without CDL's. If you seen that it wasn't at Overnite or now UPSF. If you say it was then as far as I am concerned you have lost all creditability.

No, not at Overnite. I was hired at one time by them but never worked for them. A few of the companies I've worked for in the past used Pickups and Boxtrucks to do deliveries which you don't need a CDL for.

Is UPS Freight Union?

How can they start the guys out at a lower rate if they are under the National master Freight Agreement?
Arent these guys union like UPS? Yellow Freight ,Road Way Holland,ABF,New Penn??

La8Fr8 said:
How can they start the guys out at a lower rate if they are under the National master Freight Agreement?
Arent these guys union like UPS? Yellow Freight ,Road Way Holland,ABF,New Penn??

UPS Freight is a non union company. Well, except for the recent Unionization of the Indiana terminal.