Yellow | New Equipment

I've had three new tractors in the past two weeks. Two Peterbuilts and a Volvo. All had YRC on doors and on roofs. No radios in any of them. (The Volvo did have an antenna on right mirror). No YELLOW STICKERS on any of these three tractors. All had low miles too! 7000-2000-478 The Pete SUCKED big time!!! Seat had a broken glide lock. They bent it into position so it worked somewhat. Awful pulling power! Transmission dropped down from 12th to 11th so many times that I started to think maybe that's the way it's supposed to be. It would lug in 12th then drop down then lug again then drop down etc, all night long! If they turned it up to 65mph maybe it wouldn't lug so much???
Pete's are JUNK & no room in cab and mirrors are not Iowa D.O.T. legal !!

I can not believe the new Yellow Corporation isn't using the original yellow color from the past one of the new trailers was at the terminal I seen it and thought -what the....thats orange!!

Those "new" YRC pups could be from a previous purchase still being delivered to us or else just newer trailers already in the system.
We have half a dozen brand new 53’ vans sitting down the road at the shop doing RIV inspections. 55 in total for Canuckistan all with YRC Freight decals.

We have over 100 rental trailers in our yard and dropped at customers. These new trailers are supposed to eliminate the rentals but that won’t happen. We have 30 sitting in the yard loaded for one customer waiting for appointment drops and 40 to 50 dropped at different warehouses of this customer to get unloaded. They didn’t want to spend $2000 to safety our trailers but have no problem spending $7000 a year to rent trailers. Makes perfect sense to me.

We have over 100 rental trailers in our yard and dropped at customers. These new trailers are supposed to eliminate the rentals but that won’t happen. We have 30 sitting in the yard loaded for one customer waiting for appointment drops and 40 to 50 dropped at different warehouses of this customer to get unloaded. They didn’t want to spend $2000 to safety our trailers but have no problem spending $7000 a year to rent trailers. Makes perfect sense to me.
God I would hope all those trailers you speak of aren’t loaded with Amazon’s cheap freight?

God I would hope all those trailers you speak of aren’t loaded with Amazon’s cheap freight?
Of course they are. They will continue to haul loser freight due to the fact that they have to keep cash moving. It doesn’t matter if they post a loss, they’ve been doing that for years with no consequences.

Welcome to the "different pocket " club, rentals don't get charged to maintenance but repairs do.
When the powers above say your costs are too high you cut the costs in your department.....................

We have half a dozen brand new 53’ vans sitting down the road at the shop doing RIV inspections. 55 in total for Canuckistan all with YRC Freight decals.
And when those brand new 53' vans end up at a small end of line terminal you will never see them in the system again those will become their P&D trailers.

Welcome to the "different pocket " club, rentals don't get charged to maintenance but repairs do.
When the powers above say your costs are too high you cut the costs in your department.....................
Truck loads don't count as load average but if you put a 40,000 pound truckload at the dock and add another shipment, it's no longer a truckload. it's now a 2 biller LTL.