Yellow | new mack cabover road tractors?

is that a penske sticker above the set of numbers on the sleeper, i was wondering about holland starting to lease new tractors

is that a penske sticker above the set of numbers on the sleeper, i was wondering about holland starting to lease new tractors

It just might be. I know yrs ago when you went by Yellow's terminal in Chicago the penske yard next door had a bunch of yellow sleeper units.

What makes you think that Holland would lease tractors? They have not done it for 10 yrs that I know of. And the way they use road units on the road then in the city every day would not make sense to lease to me.

Here at RNE (Sparks, NV) we do a lot of convention/tradeshow work. The Yellow exhibition service trailers are owned by that part of Yellow and when not in use in that work they are used in P&D operations at no charge to RNE, or so I'm told. I find it interesting to work trade shows, I've meet some very interesting people and seen some pretty interesting stuff.

Jimmy B

I'm not sure about this, but I've noticed every sleeper that runs into our terminal has been either a Penske or Ryder lease truck/tractor. I think they are leased on a 3 year cycle from what I've been told and also what I've noticed.

At RNE we get teams in from Chicago, Kansas City, Dallas, Albuquerque and Salt Lake City.

Jimmy B

Remember that series of Brigadiers from about the unit numbers were from I believe 1950 to somewhere around 1959 or 1960 were the usual brig piece of junk but would run like hell we had one driver clocked at 75 between Grants and Gallup.

yo ww.....

1950 to 1975 had detroit v6-92tta motors in them as demo trucks....

back then you could pull down the visor and see how bad your day was going to be....

i pulled down the visor on 1957 and in big huge magic marker letters it said 'HANG ON'....

truck did a steady 72mph according to my watch and ny state thruway milesticks....

too fast for me, i like a steady 61 or 62 so i can paint my toenails while i drive and not make a mess....

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Back in the late 70"s i was driving a "74" GMC astro daycab 318 Detroit 13 over tandem axle,ran like h-ll rode like s-it, also early 80"s drove a Ford louiville tandem axle had a Detroit with a Allison that sucker was FAST, man those were the good ole day's.:3dflagsdotcom_usa_2

GMC Cabover

I remember the old GMC "Crackerjack Boxes" . Man, did they ever ride rough. I remember driving gravel trains for my uncle in one of those. It had a 425 Caterpillar with an 18 speed in it.

While I do not get to the Mack Macungie Pa plant every day I am there at least once a week and have not seen anything close to being a cabover, Much less in white with a YRC logo on the door. I keep looking though, Would love to see the Co. get 1000 or so Vision single/double axles!!! This from a Man who peddles with a CH600 and LOVES IT!!!

While I do not get to the Mack Macungie Pa plant every day I am there at least once a week and have not seen anything close to being a cabover, Much less in white with a YRC logo on the door. I keep looking though, Would love to see the Co. get 1000 or so Vision single/double axles!!! This from a Man who peddles with a CH600 and LOVES IT!!!
Maybe this is the tractor he saw...
TNT Sells India Road Operations | Journal of Commerce

Macks cost too much. YRC is looking at something for a little less money. New Ford class 8's
Thorcodualmotor_00_resized.jpg

I spotted a new 2007 Argosy at work today, but had to wait until my last break to take a walk-around series. The Mack cabovers you spotted were really Freightliner Argosies. Think they are rostered at Salt Lake City only.

YFS37576_11-20-06_01.jpg

YFS37576_11-20-06_02.jpg

For a photo of a new Yellow Transportation 2007 Argosy hooked to a set go here:

YELLOW Argosy/doubles

Jimmy B

Ok youz guys, take a real good look at these tractors, if the company is still around in 25-30 years they should start filtering down for your pedal runs!
Look at it this way, you'll only have to fuel every 6 monthes!

Looks like something out of buck rogers!

You can't mean "Buck Rogers in the 25th Century" right?

Probably have to roll the window down because of no inside door handles either.

I love the gun barrel port infront of the co-driver to take care of the revenuers!