ABF | New Manager For Rochester NY

Just wait until you guys get the FLASH team in at your new facility in SLC. I'm in KCI/003. So about FLASH... They are going to throw the ABF policy book at you and do their damnest to make it miserable for you if you push back. I didn't trust management much beforehand but I definitely don't trust the Mofo's on the implementation team.

We used to enjoy the freedom to have radios or music and even ear buds on the dock. That's gone. They used to "look the other way" if your cell phone was out but now the only acceptable use is if you have an emergency. Then and only then you have to leave your work area to take phone calls.

Flash changes their minds weekly on how they want you to work to work MP freight because of course it's a pilot program. They assign every task to you. The tablet tells you to secure/unsecure the platforms, convey, hang chains on doors etc. They have taken the skill set out of knowing how and when to load freight. The worst part is that it feels like you never get anything done and all you do is drive around in circles with no accomplishment. You jump from task to task and cannot get into a rhythm unless you're unloading a "conventional" or a city trailer.

Morale was low before but now it's total sh*t after 18 months. We were optimistic at first with them but you could throw a 1000 good ideas at the team and not one of them clicks. They will lie and twist things to their advantage like all management.

IMG_20220414_125344.md.jpg
You said a mouthful there. Anybody that are for these things, should go to 003 and do it the ABF way. They did the same thing at Elkhart, until they listened to the people who work freight. They finally let the UE drivers load their platform, secure it, and load it on the trailer themselves, and let Elkhart worry about the DC freight.

John Wayne said it best about the Fort, you're short on ears and long on mouth. Let the music play, listen to the men that know, and it'll work

Update: My (25 year old female) manager came back to help "train" the new (23 ish male) manager.....she was there the whole week...so on Friday there are three of us in the driver room she comes over to the window and tells us it is her last day here....silence for at least a minute, we just stare at her.....then one guy says, "have fun in Rochester"... she says thanks.....lmao...more silence...I was on my best behavior.... I thought about saying, " Good Luck..................to the guys in Rochester"....but instead I just turned and walked away....
It just goes to show where we are heading when they are hiring 20ish people to run a terminal that was unheard of years ago. We have two new supervisor who are looking for greener pastures because of the TM riding them & he’s the one who trained them. If the leave they would make one sales girl transfer 3 sales people quit one supervisor quit/ retired & 2 drivers that left under his watch….Maybe it’s time for the fort to realize it’s the COACH not the team running this terminal into the ground….

To the men/women of the Rochester NY terminal you are in for a real treat....you are getting a new 25 year old manager...first the good points....she is pleasant....now the bad points...she is in over her head...if you have any problems and ask her for a resolution if she has no answer she will ignore you and walk away without saying a word and never give you an answer....she has done this to me a few times and also to others...we had a hazmat leak in a cylinder....we told her about it and shut the trailer up....she called our hazmat people...they never got back to her...she went home with the issue unresolved...until the steward got on the supervisor and he talked to the hazmat people...can't make this up...there isn't one driver that works for her that has a kind word about her...Good Luck my brothers in Rochester you will need it...
is this Kamala/Comala /Camillia Harris by chance? Did she giggle when you asked the question?