ABF | New Manager For Rochester NY

Glad to hear that your BA is on top of it and taking care of your grievances. Was progressive discipline followed on the dock hand that was fired or did the new boss just fire him. I heard that SLC was getting a new Mobile Platform dock about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Be sure and keep us posted on how well the platform dock works out. If they can ever get this system working coast to coast, it is going to be a big deal on time savings with long haul freight.
I had thought at one time the company would never be able again to compete in long haul with the non union carriers. I had my doubts about the sleds. The company put a lot on the line to incorporate them into the system.

I had thought at one time the company would never be able again to compete in long haul with the non union carriers. I had my doubts about the sleds. The company put a lot on the line to incorporate them into the system.
There should also be a decrease in claims with the mobile platforms. As an example, that 24’bundle of copper pipe that used to sit on the dock for half a day and then shoved down the wall of a pup on the floor only to be mashed by freight loaded on top of it should be a thing of the past. The platforms can be loaded and unloaded from the sides. Put up the decking shelves, load on top from the side, and it is loaded damage free. Can be unloaded the same way at the destination.

There should also be a decrease in claims with the mobile platforms. As an example, that 24’bundle of copper pipe that used to sit on the dock for half a day and then shoved down the wall of a pup on the floor only to be mashed by freight loaded on top of it should be a thing of the past. The platforms can be loaded and unloaded from the sides. Put up the decking shelves, load on top from the side, and it is loaded damage free. Can be unloaded the same way at the destination.
Sounds like the platforms are in a sense a small scale version of what Malcolm McLean developed decades ago. Think about it.

Sounds like the platforms are in a sense a small scale version of what Malcolm McLean developed decades ago. Think about it.

0B4E78F6-F1FC-48F6-B448-02BFA22915D5.md.jpg

79EFE6EA-AEF0-4884-B268-4A51785E646D.md.jpg

This is what they look like. 26’ long and just over 7’ wide. Decking shelves (up to three) with 4,000-lb. capacity can be added to avoid double stacking. They weigh a little over 5,000-lbs. apiece. Load locks help hold everything in place during transit.

0B4E78F6-F1FC-48F6-B448-02BFA22915D5.md.jpg

79EFE6EA-AEF0-4884-B268-4A51785E646D.md.jpg

This is what they look like. 26’ long and just over 7’ wide. Decking shelves (up to three) with 4,000-lb. capacity can be added to avoid double stacking. They weigh a little over 5,000-lbs. apiece. Load locks help hold everything in place during transit.
That's some good looking freight, staged photo? CF freight became crushed as soon as it was picked up from the shipper. :438:

D8868E64-DA2B-4588-AD61-B19730E099C2.md.png

These sleds are a fascinating concept. It's good to see the company trying to innovate. I hope it works out.
I remember when U-Pack first started, we all thought that the company was absolutely NUT's.
They obviously proved us wrong and made a success story out of it. I wouldn't be surprised
if they do the same thing with these sleds. They'll have some bumps in the road, but they'll figure it out and make it work. In my opinion ABF only survived as a union carrier is because they diversified and did creative things that nobody else did,

This is one of the shelves that can be used to prevent double stacking freight or to load things like copper tubing up high and out of the way to prevent damage. A mobile platform can hold three of these shelves and they are rated at 4000-lbs. capacity each.

D5E6692B-EDED-443E-AB6A-A665DF0FA6DE.md.jpg

Come over to a company that has breaks building breakers for breaks. Talk about breakage. Wtf