TForce | new message dvd

I didn't see any rules against camaras nightprowler?

Overnite is always harping about all the money they waste every year on claims.
Lost freight mostly because skids are broken down to cube out the outbond pups.

Or someone picks up an uncountable shrink wrap skid at the origin,and signs for pieces.
Thats a few reasons for shortages.

But damages are a whole different ball game.

If our company invested in ratchet straps for the E-track pups insted of load bars,that would hold the skids to the sides.

Every pup trailer is like a diving board,the axle is close to the back,and there so short theres no flex.

A few pot holes,or driving over a curb,along the many mile ride from origin to desination,sometimes it doesn't take much.

If it isn't tied down,than all it takes is one hole to open up,and everything falls.

But as far as my camara, I take pictures of my route trailer when something falls,to show my TM so it can be prevented the next time.

Pictures are worth more than words.
Words about anything can be easily forgotten but pictures will remain forever.

So are you kidding us,or is this just one more UPS rule we may have missed?

A New England Motor Freight driver told me his company supplies every driver with a disposable camara in case they have an accident,with their equipment,or haz-mat,or someother trouble with their loads.

He says his company incourages them to take all the pictures they can to leave nothing open for question.

I find it hard to believe that any company wouldn't want us to help them out by taking photos,of any difficulty we encounter during the course of our work day?

Apostolic said:
Overnite is always harping about all the money they waste every year on claims.
Lost freight mostly because skids are broken down to cube out the outbond pups.

Or someone picks up an uncountable shrink wrap skid at the origin,and signs for pieces.
Thats a few reasons for shortages.

But damages are a whole different ball game.

If our company invested in ratchet straps for the E-track pups insted of load bars,that would hold the skids to the sides.

Every pup trailer is like a diving board,the axle is close to the back,and there so short theres no flex.

A few pot holes,or driving over a curb,along the many mile ride from origin to desination,sometimes it doesn't take much.

If it isn't tied down,than all it takes is one hole to open up,and everything falls.

But as far as my camara, I take pictures of my route trailer when something falls,to show my TM so it can be prevented the next time.

Pictures are worth more than words.
Words about anything can be easily forgotten but pictures will remain forever.

So are you kidding us,or is this just one more UPS rule we may have missed?

A New England Motor Freight driver told me his company supplies every driver with a disposable camara in case they have an accident,with their equipment,or haz-mat,or someother trouble with their loads.

He says his company incourages them to take all the pictures they can to leave nothing open for question.

I find it hard to believe that any company wouldn't want us to help them out by taking photos,of any difficulty we encounter during the course of our work day?

I have used my cell phone camera to show the TM damaged freight. Still no answers other than we will look into it. What a sad joke!!

I'm starting a damage photo album..

I give my TM the first heads up,to get down on our material handling technicians(Dock workers)
Than I'm saving the other set for the quarterly meetings when the big bosses start getting after us,crying about all the money their wasting for claims.

It will be worth the money for printing two sets of pictures,to watch their mouths drop open,and hear them back peddle.

Oh my who says driving truck isn't a lot of fun?

Only thing is who do you think will get the last laugh?

Maybe my TM will be sending some fingure print specials my way?

Time wil tell.

Apostolic,

Throw away cameras in every power unit at the Big R as well. They may be ab;e to change your words, but they can't change a picture. Cover Your Back at all times.

well that didn't take long.some good pictures.

One of the route trailer loaders to save a few seconds,or who knows why I'm not a mind reader?
Caused me over an hour to re-coup a fallen skid of lamp oil for Lowes.

I took some shots of it tipped into a 100 lb. box of wicker furniture.
Than I re-loaded it on an empty skid.
Taking pictures of the bottom 3 boxes crushed,and leaking on my trailer floor.
When I leave the terminal I take 2,or 3 empty skids to use to secure high skids,or whatever.
They usualy come in handing during the day.

I went to Lowes,and their receiver helped me make one bad case out of the three,than tossed it in their dumpster.
I called in the claim it was under $30.00.

But it gave me enough to do so I was behind the rest of the day on the rest of my route.

I stopped on my way home to get prints made.

Than showed them to my TM this morning.
He looked them over and said he'd have a meeting with the dock crew.

Well I decided that seeing I'm an Apostolic Pentecostal Christian,that I wouldn't go behind his back with the photo album idea.

When he heard my idea he went off like a roman candle.

He about ran out the door to the dock,and showed them my photos, screeming about it better not ever happen again.

Than he was very angry about everything and at everybody after that,untill I left for my route.

Gee wiz I guess my album idea is a no go.

Also the dock crew and I aren't a team to help one another on our jobs like I'd hoped.

We are now enemies,and I have an invisable target on my back.

Hope they don't try to pay me back by messing up my loads,or I'll have to take some more pictures.

So where are we with the claim prevention issue?

NOWHERE thats where.
It was worth a try.

wassesname said:
I take photos for training purposes only, not to screw my co-workers.
Not to screw my coworkers....excellent point Wassesname.

Apostolic,
Remember the immortal words I posted in Post 162....Cover your Back. Never try to use pictures that will make a coworker look bad to the boss. Not only will it give you the title of being a rat or a brown nose, but if they are in a postion to screw with you and make your job harder, that is exactly what will happen.

Apostolic said:
So where are we with the claim prevention issue?

NOWHERE thats where.
It was worth a try.

Speaking of claims, I was backed into a stop the other day and there was a UPSF guy backed in next to me. He had a pallet of some kind of metal racking uprights on his trailer and some were damaged. The driver was asking the receiver what the value of the parts was so I asked the guy what that was all about.
I was told that they now have to put the value of the damaged item on the DR as a claims prevention measure. Is anyone else doing this?

we are discussing damages on the dvd thread. lets start a damage prevention thread and kick arround some ideas that might help reduce it.

wassesname said:
lets start a damage prevention thread and kick arround some ideas that might help reduce it.

Don't take this personal but ... Why would I worry about reducing claims and saving the company money when the tracor they give me is repaired with rubber bands and chewing gum .

I think I'll let Leo and his buddys work on the claims !!!!

I'm not really a negative person . I will give 100% as long as our company does the same . If UPS makes improvments then I'm sure the guys will have no problem giving that extra effort .

Now theres a good attitude.

Claims are a big minus to the LTL trucking industry.
It is far better for any company that everyone works together to get the freight from origin to desination in the same condition that it was when it started its journey.

Think this way the money saved on claims could go for better equipment,maybe highier wages and better benefits.

Also any company that can deliver claim free freight will gain most of the freight to haul.

All around its in all of our best interests to work hard to not only reduce damages,and shortages,but to iliminate them.

What do you think about that?

big o brown said:
Don't take this personal but ... Why would I worry about reducing claims and saving the company money when the tracor they give me is repaired with rubber bands and chewing gum .

I think I'll let Leo and his buddys work on the claims !!!!
Rubber bands? Chewing gum? We are still waiting for our yearly supply from Richmond. I hear the duck tape is on back order!! Remember the fish rots from the head.

Give me a break hugnlug.Why so negative?

Are you in good health?
Do you have people close to you that love you?

Don't you have a full time job,thats not that far off from teamsters pay?

If you have all these things going for you,your perspective should be a whole lot more toward the positive side.

Maybe just my opinion?

But in the book I read daily, its far better to be thankful for what you have, than to be in dispare over what you don't have.
Hope this helps you hugnlug.

That was the first sin.
Adam,and Eve had all but one thing.
The Devil had them focus on the one thing God withheld from them for their own good.
They fell for his lie,and both were tossed out of paradice.

Apostolic said:
Are you in good health?
Do you have people close to you that love you?

Don't you have a full time job,thats not that far off from teamsters pay?

If you have all these things going for you,your perspective should be a whole lot more toward the positive side.

Maybe just my opinion?

But in the book I read daily, its far better to be thankful for what you have, than to be in dispare over what you don't have.
Hope this helps you hugnlug.

That was the first sin.
Adam,and Eve had all but one thing.
The Devil had them focus on the one thing God withheld from them for their own good.
They fell for his lie,and both were tossed out of paradice.
Apostolic, I am in excellent mental, physical and spiritual health. Also I am respected and even loved by my family and community. And believe it or not, I am a very humble, content individual. What I am also is a person who stands up to what I believe in. And will always speak of truth's without fear of recoarse. Thank you for your concern.

hugnlug said:
Rubber bands? Chewing gum? We are still waiting for our yearly supply from Richmond. I hear the duck tape is on back order!! Remember the fish rots from the head.

Don't forget that now they have that new clear Duct tape. Cuts down on repainting costs in the high dollar auto body world....

hugnlug said:
Apostolic, I am in excellent mental, physical and spiritual health. Also I am respected and even loved by my family and community. And believe it or not, I am a very humble, content individual. What I am also is a person who stands up to what I believe in. And will always speak of truth's without fear of recoarse. Thank you for your concern.

Well said hugnlug :1036316054: