R&L | New team

C_xvi

TB Lurker
Credits
Wife and I start orientation Monday, can't wait to see how things go. Kinda seems like these forums are dead. But hey anyone whose still here.

Wastebook can get you fired, Truckingboards is safe unless you use your name
I mean...it'll get you fired if you're stupid and don't watch what you say. But it's 2021. If you don't understand that your job can watch you on the internet then you have no business being on it haha

I mean...it'll get you fired if you're stupid and don't watch what you say. But it's 2021. If you don't understand that your job can watch you on the internet then you have no business being on it haha
You can get fired for anything on wastebook, a comment someone took the wrong way, a picture that is political ... Your name is right there for the world to see. When I started this site in 1999 people were so paranoid about everything about posting on the internet, Hell they even thought I was an agent to turn employees in :17142:, Now people will put their name on everything thats on their mind and post their guts to Wastebook.

You can get fired for anything on wastebook, a comment someone took the wrong way, a picture that is political ... Your name is right there for the world to see. When I started this site in 1999 people were so paranoid about everything about posting on the internet, Hell they even thought I was an agent to turn employees in :17142:, Now people will put their name on everything thats on their mind and post their guts to Wastebook.
Well that's on them lol most people are smart enough to watch what they post. I enjoy the forums because it seems easier to get more info on them. Usually on FB you just get smart asses. Which I'm cool with being a smart ass. But when someone's legit trying to learn something or get info it's nice not having to dig through all the BS

Well that's on them lol most people are smart enough to watch what they post. I enjoy the forums because it seems easier to get more info on them. Usually on FB you just get smart asses. Which I'm cool with being a smart ass. But when someone's legit trying to learn something or get info it's nice not having to dig through all the BS
I downloaded all my content from Wastebook the other day since I joined it in 2009 or so. They have over 8GB of data on me. Wonder who all they have sold it to over the years? I only use Wastebook for a Truckingboards page to get people off that cesspool . There is nothing that can be done there that cant be done here and we don't store your life history.

A Norwalk driver got written up because he had gotten home from work and still had an R&L shirt on. He said something to his wife about getting another beer and she said something smart back and he flipped her the bird. She snapped a pic and posted it in a private forum. Someone saw it in the group and forwarded it to corporate. Got written up for it. I know him personally and saw the write up. Don’t think it can’t happen. R&L is not the R&L it was 10-15 years ago it seems Wilmington looks at you like a replaceable item. Just watch your six. Their are A LOT of snitches.

A Norwalk driver got written up because he had gotten home from work and still had an R&L shirt on. He said something to his wife about getting another beer and she said something smart back and he flipped her the bird. She snapped a pic and posted it in a private forum. Someone saw it in the group and forwarded it to corporate. Got written up for it. I know him personally and saw the write up. Don’t think it can’t happen. R&L is not the R&L it was 10-15 years ago it seems Wilmington looks at you like a replaceable item. Just watch your six. Their are A LOT of snitches.
No company is like they were 15 years ago and they will fire you especially with a name attached.

When you got that shirt on you represent the company. Don't do anything you don't want them seeing. If you can't handle that you should probably move on.

When you got that shirt on you represent the company. Don't do anything you don't want them seeing. If you can't handle that you should probably move on.
He was in his backyard on a private group in a black shirt with green trim and R&l in letters barely visible. You’ll fit right in at R&L

FYI I did move on. Much happier. Remember, three ways to do things:

the right way

the wrong way

the R&l way

have fun with Greg K

FYI I did move on. Much happier. Remember, three ways to do things:

the right way

the wrong way

the R&l way

have fun with Greg K
I've heard that lol but I think that applies to any trucking company if we're being honest with ourselves. No company is perfect. Whether it's mega companies or Mom and pop ops. You gotta find the place you fit in and works for you. Hoping R&L is that place. If it isn't then I'll enjoy making money while I can and then move on. But majority of people I have talked to has nothing but great thing to say. And by that I mean, you make the 4th person out of 25+ people I've talked to about the company that had negative things to say. 21 positive to 4 negative. Those are pretty good odds.

You assume A LOT. I didn’t say they were a bad company. The discussion revolves around social media, Jeff was trying to give you some friendly advice. He doesn’t work for R&L. I tried to second Jeff’s opinion regarding Fakebook with a real world account. You brought the baggage along judging the company

I've heard that lol but I think that applies to any trucking company if we're being honest with ourselves. No company is perfect. Whether it's mega companies or Mom and pop ops. You gotta find the place you fit in and works for you. Hoping R&L is that place. If it isn't then I'll enjoy making money while I can and then move on. But majority of people I have talked to has nothing but great thing to say. And by that I mean, you make the 4th person out of 25+ people I've talked to about the company that had negative things to say. 21 positive to 4 negative. Those are pretty good odds.
1st off R&L isn’t going to put a beat down on you if you go to Facebook. That’s absurd. A driving job is a driving job. R&L is like all the rest. Ride the wave and when you’ve had enough you can gracefully bow out. I have no issues with this company. Good luck

Last edited:
By the way they have a private message option here.

Wife and I start orientation Monday, can't wait to see how things go. Kinda seems like these forums are dead. But hey anyone whose still here.
you got one answer from a non R/L DRIVER AND ONE FROM A RETIRED FEDEX DRIVER ON AN AGENDA....I'm your only hope for rational discussion yet not a word. 3 private messages and 3 on the board.