ODFL | New trucks

BillyLo

Service 2.0 OD Strong All Time Mastio Champion
Credits
Who getting new trucks?,, it been a long time since we seen new equipment. I know we said we taking a break during covid but now we are the most successful ltl in the country,, we have 2 low mileage trucks at our yard from part time pdx turn line drivers but then everything else way up in mileage.,

I have been passed on our local toll road by a shiny wheel pulling two former OD trailers that still have ID numbers on them so maybe new trailers too

From what I've heard they ordered the usual 1000 plus freightliners, but there's covid related production issues getting in the the parts to put them together. News has been talking about a computer chip shortage stalling the Auto industry. Have not heard of any being delivered anywhere yet.

From what I've heard they ordered the usual 1000 plus freightliners, but there's covid related production issues getting in the the parts to put them together. News has been talking about a computer chip shortage stalling the Auto industry. Have not heard of any being delivered anywhere yet.
That good news if the order is true driver,, these freight liners we have these days junk up real quick

D9790062-EA6C-4B63-A18C-AF4666B40614.md.jpg
These are at the Kenworth Factory in Chillicothe Ohio. Had 25 of them at the road ready facility to be delivered.
Send them this way,, gonna grab one off linehaul and use it in the big city every day!!!!

Looks like you guys are going into KW’s more :1036316054: I’ve seen a bunch lately running thru TN. better than Freightshakers and Volvos
Opinions are like buttholes RW, everybody has one.
I don't see much difference in trucks, depends on how they are speced from the factory.
I too hate Volvos and W model Fords.

Send them this way,, gonna grab one off linehaul and use it in the big city every day!!!!
My company has twin screw Pete's. Almost all the city guys say they suck in the city. Horrible turning radius. But you will be styling fighting to back up

Looks like you guys are going into KW’s more :1036316054: I’ve seen a bunch lately running thru TN. better than Freightshakers and Volvos
Opinions are like buttholes RW, everybody has one.
I don't see much difference in trucks, depends on how they are speced from the factory.
I too hate Volvos and W model Fords.

Are you guys for real? The modern Volvos are the best tractors since the old Louisville Fords - driver comfort, visibility, ergonomics, etc., all the way around.

Are you guys for real? The modern Volvos are the best tractors since the old Louisville Fords - driver comfort, visibility, ergonomics, etc., all the way around.
To be honest, the only few Volvos I've driven were the used ones we got from ABF.
I still don't like them!!!

I dunno, I liked them at one time but I like the Petercars better, they don't have the body roll the volvos do it seems to mee

I drive a Peterbilt , the only thing I don't like about it is the 12 speed transmission

I dunno, I liked them at one time but I like the Petercars better, they don't have the body roll the volvos do it seems to mee
I liked the 86 Model Freightshakers with the setback front axle like C F ran
Ours with the 3406 Cats that were turned up a little were nice.
With my run after you got around Columbia, you never touched the stick.

Oh it also has a camera on the passenger side hood mirror and when you turn on your right turn signal the eld blinds you when it's dark with the live image on the screen. When your turn signal is on they are so bright you cant see the screen anyway at night