XPO | No A/c

AC is a good and inexpensive benefit when it's 105 outside.

I remember back in like 2000 or sometime around there...CCX sent a video out for us to all absorb, digest and become stronger conway believers...yeah umm...anyways, they were talking about why CCX didnt have AC and CWX/CSE did...maybe it was a little later as i recall Dave Mc :last was the one on the tape..anyways, he blew air up our..oops, explained to us tree stumps the cost of the AC units, the maintenance, and the decreased fuel efficiency would all cut into the ICP and that is why we dont have them in CCX...i almost believed it...then i farted and reality set back in...it was like a couple years later we got AC...

If I remember correctly back when I worked for CF all the trucks came with little birds on the dash that chirped (cheap, cheap) to remind us of the quality of the truck.

don't you guys remember the good old days when at the good old CCX we did not even have power steering let alone AC? how long have all you whiners been around?

:hide: This whiner has been around long enough to remember the two story CL 9000's that HAD a/c but no power steering. :smilie_132:

Here's a funny for ya. One hot humid day at XAC, I was going to get my truck when I found Jeff T's Taurus wagon parked in the garage with the motor running, the doors and windows closed and the a/c on. Somehow this didn't seem right. Against company policy to leave a motor idle. So to teach him a lesson I opened the door turned the temp to hot and the selector switch to heat. I shut the door and left for the city. He later said when he got in the car the plastic was ready to melt. That was one of the few good moments of working for Jeff T.

:hide: Ok loser, ( yes, you are still one of the losers ) think about all of the other wonderful people you worked with! I know that you miss them! Get your a** home! longtimeltl :smilie_132:

I had my A/C go out and, being in west texas, I told my DM that I wasn't moving that truck another foot unless the problem was fixed. I was told to call road services and told them the situation and that the temp was in the 80 at night and no breeze to even clear bad air out of the cab. Needless to say, if they wanted that load delivered, they were going to get it fixed, and they did. Sometimes you just have to stand your ground and tell them they are going to fix it because it could cause health problems. Sweating at night and the loss of liquids whne you are asleep can cause severe dehydration and other problems....companies don't like to face future medical charges, it's usually cheaper to fix the problem.

I had my A/C go out and, being in west texas, I told my DM that I wasn't moving that truck another foot unless the problem was fixed. I was told to call road services and told them the situation and that the temp was in the 80 at night and no breeze to even clear bad air out of the cab. Needless to say, if they wanted that load delivered, they were going to get it fixed, and they did. Sometimes you just have to stand your ground and tell them they are going to fix it because it could cause health problems. Sweating at night and the loss of liquids whne you are asleep can cause severe dehydration and other problems....companies don't like to face future medical charges, it's usually cheaper to fix the problem.

Situations are completely different and not comparable...sleeping in a sleeper, is way different then driving hot until you get back to the terminal either that day or that night...

Actually, the only difference in that respect between the 2005 Sterling (432-5590)i was driving before i got hurt, and the 1994 Ford L9000 I first drove (432-4392) was the dash mounted fan on the Ford...actually, that was the only difference between the 2005 and the 1999, and the 2001 trucks I drove over the years...i did miss those old Fords...they either ran good or they didnt...there was no in between, or one day they run good the next they dont (and wont until one of the loser "mechanics" (who lied on his application about being a mechanic) changes a sensor at the next PM (providing he feels up to, finds it, and/or has the part)...

hey thanks i feel the love!

Wow a wrench bender on the boards. I thought this was for whinning drivers only. Welcome Brad. Love to hear some of your stories.

We have got some real good mechanics around here. They do a great job given the tremendous workload they face everyday.Kinda sounds like some drivers too. Everybody keep up the good work and don't let the bastards grind you down.:1036316054: