FedEx Freight | No changes coming

looks like after years of rumors ,GSP will become a break bulk by september .this will lighten the load on CLT which has problems handling all the freight that comes through.Might be time for CLT to pull an ALT and open a city only terminal,hell southeastern does that in CLT.

looks like after years of rumors ,GSP will become a break bulk by september .this will lighten the load on CLT which has problems handling all the freight that comes through.Might be time for CLT to pull an ALT and open a city only terminal,hell southeastern does that in CLT.
GSP definitely has the extra yard and dock space to expand their operations....since the additions were done for the Adidas acct that fell through.

Hmmm...

Wonder how that news will play with the workforce at GSP, being at a far less than average pay scale, AND a break too!

Might be interesting...

Had a meeting yesterday with Dale Davis he told us no changes other than normal raise in October.

I don't believe this...at all. My crystal ball says medical insurance will go way..way..up! If I'm wrong I'll eat my words, but I doubt it will stay the same. Maybe the cost of the premiums will be the same..but something in the medical insurance for 2016 will eat the raises..plus some.

: )

Hmmm...

Wonder how that news will play with the workforce at GSP, being at a far less than average pay scale, AND a break too!

Might be interesting...
Let's not put the cart before the horse, a new facility was just built in HKY (which is closer to CLT than GSP) and with the added dock space, added yard space, their close proximity to I-40/I-77, and the fact that they DID receive the GPD bump, it's quite possible that they could take some of the hub freight/pressure off of CLT.
And let's not forget that GBO received a new bigger facility (and they're about the same distance away as GSP) just a few years ago, they received the GPD bump, and they're already a mini-break, I'm sure they could handle the added work load.

GSP isn't the only viable option.

I don't believe this...at all. My crystal ball says medical insurance will go way..way..up! If I'm wrong I'll eat my words, but I doubt it will stay the same. Maybe the cost of the premiums will be the same..but something in the medical insurance for 2016 will eat the raises..plus some.

: )

Lol I meant changes for the better.

Let's not put the cart before the horse, a new facility was just built in HKY (which is closer to CLT than GSP) and with the added dock space, added yard space, their close proximity to I-40/I-77, and the fact that they DID receive the GPD bump, it's quite possible that they could take some of the hub freight/pressure off of CLT.
And let's not forget that GBO received a new bigger facility (and they're about the same distance away as GSP) just a few years ago, they received the GPD bump, and they're already a mini-break, I'm sure they could handle the added work load.

GSP isn't the only viable option.
Hey, I was just wondering out loud... A casual observer, reacting to "news"

Why do I always have to be the one stating the obvious? There are clear definable issues, and there are clear definable solutions.

Cheech said, this is going to happen by September. There are a number of things that "should" be able to happen by September. We're "told" GPD assessments are on-going. Perhaps the solution to the above quandary could happen as well. :idunno:

Apparently, you disagree? And you say the nod instead goes to Hickory and/or GBO? OK...

The issues and solutions seem to remain.

Last edited:

Why do I always have to be the one stating the obvious? There are clear definable issues, and there are clear definable solutions.

Cheech said, this is going to happen by September. There are a number of things that "should" be able to happen by September. We're "told" GPD assessments are on-going. Perhaps the solution to the above quandary could happen as well. :idunno:

Apparently, you disagree? And you say the nod instead goes to Hickory and/or GBO? OK...

It's sad he doesn't believe anything that doesn't fit his agenda. He is a puppet on a string.

Sorry you took my response personal as it wasn't directed toward you....I too was just thinking out loud...pointing out there are a number of ways the company could go IF they wanted to relieve the pressure put on our hub.

Not sure where Cheech keeps his crystal ball, perhaps he can provide us with some winning lottery numbers too!