FedEx Freight | No changes coming

Had another meeting today explaining changes for the better IMO to the safety policies...had other meetings earlier explaining the changes to the vacation/personal day/tardy policies, all better IMO...more changes for the better will be coming soon....patience grasshopper, Rome wasn't built in a day!

Fixing their own stupid policies. Last two helped the screw ups about it. Still not one change to our benefits package.

Certainly the driving infraction policy changes are a welcome change. Much more fair. As well as the options in case of short term disqualification. 2 thumbs up on that. :clapping: :1036316054::1036316054::clapping:

Certainly the driving infraction policy changes are a welcome change. Much more fair. As well as the options in case of short term disqualification. 2 thumbs up on that. :clapping: :1036316054::1036316054::clapping:
I agree.....although many see our safety policies changed to mimic those of the FMCSA as a plus, some see it as a way to make it almost impossible to get rid of bad drivers. The saying used to be "if you give them enough rope....", now they've been given almost an endless supply of rope!

I agree.....although many see our safety policies changed to mimic those of the FMCSA as a plus, some see it as a way to make it almost impossible to get rid of bad drivers. The saying used to be "if you give them enough rope....", now they've been given almost an endless supply of rope!

I didn't hear anything about changing the number of accidents per year that lead to dismissal. It seems that remains intact.

There are infractions that can disqualify one for 60 days that are not really signs of a bad TRUCK driver. 1st offence RR crossing infractions are a 60 day DQ, as is two 15 over tickets (even in personal vehicle/motorcycle) in a 3 yr period. Not necessarily an indicator of a dangerous truck driver, IMHO.

Last edited: