FedEx Freight | No changes coming

Not sure where Cheech keeps his crystal ball, perhaps he can provide us with some winning lottery numbers too!

Not sure this one requires a crystal ball. This topic has been hinted about, in certain circles, for some time. Most have been sworn to secrecy about it. It is out there now, and subject to comment.

Let's not put the cart before the horse, a new facility was just built in HKY (which is closer to CLT than GSP) and with the added dock space, added yard space, their close proximity to I-40/I-77, and the fact that they DID receive the GPD bump, it's quite possible that they could take some of the hub freight/pressure off of CLT.
And let's not forget that GBO received a new bigger facility (and they're about the same distance away as GSP) just a few years ago, they received the GPD bump, and they're already a mini-break, I'm sure they could handle the added work load.

GSP isn't the only viable option.
nope, hickory freight will also go to GSP.

looks like after years of rumors ,GSP will become a break bulk by september .this will lighten the load on CLT which has problems handling all the freight that comes through.Might be time for CLT to pull an ALT and open a city only terminal,hell southeastern does that in CLT.

I " heard " they already had some land in Rock Hill SC scoped out for a new city only terminal.

nope, hickory freight will also go to GSP.
let me reply to myself,don't forget to mention GSP still has to build a maintenance shop. this is another factor on when
gsp goes break-bulk.
These are nothing more than rumors started by the pro-union guys, I was just going along for entertainment purposes only.
I " heard " they already had some land in Rock Hill SC scoped out for a new city only terminal.
This also is another rumor started by the pro-union guys, seems they'll pull out all the stops when desperation sets in.

Then ignore me, but you were still giving a pretty good description of yourself. You don't believe anything that doesn't fit your agenda.

Wrong you haven't a clue. I don't care if we have union or not if fed ex would give us a competitive benefits package along with a set in stone rule book I would be happy as a clam. So no I do not have an agenda can't say the same about you and people like Red.

Wrong you haven't a clue. I don't care if we have union or not if fed ex would give us a competitive benefits package along with a set in stone rule book I would be happy as a clam. So no I do not have an agenda can't say the same about you and people like Red.

I have a "clue" from reading your rambling for several months, you can't stand to hear from anyone who doesn't believe what you do.

I have a "clue" from reading your rambling for several months, you can't stand to hear from anyone who doesn't believe what you do.

No you really don't. You skiped my point and replied trying to bicker with me like usual. In normal fasion you don't want to debate you want to argue. There is no reason to debate you anyways you post nothing but your personel opinions with no facts to back up your argument.

No you really don't. You skiped my point and replied trying to bicker with me like usual. In normal fasion you don't want to debate you want to argue. There is no reason to debate you anyways you post nothing but your personel opinions with no facts to back up your argument.

I didn't skip anything, I'm ready and willing to debate you anytime, you're incapable of an intelligent debate.

These are nothing more than rumors started by the pro-union guys, I was just going along for entertainment purposes only.

This also is another rumor started by the pro-union guys, seems they'll pull out all the stops when desperation sets in.

Rumors? Started by Pro Union? Huh? The rumors seem to come from multiple sources... Other than that I have little to add, other than:

We will find out soon enough...

i hope your pro union thing is a joke.i have not started anything as a rumor,it was not followed up with some sort of conspiracy theory.I haven't heard anyone think it is.it seems simple clt can't handle what they have,and need help.too much freight not enough dock and property to expand.

So much for the full drop and hook pay for a VIA. Now there are multiple combinations of how you get paid and you will now have to jump through hoops for that full drop and hook! That lasted a whopping 4 days. CGT was promised that those guys running to the rail yard could fill out a form instead of calling dispatch so they could paid for all their time, that also lasted a few days and POW right back to the way it was... But hey, they got the "no" vote from you! Suprised anyone?

So much for the full drop and hook pay for a VIA. Now there are multiple combinations of how you get paid and you will now have to jump through hoops for that full drop and hook! That lasted a whopping 4 days. CGT was promised that those guys running to the rail yard could fill out a form instead of calling dispatch so they could paid for all their time, that also lasted a few days and POW right back to the way it was... But hey, they got the "no" vote from you! Suprised anyone?
Hoot no big deal the No voters can walk right in and take care of this.
Red,Tractor and Ex are all expert negotiators