ABF | Not So Quick

nightowl

TB Veteran
PREMIUM
Credits
No8tL5z.jpg

I came across this memo....

good news for now will see if the union can make it stick
The only way it sticks is if there is a job action by the employees. Like a slow down or anything that will effect their revenue stream without being fired. Anything less sends a weak message saying we like inward facing cameras. The last 4 years I was @ ABF I used my own personal DOD 460 dash cam to protect me. My stewards, management, & the hall had no objection. von.

Its going to happen. They can already track us in real time through our ELD. The argument that wins Union Support is how these cameras are activated and cannot begin recording just because.. The technology doesnt provide for recording run from log in to log out, or 10 constant hours. The fact no audio will also sell this.. I was also told 19 and newer tractors, That is where i see an issue, just as in 65mph trucks, If 1 is supplied, they must all have equal conditions.. I hop they argue this.. That memo pattycakes this, a no agreement was time for Union to research the technology.

Its going to happen. They can already track us in real time through our ELD. The argument that wins Union Support is how these cameras are activated and cannot begin recording just because.. The technology doesnt provide for recording run from log in to log out, or 10 constant hours. The fact no audio will also sell this.. I was also told 19 and newer tractors, That is where i see an issue, just as in 65mph trucks, If 1 is supplied, they must all have equal conditions.. I hop they argue this.. That memo pattycakes this, a no agreement was time for Union to research the technology.
Ever not side with the company?

What i read was with a password they can turn on camera and watch you anytime they want. It records always but only saves during events .How you think it got the minute before your accident. It can't go back in time it was already recorded. They will say only one person has the password but you know it can easily be passed around. Then you got office girls watching drivers when they bored

Samsara AI Dash Cams analyze the road and driver behavior in real-time. By sending instant alerts to drivers and actionable insights to managers, these intelligent cameras are proven to improve driver safety and lower fleet costs says the camera gives driver voice commands and training while driving so you have a wife in truck nagging you all day

Ever not side with the company?
I do much of the time. I am not siding with, just telling you what I know from people that are there, not hearsay or B.S. Get hot about, or wait and see. This is going to happen. I think you can agree that We or our Union agrees to every demand. Its called :shit:ty Representation. I am not happy about cameras, also feel violated, but I know nothing can or will be done. Unless we had different leadership.

What i read was with a password they can turn on camera and watch you anytime they want. It records always but only saves during events .How you think it got the minute before your accident. It can't go back in time it was already recorded. They will say only one person has the password but you know it can easily be passed around. Then you got office girls watching drivers when they bored
This is accurate and what was pimped by Company. Written agreement regarding discipline, etc is what company is pushing.

I do much of the time. I am not siding with, just telling you what I know from people that are there, not hearsay or B.S. Get hot about, or wait and see. This is going to happen. I think you can agree that We or our Union agrees to every demand. Its called :shit:ty Representation. I am not happy about cameras, also feel violated, but I know nothing can or will be done. Unless we had different leadership.
Camera’s are in at my terminal, did it over the weekend. For now there is a yellow piece of tape on one inward part. I hope the union stands it’s ground on this issue....

Still any belief that this wont happen? Its here. and I know that these trucks are checked and noted by fuelers, etc regarding the condition of cameras. Anything out of line, they will go back to previous driver.. So write up VCR, keep copy, take photo, etc to cover your butts.

Cameras are everywhere. There is hours and hours of video surveillance on all of us that we don't even realize in the belly of the beast. Countless hours of recorded audio off cell networks. Good to see that the Union is working to get language regarding the onboard cameras, but if you think your privacy is not invaded every day your a little naive....the eye of the beast roams the earth....eyes of the Lord canvass the Universe...it's not paranoia....if they're really watching you. Now don't you all feel better

Still any belief that this wont happen? Its here. and I know that these trucks are checked and noted by fuelers, etc regarding the condition of cameras. Anything out of line, they will go back to previous driver.. So write up VCR, keep copy, take photo, etc to cover your butts.
ABF Voters vote on contracts and any of the elections. ABF drivers overwhelmingly signed petitions to stop the camera language according to my BA. Our terminal wasn’t 100% because one guy didn’t sign. We will be blocking cameras in the trucks according to our BA.

ABF Voters vote on contracts and any of the elections. ABF drivers overwhelmingly signed petitions to stop the camera language according to my BA. Our terminal wasn’t 100% because one guy didn’t sign. We will be blocking cameras in the trucks according to our BA.
Electricians tape isn’t just for electricians. I did a bang-up job on the handheld lens with some and an Exacto knife.