ABF | Not So Quick

Cameras are everywhere. There is hours and hours of video surveillance on all of us that we don't even realize in the belly of the beast. Countless hours of recorded audio off cell networks. Good to see that the Union is working to get language regarding the onboard cameras, but if you think your privacy is not invaded every day your a little naive....the eye of the beast roams the earth....eyes of the Lord canvass the Universe...it's not paranoia....if they're really watching you. Now don't you all feel better

And I will send you my worn copy of "1984" by George Orwell..........No need to give me your address,...There's someone on the Internet who will sell it to me.......

Naivity,...or deliberate subterfuge?.......All those "information disclosure" statements don't make me feel better,.......especially when I realize they can....make money off of sales of personal information.

That driver-facing camera....is directly pointed...aimed, if you will,....at ONE person,...not the "general population",...or the "general workforce"........THAT is the point where it becomes intrusive surveillance,....and your Fourth Amendment, Fifth Amendment,...and a host of other privacy laws will come into play....

Obviously, they can't record audio,...because that's a violation of Federal wiretap laws.......

And the corporate types....(..no fans of individual liberty there...)........will whine that; "they own the trucks,....They need lower insurance....they need better training..".....

In complete disregard that......YOU own your body,...and Image,....and they can OWN as many trucks as they like,....but YOU OWN the LABOR and SKILL that drives the truck.....

If you don't drive,....the truck gathers mold in the parking lot........

All the driver's license restrictions and fees,........CDL, classes, HAZ-MAT, Homeland Security fingerprints,.......are all INSURANCE COMPANY initiatives,....Their attempt to screen for a better class of drivers in the trucks they insure.
We all know that if the companies had their way,......like they did in the '80's,........they'd hire any one-armed parapelegiac with a criminal record that was still able to blow mist on a mirror and had sight in at least one eye......

Cheap standards bring Cheap people for Cheap wages........( Company Motto)......

Don't bow your head and Give Up, Brother........

And I will send you my worn copy of "1984" by George Orwell..........No need to give me your address,...There's someone on the Internet who will sell it to me.......

Naivity,...or deliberate subterfuge?.......All those "information disclosure" statements don't make me feel better,.......especially when I realize they can....make money off of sales of personal information.

That driver-facing camera....is directly pointed...aimed, if you will,....at ONE person,...not the "general population",...or the "general workforce"........THAT is the point where it becomes intrusive surveillance,....and your Fourth Amendment, Fifth Amendment,...and a host of other privacy laws will come into play....

Obviously, they can't record audio,...because that's a violation of Federal wiretap laws.......

And the corporate types....(..no fans of individual liberty there...)........will whine that; "they own the trucks,....They need lower insurance....they need better training..".....

In complete disregard that......YOU own your body,...and Image,....and they can OWN as many trucks as they like,....but YOU OWN the LABOR and SKILL that drives the truck.....

If you don't drive,....the truck gathers mold in the parking lot........

All the driver's license restrictions and fees,........CDL, classes, HAZ-MAT, Homeland Security fingerprints,.......are all INSURANCE COMPANY initiatives,....Their attempt to screen for a better class of drivers in the trucks they insure.
We all know that if the companies had their way,......like they did in the '80's,........they'd hire any one-armed parapelegiac with a criminal record that was still able to blow mist on a mirror and had sight in at least one eye......

Cheap standards bring Cheap people for Cheap wages........( Company Motto)......

Don't bow your head and Give Up, Brother........
Again, Brother Canary (caps intentional and deserved), you hit the proverbial nail on the head. Even the ‘nons’ should take heed. Sooooooo glad I’m retired.