FedEx Freight | Oct. 2 Call out

This call out day has shown me 1 thing. Everyone wants to complain about what's happening but is afraid to even miss 1 day of work to do anything about it. Everyone has some sorry reason why they can't do anything. So going forward just bend over and take what the master gives you and say thank you. A bunch of spineless babies is all we have here. Like a woman with an abusive husband, you keep going back for more.

This call out day has shown me 1 thing. Everyone wants to complain about what's happening but is afraid to even miss 1 day of work to do anything about it. Everyone has some sorry reason why they can't do anything. So going forward just bend over and take what the master gives you and say thank you. A bunch of spineless babies is all we have here. Like a woman with an abusive husband, you keep going back for more.
Totally agree. Next person calls me complaining I'm either gonna go off, or just hang up.

Later will probably do better for blood pressure.

They’re too indebted to the master. (The banks) That’s why the Teamsters push failed. They live in a house they can’t afford, drive a truck they can’t afford, pay payments on toys for the weekend. They’re living paycheck to paycheck. That’s why the word “strike” works so well in captive audience meetings.

A lot of folks here are all talk. I asked what would you pay for zero deductible insurance and all I got was resistance. I told you guys to email them yourselves and let them know you're not happy and why, and I got crickets.

I told you I'm going back and forth with the brass about purchased transportation, can you guys give me numbers to show unity and 5 or 6 of you helped me out. I tried again and said just tell me a building and give me the info, I'll keep it to myself (which I have) and still couldn't help out.

If they'll do nothing under anonymity of the Internet, they'll never do anything. I called it earlier, nobody is interested in doing anything but complaining on the Internet.

Kinda great watching the no call out call out, maybe its just a handful who don't like it here ? You know the ones, keyboard warriors trying to get everyone wound up, maybe you should go somewhere else to work since this place sucks so bad, still here ?

That's the misconception. I actually do like working here, but things can also be better.

It's not wrong to want better health coverage and a raise that attempts to keep up with inflation. It's also not wrong to ask that employees are prioritized over outside contractors.

An employers reputation reflects the quality of future employees. Do you want coworkers that see that as long term and will help the company grow and justify the high prices? Or do you want employees that are just passing through and don't care what kind of damage and chaos they create? I think the former is more profitable, even with a better a compensation package.

I called off Friday.
I called off today and calling off Tuesday.
I have the time to cover it.
Will it make a difference?
Nope.
But I’ll surely enjoy not being at work.

We have so many city/road drivers that aren’t working or working the dock/yard hostler that even if the top 10 drivers called off for city and road they will have the manpower to cover it.

Doesn’t matter at my place if any calls off , we have the same 3 kids at r place that seem to take turns calling off every week and nothing ever happens

Our terminal walked out Monday morning. Within 30 minutes, Raj and Lance showed up. We had a roundtable meeting about our demands:

1. Three jumbo hot dogs per week.
2. $100 per hour
3. Free insurance for workers and extended family.
4. 26 weeks vacation a year
5. $100k pension after 6 months full time employment.

He and Lance said they would have a counter offer and left. This morning we received the counter offer:

A zero emission purple pallet jack. @Big Dave had heard enough. He's in :1036316054:

Screenshot_20231003-130631_Google.md.jpeg