FedEx Freight | Other News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Canadians have made a conscious decision to hold down costs; one way to achieve this is by limiting the supply. The most elective way to do this is creating a wait time. The wait time can be overcome; however, Canadians choose to not spend more so it’s a by product of their healthcare.
Or...Canadian doctors decided they didn’t want to be told how much they could make and decided to move south of the border, thus creating a shortage of doctors??

Most doctors here in the US have limits on how many Medicare patients they’ll see while others refuse to see any...why, because the Govt dictates how much they can charge/earn.

Or...Canadian doctors decided they didn’t want to be told how much they could make and decided to move south of the border, thus creating a shortage of doctors??

Most doctors here in the US have limits on how many Medicare patients they’ll see while others refuse to see any...why, because the Govt dictates how much they can charge/earn.
In the 90’s, yes 60-70% of physicians were coming to America.

Currently, less than .5 percent of all working doctors head to America.

So, what is your plan boys? Sit back and watch the costs continue to skyrocket like they have now for the past 10-15 years?

I have yet to hear a viable solution.

Canadians have made a conscious decision to hold down costs; one way to achieve this is by limiting the supply. The most elective way to do this is creating a wait time. The wait time can be overcome; however, Canadians choose to not spend more so it’s a by product of their healthcare.
Next time you are really sick or have a serious health situation like cancer let me know how you like waiting an eternity for a doctors care.

Next time you are really sick or have a serious health situation like cancer let me know how you like waiting an eternity for a doctors care.
I’m not sure if the is a pro or anti post.

I’ve watched it happen. Serious motorcycle accident. Took forever to get doctor appointments, surgery, and therapy scheduled. Oh yeah, it also put the person in bankruptcy and they had good insurance.

We are all one bad accident from bankruptcy. Isn’t that lovely.

My gosh George maybe you should move to Canada you speak so highly of it.

Limiting supply? To lower costs? Certainly you're not serious. THAT never works, in that order. Price control, on the other hand, does limit supply. Every time it's tried.
:6792:

So, what is your plan boys? Sit back and watch the costs continue to skyrocket like they have now for the past 10-15 years?

I have yet to hear a viable solution.
Hey George, instead of looking to Government for your healthcare needs, by forcing everyone else into such an option, perhaps you might be better severed by getting Government out of healthcare, as much as possible.

Regulations drive prices higher, as does litigation.

Politicians lie because they want the power that comes with controlling 1/6 of the economy. DO I need to remind you of the lies? Keep your Doc, plan, etc? Ha!

Insurance companies are regulated, and despite what you have been told, their profits are limited by the regulations to a relatively small percentage.

Healthcare is NOT a right. It's a personal responsibility. Your actual rights don't require anyone to do anything for you. Not so with healthcare. You'll require others to work for your benefit while you require still others to pay.

Perhaps if we let the market dictate things, rather than Government, then I could by a policy that doesn't cover pregnancy, Drug Rehab, or so called children up to 26 years of age. That alone would lower my cost, since I don't want or need such coverage.

Enough keystrokes spent, and we haven't even gotten into the viability of healthcare Co-ops. But that too would require personal responsibility (paying one's own way). Imagine that.

U.S. DEPARTMENT OF LABOR ISSUES FINAL OVERTIME RULE

On September 24, 2019, the U.S. Department of Labor announced a final rule to make 1.3 million American workers newly eligible for overtime pay.

https://www.dol.gov/newsroom/releases/whd/whd20190924

In the final rule, the Department is:

• raising the “standard salary level” from the currently enforced level of $455 per week to $684 per week (equivalent to $35,568 per year for a full-year worker);
    • raising the total annual compensation requirement for “highly compensated employees” from the currently enforced level of $100,000 per year to $107,432 per year;
    • allowing employers to use nondiscretionary bonuses and incentive payments (including commissions) paid at least annually to satisfy up to 10% of the standard salary level, in recognition of evolving pay practices; and
    • revising the special salary levels for workers in U.S. territories and the motion picture industry.

U.S. DEPARTMENT OF LABOR ISSUES FINAL OVERTIME RULE

On September 24, 2019, the U.S. Department of Labor announced a final rule to make 1.3 million American workers newly eligible for overtime pay.

https://www.dol.gov/newsroom/releases/whd/whd20190924

In the final rule, the Department is:

• raising the “standard salary level” from the currently enforced level of $455 per week to $684 per week (equivalent to $35,568 per year for a full-year worker);
    • raising the total annual compensation requirement for “highly compensated employees” from the currently enforced level of $100,000 per year to $107,432 per year;
    • allowing employers to use nondiscretionary bonuses and incentive payments (including commissions) paid at least annually to satisfy up to 10% of the standard salary level, in recognition of evolving pay practices; and
    • revising the special salary levels for workers in U.S. territories and the motion picture industry.
The standard salary is going to put 1.3 million workers up to the top of the poverty level of $35,000? Wow!

Kyiv,Ukraine. (World News)
Big Dave visited today with Ukraine president, Volomyer Zelensky taking time out from visiting sites for possible Ukraine truck driving schools. Zelensky did ask if President Trump wanted him to inquire about joe Biden’s sons involvement in the 2020 US elections. Dave told him this was strictly a Coop Dispatch business trip. The president then invited Dave and Donna, his personal assistant to dinner, and then sat down after dinning to watch reruns of Bonanza, which Zelensky told Dave, he watches all the time. Before departing, the president asked if he could take a picture of them all with him wearing Dave’s hat.

Kyiv,Ukraine. (World News)
Big Dave visited today with Ukraine president, Volomyer Zelensky taking time out from visiting sites for possible Ukraine truck driving schools. Zelensky did ask if President Trump wanted him to inquire about joe Biden’s sons involvement in the 2020 US elections. Dave told him this was strictly a Coop Dispatch business trip. The president then invited Dave and Donna, his personal assistant to dinner, and then sat down after dinning to watch reruns of Bonanza, which Zelensky told Dave, he watches all the time. Before departing, the president asked if he could take a picture of them all with him wearing Dave’s hat.
I told Zelensky to fire their head of truck driving schools and to hire Donna at 50k a month....

Status
Not open for further replies.