FedEx Freight | Other News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with that. I don't blindly follow the Republican party . My point here is that free stuff for all will never work no matter how you try to crunch the numbers.
I agree with you on the free stuff. Yes, it is getting carried away. Sometimes, It makes me shudder.

However, majority of us are willing to pay for universal healthcare. We need to talk about it instead of just shutting it down. I agree we need more specifics put out there. It doesn’t help when we watch debates and the candidates get 30 seconds to cover a topic and most of the time they have someone talking over them.

I agree with that. I don't blindly follow the Republican party . My point here is that free stuff for all will never work no matter how you try to crunch the numbers.
Problem is is focus on fighting with each other about free stuff when we should be fighting together about getting rid of spending money overseas when that 10-20-30 billions which I’m sure is probably much much higher could be used HERE in the USA to create hundreds of thousands of jobs that have good healthcare? You want a border wall? How about you use 10 billion to give jobs to put guards on the border? How about we put in laws that make it so that our Representatives actually have to work for us instead of the corporations? How about we focus on putting in laws where our presidents get a million dollars for a guest speaking gig after they leave office? We focus on the wrong issues

I agree with you on the free stuff. Yes, it is getting carried away. Sometimes, It makes me shudder.

However, majority of us are willing to pay for universal healthcare. We need to talk about it instead of just shutting it down. I agree we need more specifics put out there. It doesn’t help when we watch debates and the candidates get 30 seconds to cover a topic and most of the time they have someone talking over them.

Where did you get this majority number?

New children’s book teaches the value of trucking

https://www.fleetowner.com/equipmen...f9adb36a4018bab0ef999c0d5b96&utm_source=26862

10-4-good-buggy-promo.jpg

YRC reorganizes U.S. operating structure into four divisions, 17 operational areas

https://www.freightwaves.com/news/y...ture-into-four-divisions-17-operational-areas

“Less-than-truckload (LTL) carrier YRC Worldwide, Inc. (NASDAQ:YRCW) has reorganized into four nationwide divisions and 17 operational areas that will support its terminal operations, with its YRC Freight national unit and its three regional operating units reporting to T.J. O’Connor, YRC’s chief operating officer, according to a company document reviewed by FreightWaves.”

“YRC has already announced that it will close 25 terminals by the end of the year, and announced last week that it would consolidate one YRC Freight terminal into two Holland terminals in northern Michigan.”

YRC recently announced that New Penn would close its headquarters operations in Lebanon, Pennsylvania and shift those functions to YRC’s base in Overland Park, Kansas.”

YRC reorganizes U.S. operating structure into four divisions, 17 operational areas

https://www.freightwaves.com/news/y...ture-into-four-divisions-17-operational-areas

“Less-than-truckload (LTL) carrier YRC Worldwide, Inc. (NASDAQ:YRCW) has reorganized into four nationwide divisions and 17 operational areas that will support its terminal operations, with its YRC Freight national unit and its three regional operating units reporting to T.J. O’Connor, YRC’s chief operating officer, according to a company document reviewed by FreightWaves.”

“YRC has already announced that it will close 25 terminals by the end of the year, and announced last week that it would consolidate one YRC Freight terminal into two Holland terminals in northern Michigan.”

YRC recently announced that New Penn would close its headquarters operations in Lebanon, Pennsylvania and shift those functions to YRC’s base in Overland Park, Kansas.”
Imo I thinks it's long over due.

U.S. Class 8 new truck sales in September reach all-time monthly high

https://thetrucker.com/u-s-class-8-new-truck-sales-in-september-reach-all-time-monthly-high/

“September should be considered a fluke as fleets delayed taking some deliveries in the summer and the sales all closed in September,” said Don Ake, vice president of commercial vehicles at FTR. “Still, it was great sales month for Class 8 trucks..."

"Based on available records, Freightliner’s September sales also reached an all-time monthly high.

Year-to-date International has the largest percent increase with sales of 30,225 in 2019 compared with 24,306 for the same period in 2018, an increase of 24.4%.

Freightliner is second at 21.7% and Mack is third at 21.5%"

U.S. Class 8 new truck sales in September reach all-time monthly high

https://thetrucker.com/u-s-class-8-new-truck-sales-in-september-reach-all-time-monthly-high/

“September should be considered a fluke as fleets delayed taking some deliveries in the summer and the sales all closed in September,” said Don Ake, vice president of commercial vehicles at FTR. “Still, it was great sales month for Class 8 trucks..."

"Based on available records, Freightliner’s September sales also reached an all-time monthly high.

Year-to-date International has the largest percent increase with sales of 30,225 in 2019 compared with 24,306 for the same period in 2018, an increase of 24.4%.

Freightliner is second at 21.7% and Mack is third at 21.5%"
For the last 6 months all we heard from the ,”industry experts”, was the sky was falling on class 8 truck sales. Truck builder layoffs, freight rates falling,surplus of drivers from companies closing, worries of how companies were going to be able to retain and pay these huge, pay raises, they gave. Now they have record sales in September.

Status
Not open for further replies.