Our plan is working

Make no mistake, I know exactly why this strike was called. I'd just like people to admit the truth. You must forget that this board is full of employees on each side of the line and nobody's fooling anybody by claiming that this strike is because of labor violations or economic issues. Don't you think it's ironic that the timing of the strike coincides perfectly with the election? And since you'll do whatever the Teamsters tell you to do you're going to align with their candidate and their issues. The really sad thing is that there aren't enough questions being asked.

lets try to make this clear and simple so that you might understand it finally the unfair labor charges were from the the result of not having a contract i;e the company negotiating with the employees not the negotiating team pressuring and intimidating employees and making threats all based around not having a contract to work under if we were to do the same thing we'd have been fired if you dont understand it then you never will and you are just wasting time

No lets really make this clear and simple, lies from the union messed this up and led workers down the path of doom. JustMe123, you are right, just look at all the campaign signs at the front gate. Is this a rally for a president and a governor or a strike?

Ah, I'm glad thigs are sooo busy at OHFL that management has time to get on here and spread their claptrap filth around. Save it for the line-corssers, bud... they have to believe the crap you spoon-feed them. We are a different breed, and we know lies and propaganda when we hear it.

The fact of the matter is this: the ULP charges have merit, and the Board will find for the union siade, and then the company will have very little choice but to go back to the table with their tails between their legs, and bargain in good faith (for once) and resolve this issue.

Conversely, they can continue in their stupid, pig-headed, arrogant ways, and just shut their doors for good.

Either way, I'm good with it.

And Bill Hol... er, I mean AUBdriver?

Go push some papers across that increasingly empty desk of yours so you can pretend your whole world isn't falling apart. And work on that resume while you're at it... you're going to need it!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

No lets really make this clear and simple, lies from the union messed this up and led workers down the path of doom. JustMe123, you are right, just look at all the campaign signs at the front gate. Is this a rally for a president and a governor or a strike?

Aub don't you know? From your previous posts I thought you were out there on the line with us. Or is your line from inside the windows looking out.

Yes the plan is working. I just heard that the picketers have Fred Meyer Distribution Center in Clackamas, OR shut down. They are picketing every entrance. The carriers are turning away and not making any deliveries.

No lets really make this clear and simple, lies from the union messed this up and led workers down the path of doom.
I don't find this statement to be true. I believe lies and deception on oak harbors part is more in line. They have threatened the workers and their families with the propaganda videos they sent to our households. Also their medical proposal is so far away from the existing medical it is like comparing apples to zuchini. Their docks are empty and their yards are full of empty trailers. The workers from other terminals that are here is because there is no work at their own barns.

A lot of people in town are treating Oak Harbor like they have the plague. I am sure ohfl has spent more money trying to break the union than it would have cost to settle a contract. VERY WISE MEN THESE VP'S ARE!!!!!!

Hey AUBdriver when did the union members go out to tell the customers that the strike was over??? Thats right they didn't it was the company that lied to their own customers. Now that really is biting the hand that feeds you.

Hey AUBdriver when did the union members go out to tell the customers that the strike was over??? Thats right they didn't it was the company that lied to their own customers. Now that really is biting the hand that feeds you.

I'm just curious, what did Brian and all the BA's tell the members when they told them to go on strike? Something along the lines of, "company will come crawling back in 2 days max, you'll have your job back and everything else." It is now starting 8th week and OHFL is not showing any signs to crawling let alone walking back to the table. 763 was telling members that after the meeting on the 7th, they will be back to work on Monday. oops.

There are things that both sides have said that could be consider lies but I think 174 has really done a disservice to its members. Why do i keep hammering away at 174? Because even Al said this strike is in "sympathy for 174". They are the ones that wanted to prove that they can shut a company down. They tell Gap to use anyone else but OHFL. WHY? Shouldn't they tell Gap to use any other UNION freight company? If this is a ULP strike, why didn't Al say anything about resolving the ULP at any of the meetings including the last one? IF teamsters are really for the members, they should be doing everything in their power to get its members working, either at OHFL or other shops. Instead they tell their members, just one more week the company will cave. YRC is going to lay off 3750 drivers and dock workers. OHFL needs probably about 300 to 400 drivers and dock workers. WHAT THE HE** WAS 174 THINKING WHEN THEY CALLED THIS STRIKE??? They have put good hard working people out of their jobs for what???

As members of the union told a vender, "we are not doing this to hurt OHFL, it's to crush them". To all the good hard working people, good luck finding a job in this day in age. No matter what happens, you lose. If the company goes under, you don't have a job, you keep this up, you don't have a job EXCEPT for Brian, Gary, Rick, Al, Eve and all the union as they ride into the sunset with their $70k to $120k salaries. Maybe some of you can get a job as receptionist at Joint 28 for $23k. Better hurry!

Let's forget all of the crap you have wrong in your statement, and let's just focus on your statement about timing. I'm not saying there weren't better opportunities to strike, but in the end... at some point... you have to strike.

Otherwise... what? Let the company ram crappy healthcare, frozen pensions, and contract with all of the language gutted out of it? And let's not forget the nasty behavior on the part of the company that brought on the ULPs in the first place.

It boils down to this... they picked the fight, and we're going to finish it. They are going around and telling the customers that they are going to bust the union, or that their future does not include the union.

We all know this isn't about healthcare or pensions or wages or even language... and it never was. This is about union-busting, plain and simple. Only we aren't busted, and never will be.

This is about David, and to a lesser degree Edward, and their stupid, pig-headed, selfish, arrogant, blind greed and egotism. They simply cannot handle the fact that their employees choose to utilize the collective bargaining process and choose to be represented by a union. They cannot stand being told that they can't have their way, like spoiled little boys.

The union has made it's mistakes in all of this to be sure, but the inherent wrongdoing rests solely on Dave and Ed's shoulders. If they are so arrogant that they would rather run this company into the ground than concede defeat or even just some kind of compromise... well, then we union employees will administer the coupe de grace, and put this wounded beast out of it's misery.

It won't be that hard... we're already most of the way there right now...

So, "just asking"... this is me "just telling"... thye have two choices, and a very limited window to get this matter settled, or the gloves come off, and we start getting really real about getting down to the business of putting this company away for good...

Why can't hardcore Teamsters and the locals answer in truth without getting off the path. justasking has made an accurate statement. the local has no idea what they have started and look at them walk around us like they are somebody. We pay them, remember that? I will kicked them to the streets if anyone from joint or international come up to me and ask where they could go get a good steak and they did in POR.

Why can't hardcore Teamsters and the locals answer in truth without getting off the path. justasking has made an accurate statement. the local has no idea what they have started and look at them walk around us like they are somebody. We pay them, remember that? I will kicked them to the streets if anyone from joint or international come up to me and ask where they could go get a good steak and they did in POR.

If you're an AUB driver, then how would you know about stuff going on in POR???

And about just_asking's question, how can we answer it when his question has no merit? It wasn't an accurate statement, that's the problem. He has alleged quotes that no one remembers Brian saying....

This is in the company's hands. They can either negotiate in good faith instead of trying to make it look like they are to the public, or they're going down. Plain and simple. Believe me, it's going to be a rough road for the next couple of months but we'll overcome it, the company won't.

We are dug in for the long haul, and we will not give up until either the company quits trying to break us and finally reaches an agreement, or until they go out of business.

Which by my reckoning isn't too far off, given the state of their business levels, the massive amounts of money they are flushing down the toilet daily, and the pressure they are getting from some of their biggest suppliers to resolve this dispute.

And Ray M. AKA AUBdriver? You always were a worthless piece of detritus, whether you were driving or trying to attempt to be a dispatcher, neither of which you could pull off with any degree of credibility or skill. You wouldn't know anything if management didn't program you first with what to say up here or anywhere else.

You frankly deserve to be on the either side of the fence, huddled in that cold, empty, quiet terminal with nothing to do but waste time coming up with more lies and misinformation to spread around on message baords, trying to pretend like all of the other quasi-management pukes that your whole world isn't about to come spinning completely off of it's axis...

You have a swell day now...

I'm just curious, what did Brian and all the BA's tell the members when they told them to go on strike? Something along the lines of, "company will come crawling back in 2 days max, you'll have your job back and everything else."

You are spreading untruths!!!!! Typical company :butt kiss:

Why don't you go ask Jeff W. what he was told and get the truth. He will put you in your place. Noone ever said this was going to end in 2 days. Just the opposite. People were told to buckle down for a long fight. Of course everyone hoped that would happen but hope is a long way from your quote.

Aka

We are dug in for the long haul, and we will not give up until either the company quits trying to break us and finally reaches an agreement, or until they go out of business.

Which by my reckoning isn't too far off, given the state of their business levels, the massive amounts of money they are flushing down the toilet daily, and the pressure they are getting from some of their biggest suppliers to resolve this dispute.

And Ray M. AKA AUBdriver? You always were a worthless piece of detritus, whether you were driving or trying to attempt to be a dispatcher, neither of which you could pull off with any degree of credibility or skill. You wouldn't know anything if management didn't program you first with what to say up here or anywhere else.

You frankly deserve to be on the either side of the fence, huddled in that cold, empty, quiet terminal with nothing to do but waste time coming up with more lies and misinformation to spread around on message baords, trying to pretend like all of the other quasi-management pukes that your whole world isn't about to come spinning completely off of it's axis...

You have a swell day now...
WOW WOW WOW!!!
thats intense!!!!!