TForce | p&d drivers new rule

ltl driver

TB Lurker
Credits
Has anyone heard that P&d drivers won't be aloud to go on the clock until their trailers are ready? soo I guess they wont be able to assist dockworkers and make sure everything is in order...:Bondage:

ltl driver said:
Has anyone heard that P&d drivers won't be aloud to go on the clock until their trailers are ready? soo I guess they wont be able to assist dockworkers and make sure everything is in order...:Bondage:

Another good reason why contract language is needed for start times.

ltl driver said:
Maybe at a hub. If I don't punch in as well as everyone else at our barn, the freight does'nt move.

The TM at my terminal stopped all of us city drivers from going to the dock to help the inbound crew unload last week.
Now all the route drivers have to hit the clock not before 10am.
The highest senority drivers are told the night before what their start time is to run specials.
I'm second from the top of our city board so I usualy come in any where between 7 &10 depending if theres an early appoinment for me.
If theres nothing for me,I have to start at 10.
For the 20 plus years I've worked at Overnite I always came off an early special went to the dock to help pull my route freight off the inbound pups,set up my route trailer,closed it out,than left to do my route.
Now if I have a special when I get back and my route trailer isn't loaded I'm not allowed to go to the dock,untill our inbound crew has closed it out.
This is a really big change in our local operation.
I thought it was just a local issue because to many drivers were on the dock chatting with each other rather than helping out.
But from this thread it looks as though it is a system wide policy?
Like any other change UPS has made we've just got to go with it.
Like it,or not,UPS's name is on our pay stubs so we've got to do it their way.

Apostolic said:
The TM at my terminal stopped all of us city drivers from going to the dock to help the inbound crew unload last week.
Now all the route drivers have to hit the clock not before 10am.
The highest senority drivers are told the night before what their start time is to run specials.
I'm second from the top of our city board so I usualy come in any where between 7 &10 depending if theres an early appoinment for me.
If theres nothing for me,I have to start at 10.
For the 20 plus years I've worked at Overnite I always came off an early special went to the dock to help pull my route freight off the inbound pups,set up my route trailer,closed it out,than left to do my route.
Now if I have a special when I get back and my route trailer isn't loaded I'm not allowed to go to the dock,untill our inbound crew has closed it out.
This is a really big change in our local operation.
I thought it was just a local issue because to many drivers were on the dock chatting with each other rather than helping out.
But from this thread it looks as though it is a system wide policy?
Like any other change UPS has made we've just got to go with it.
Like it,or not,UPS's name is on our pay stubs so we've got to do it their way.

Apostolic, what happens if you are told to report at 8:00 and your load is not ready?

Do you have to wait to punch in as someone else said?

I myself have not heard of this .I have a start time and must clock in at that time no matter what unless I am asked to come in early.

So far thats not happened,CFer.
The appoinments are set up a day or two in advance.
So the night before starting at the top our names are posted in our drivers room dispatch window with our names,the next days start time,and are work asignment.

So far I've made early pickups getting me back to the terminal at,or around the time my route trailer is closed out.

One day this week I had about a 15 minute wait in our drivers room.
I asked if I could go to the dock to help loading up my trailer.
My inbound supervisor said no,just wait it out.
Than I asked how long it would be,he said about 10 minutes.
So I was going to go sit in my pickup truck,than call dispatch on my cell phone.
But than I got chatting with another driver,the time went by faster,in a short time my bills were handed to me at the dispatch window.
I was allowed to put my pallet jack,and hand cart on my trailer,locking them in with my load bar,than I was good to go.

I personly hate this new way,but who am I just one UPS employee amoungest the sea of the intire company.
I cry,cry,cry along with our other city drivers,but its best to give the TM,and supervisor a big smile,while you keep your mouth shut.
I'm sure he doesn't like this way any more than we do,and I know for sure he doesn't want to hear any of our whinning.
He as well as all of us,have to do what UPS wants.
END OF STORY!!!!!!!!

Apostolic said:
So far thats not happened,CFer.
The appoinments are set up a day or two in advance.
So the night before starting at the top our names are posted in our drivers room dispatch window with our names,the next days start time,and are work asignment.

So far I've made early pickups getting me back to the terminal at,or around the time my route trailer is closed out.

One day this week I had about a 15 minute wait in our drivers room.
I asked if I could go to the dock to help loading up my trailer.
My inbound supervisor said no,just wait it out.
Than I asked how long it would be,he said about 10 minutes.
So I was going to go sit in my pickup truck,than call dispatch on my cell phone.
But than I got chatting with another driver,the time went by faster,in a short time my bills were handed to me at the dispatch window.
I was allowed to put my pallet jack,and hand cart on my trailer,locking them in with my load bar,than I was good to go.

I personly hate this new way,but who am I just one UPS employee amoungest the sea of the intire company.
I cry,cry,cry along with our other city drivers,but its best to give the TM,and supervisor a big smile,while you keep your mouth shut.
I'm sure he doesn't like this way any more than we do,and I know for sure he doesn't want to hear any of our whinning.
He as well as all of us,have to do what UPS wants.
END OF STORY!!!!!!!!

What a shame.

No wonder Overnite became the largest labor law violator in this nation's history.

What's need is more complacencay and apathetic attidudes like yours and there will be no need for anymore complaining. Eveyone would just bend over and take it from behind, and wait for the next time over and over again.

Pathetic

T251

Oh come on Teamster 251 give me a break.
When you come accross anything thats negative your a lot better off if you just roll with it.
I myself do all of my work unto God almighty creator of heaven,and earth.
He's never failed in taking very good care of me no matter what I face in life.

I live a biblical life,I feel this is the very best way to live.
There is everything in the bible that aplys to every aspect of life.
I know a lot of you can't relate to me,but thats ok.
We are all different in our thinking,we all have to do what we think is in our own best interest.

Theres a bible verse that works for this issue.
its found in Proverbs 17:22
A merry heart doeth good like a medicine,but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

In plan english,it goes a lot better for you to be happy,than to let things eat you up.
So this is where I'm coming from on this issue Teamster 215.
Like it or not,this is just my choice.

Besides I've got to get ready to go to my church now,to learn more of how to live a better life.
I'll catch you later

Apostolic said:
Oh come on Teamster 251 give me a break.
When you come accross anything thats negative your a lot better off if you just roll with it.
I myself do all of my work unto God almighty creator of heaven,and earth.
He's never failed in taking very good care of me no matter what I face in life.

I live a biblical life,I feel this is the very best way to live.
There is everything in the bible that aplys to every aspect of life.
I know a lot of you can't relate to me,but thats ok.
We are all different in our thinking,we all have to do what we think is in our own best interest.

Theres a bible verse that works for this issue.
its found in Proverbs 17:22
A merry heart doeth good like a medicine,but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

In plan english,it goes a lot better for you to be happy,than to let things eat you up.
So this is where I'm coming from on this issue Teamster 215.
Like it or not,this is just my choice.

Besides I've got to get ready to go to my church now,to learn more of how to live a better life.
I'll catch you later

APO, when I come across something negative and it directly effects me I don't just say "oh well I guess I'll just roll with it and hope it gets better tomorrow".

I fight for myself and my dignity. I fight for others and their's as well.

I fight for what I believe in. I served twenty years in the military serving my country because of my beliefs in freedom and this country. I will never let a corporate giant control me for the sake of money. That's all anyone is worried about when it come to their jobs.

Who cares if the treat us bad, they are paying us (or not) for waht we are told or ordered to do.

We as worker have rights, many of you disregaurd that fact for the fear of being tossed aside. You let youselves be pushed around and manipulated in the name of money.

Religion has its time and place, for you, its controlling every aspect of your life, we all know that.
For others that don't follow your path, they need guidance from others or the tools to work with to fix the problems associated with things in there lives that are not controlled by there faith.

What faith do you think the Big Businees goes by?

I want to thank you very much for all the years you served in the milittary Teamster251.
I know that was a fantasic sacrifice for you to make for our country.
I know that all companies operate for corporate greed.
Their workers are just a number on their payrolls.

But I also know whatever sistuation you find yourself in,you can either make the most of it.
By giving it your best,and also thank God for the blessings of your health,as well as being able to receive a paycheck for the fruits of your labor.
Or you can moun,and grumble about how rotten you've got it.
Making yourself sick,by letting it eat away at your mind.
The last thing is if you just can't live with it you have to give up,than go someplace where you can feel better.

Working at UPS Freight with all of their changes is hard to take.
So you've got to do what you've got to do.
Either do your best,or quit,and go where you think you'll be happy.

As far as fighting against company policy,you may as well run head first into a cement block wall,you can move the wall a lot faster than moving a global company like UPS to make a change because we'er not happy with what they are doing.
This may just be my opinion?

Teamster251 said:
APO, when I come across something negative and it directly effects me I don't just say "oh well I guess I'll just roll with it and hope it gets better tomorrow".

I fight for myself and my dignity. I fight for others and their's as well.

I fight for what I believe in. I served twenty years in the military serving my country because of my beliefs in freedom and this country. I will never let a corporate giant control me for the sake of money. That's all anyone is worried about when it come to their jobs.

Who cares if the treat us bad, they are paying us (or not) for waht we are told or ordered to do.

We as worker have rights, many of you disregaurd that fact for the fear of being tossed aside. You let youselves be pushed around and manipulated in the name of money.

Religion has its time and place, for you, its controlling every aspect of your life, we all know that.
For others that don't follow your path, they need guidance from others or the tools to work with to fix the problems associated with things in there lives that are not controlled by there faith.

What faith do you think the Big Businees goes by?

I agree with you 100%, And I too will say thanx for the sacrifice by being in the military , there should be more like you... But there is some truth too what APO is saying. Has alot to do with self preservation.

If this is going to be the way it is, then thats the way it is. But, It should also apply to linehaul as well. I personally know a driver that has an almost 600 mile run, he gets to his turn terminal, then has to go out on the dock for 2-3 hours to get his return trailers loaded. He doesnt "HAVE" to go load trailers, but if he doesnt, it will be an extra hour or two before he gets dispatched back again. Then theres the problem of staying awake on the way back. You can get plenty of sleep during the day, but 5 12-13 hour nights in a row just because they wont make the people hired to do dock work do their jobs is stupid.

This is no different than a line-driver giving an hour at the start or turn of his run. It is crap you show up when your told to and only get paid when they deem you deserve it. As line-drivers we donate all our time in doing their paperwork anyway....Not saying that p&d should lose anything but this nothing new......

galaxy99dx said:
If this is going to be the way it is, then thats the way it is. But, It should also apply to linehaul as well. I personally know a driver that has an almost 600 mile run, he gets to his turn terminal, then has to go out on the dock for 2-3 hours to get his return trailers loaded. He doesnt "HAVE" to go load trailers, but if he doesnt, it will be an extra hour or two before he gets dispatched back again. Then theres the problem of staying awake on the way back. You can get plenty of sleep during the day, but 5 12-13 hour nights in a row just because they wont make the people hired to do dock work do their jobs is stupid.

Man it must suck to be him.......I feel for that guy....And in a 65 mph truck to I bet......

greezy trucker said:
This is no different than a line-driver giving an hour at the start or turn of his run. It is crap you show up when your told to and only get paid when they deem you deserve it. As line-drivers we donate all our time in doing their paperwork anyway....Not saying that p&d should lose anything but this nothing new......
I was in SLC a couple weeks ago and was there 62 min....I punched the clock and told the dispatcher to put our delay in, he looked and said "you actually want paid for 2 minutes?"....I said "hell yeah, I give this company enough time....I'll take every two minutes I can get".
I guess he thought I was being greedy for wanting two minutes...but I just gave them an hour for free.

Drivers aren't the only ones getting short changed with our company.
The inbound,and out bound supervisors at my terminal gets a salary paid on 8 hours per day.
Yet both these shift overseers have to stay way past their 8 hours to complete their jobs.

But I can only say as much as we don't like whats going down with the rebranding to UPS Freight,other than giving up ,and going somewhere else to work.
What other option have we other than doing our best,collecting our wages for our work every week,and thanking God for waking up every day?

Life isn't always a bowl of cherries,sometimes its really the pits.

It could always be worse,theres a lot of negative examples it would take me pages to list.
Thats why as far as I'm concerned,I just do my work unto God,and thank him for all the blessings he's allowed me to have.

This works the best for me.
Everyone of you my UPS Freight co-workers will just have to make up your minds to do as I've chosen to do.
Or let it eat you up,which in turn will make you sick of working here and have to get out.

As far as wanting any union to help us out.
It looks like that idea may be a long way off,so we've got to make the best of it,or like I say go somewhere else where you'll be happier.

The inbound,and out bound supervisors at my terminal gets a salary paid on 8 hours per day.
Yet both these shift overseers have to stay way past their 8 hours to complete their jobs.

Apo, I've been there and done that, that is why I will never be middle management/lower management again.

I was making 40,000 a year in the mid 90's as a pm operations mgr for a Air Freight co while the rest of the drivers were making more. Not to mention I was in the hot seat and loading outbounds, ect...

But they can do what I did and go where the money is, I went back to driving and been here ever since.

UPSF_GLAD TO BE NON-UNION said:
I was in SLC a couple weeks ago and was there 62 min....I punched the clock and told the dispatcher to put our delay in, he looked and said "you actually want paid for 2 minutes?"....I said "hell yeah, I give this company enough time....I'll take every two minutes I can get".
I guess he thought I was being greedy for wanting two minutes...but I just gave them an hour for free.
Good for you!! Soon, not one second will be free.

Apostolic said:
Drivers aren't the only ones getting short changed with our company.

But I can only say as much as we don't like whats going down with the rebranding to UPS Freight,other than giving up ,and going somewhere else to work.
What other option have we other than doing our best,collecting our wages for our work every week,and thanking God for waking up every day?

Life isn't always a bowl of cherries,sometimes its really the pits.

It could always be worse,theres a lot of negative examples it would take me pages to list.
Thats why as far as I'm concerned,I just do my work unto God,and thank him for all the blessings he's allowed me to have.

This works the best for me.
Everyone of you my UPS Freight co-workers will just have to make up your minds to do as I've chosen to do.
Or let it eat you up,which in turn will make you sick of working here and have to get out.

As far as wanting any union to help us out.
It looks like that idea may be a long way off,so we've got to make the best of it,or like I say go somewhere else where you'll be happier.

Supervisor can be in the union too, if they got the balls