TForce | p&d drivers new rule

Apo,
You mean your terminal misses out on 2 hours (8:00am to 10:00am) of daily delivery time? That's not taking very good care of the customers. Looks like they need to start working the inbound alot earlier.

You know its funny when I go to another state.
People ask where I live?
As soon as I say Rochester New York,they act like they never hear the city,just the state.
They think ever city,or town in NY state is near,or in New York city.

Its something like working as a UPS employee.
I call a house delivery that I'm not used to driving in.
To ask if theres a dead end,or a way to turn around my big route trailer.
I say I'm a UPS freight driver.
They hear the UPS,and shut out the freight idea.
Now they are thinking small package car.
They wounder why would I be calling to ask if they live on a dead end street when I can just turn into their driveway.
Like the guy that I delivered a 20 foot Sun Setter awning to.
He couldn't believe I came with the big trailer that couldn't get under the utilty lines on his street.
I had to lay my hand cart down and tape everything around it to get it to his house.
I said sir,how do you think UPS would get something 20 foot long on one of their package cars?
He says gee I never thought about that,Iwoundered why you called me?

I also see alot of puzzled faces and expressionless look's when I refer to myself being UPSFreight, I also see people shutting out the Freight as well.

Accelerator,Teamster 251 says we are not UPS employees.
He and his fellow union posters were getting on me for one of my negative Teamster posts about the bad old union days.
T251 said us freight haulers are in no way connected to UPS other than the brand UPS gave us we are actualy a seperate company working for UPS.

I'm very glad he cleared that up for me.
But I do wounder why I can go on the UPS web site with my time clock employee number and get UPS discounts,as well as all the UPS news?
Maybe UPS is trying to treat us nice so our freight company will do a good job?

He and his fellow union posters were getting on me for one of my negative Teamster posts about the bad old union days.
T251 said us freight haulers are in no way connected to UPS other than the brand UPS gave us we are actualy a seperate company working for UPS.

But I do wounder why I can go on the UPS web site with my time clock employee number and get UPS discounts,as well as all the UPS news?

We are not connected too UPS small package, that is true, as far as not being A PART OF UPS, MIKE SEEMS TO THINK SO!!!!!! And what happened with the TEAMSTER'S in the past is the past, AND IT IS TIME TOO LOOK FORWARD TO THE FUTURE. I am quite sure in years to come we will look more and more like UPS . With profit's too benifit everybody!!!!

Apo I think you need to read my post fully. If yo are going to quote he or psot "he said, she said" stuff then I suggest that in the furre ytou get it right and not mis-quote me.

I said you were a wholly owed subsidary http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/ups-freight/7185-fed-ex-3.html#post81261 with a Service mark. You are in no way a division of United Parcel Service.

In case you didn't know UPS Corp is the Father Brown and United Parcel Service along with USP freight are one of many children.

As far as the bad old days, why do you bring them up to use and compare with waht is going on now, it isn't relative or germain to the situation. That was then, this is now.

PS if you really need to call yourself something to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside take it from Krash and call yourself UPSFers if you really need a handle that bad.

You know its funny when I go to another state.
People ask where I live?
As soon as I say Rochester New York,they act like they never hear the city,just the state.
They think ever city,or town in NY state is near,or in New York city.
I know where that is, that's where Rob and Laura Petry live, sorry for the last names Brutus ;)

FM

Has anyone heard that P&d drivers won't be aloud to go on the clock until their trailers are ready? soo I guess they wont be able to assist dockworkers and make sure everything is in order...:Bondage:

WOW, I can't believe that. At my terminal we can punch the clock three hours before we start and sit around and eat donuts.

I thought all the terminals was like that. I can't imagine waiting to punch in only after the freight is loaded.

WHAT'S this world coming to.

Our P&D drivers punch in at what ever time they are told to be there weather their load is ready or not.

WOW, I can't believe that. At my terminal we can punch the clock three hours before we start and sit around and eat donuts.

I thought all the terminals was like that. I can't imagine waiting to punch in only after the freight is loaded.

WHAT'S this world coming to.

Our P&D drivers punch in at what ever time they are told to be there weather their load is ready or not.

And thats the way it should be. If managment tells one to come in at a start time, Thats when you should punch in, at exactly your start time regardless if the trailer is ready or not.

And thats the way it should be. If managment tells one to come in at a start time, Thats when you should punch in, at exactly your start time regardless if the trailer is ready or not.

That is the way that it is at my terminal. When you are told to start at 0700 you punch in at 0700 reguardless if the freight is ready or not.:duh:

That is the way that it is at my terminal. When you are told to start at 0700 you punch in at 0700 reguardless if the freight is ready or not.:duh:

So much for one set of rules. One policy book for all and different policy's for different terminals. Allthough there has always been a problem with company rules and the terminals that obide by them.

This is the problem with the terminal managers having the power to overide the policy book if in their eye's it benifits there terminal.

So much for one set of rules. One policy book for all and different policy's for different terminals. Allthough there has always been a problem with company rules and the terminals that obide by them.

I think it's the same policy for all. You can't believe a lot of what people say at different locations because they may have a union agenda.

free time

I was in SLC a couple weeks ago and was there 62 min....I punched the clock and told the dispatcher to put our delay in, he looked and said "you actually want paid for 2 minutes?"....I said "hell yeah, I give this company enough time....I'll take every two minutes I can get".
I guess he thought I was being greedy for wanting two minutes...but I just gave them an hour for free.
they make the rules we can hold them to it

How about a road driver having a gate time of 11:00 AM. he get there and there is no load.. and by the way its on a SUNDAY... anyways he calls dispatch they tell him they gave his load to someone else and there is no load for him, go home and call in the AM..5 hrs later they call him and tell him,, oh there was a set there.. go back and hookup and drive 540 miles tonight so they have that load for tomarrow. NOW... whats up with that. does he get paid? he has to drive all night now to deliever a AM load.. plus he is going to have to Chainup now to get over the pass cus its snowing there now. That all sucks... Overnight dispatchers need to get thier heads outta thier BUTTS..