XPO | Pay and Benefit Package

cityman

TB Lurker
Credits
Con-way drivers, are you happy with your overall pay and benefits? I hear the top wage is good, except it takes a long time to get there. Knowing what you know now after working for Con-way would you still go to work for them? Looking for feedback from current drivers if they are happy with their treatment/work enviroment and overall compensation package. Would you tell your brother to work at Con-way, or reccomend another carrier?

Con-way drivers, are you happy with your overall pay and benefits? I hear the top wage is good, except it takes a long time to get there. Knowing what you know now after working for Con-way would you still go to work for them? Looking for feedback from current drivers if they are happy with their treatment/work enviroment and overall compensation package. Would you tell your brother to work at Con-way, or reccomend another carrier?

Have you been reading any of the current threads on the Con-way board..?? You may be waiting a while to hear the harps as the gates open for you from this arena, as you will be hard pressed to find anyone here extolling the virtues of the company..
But, depending on location, you will certainly get some opinions here for sure..

Con-way is a good place to work,i have been working at con-way for going on 16 years.
if your looking for a job your out of luck for now.

Con-way is a good place to work,i have been working at con-way for going on 16 years.
if your looking for a job your out of luck for now.

Uh, oh....Somebody says this is a good place to work..?? We are going to have to find at least 3 to collaborate this nonsense or it we will have to deem it as untrue and spiked by kool-aid....and of course, I don't count, for obvious reasons..

I am happy with what I am getting paid. If you are in metro area of new york you will get paid a little more. We top out at 23.55 and 53 cents a mile. It takes a little over 5 years to top out. Overall there are a lot of changes going on in the industry as a whole. I would not switch jobs right now unless you ABSOLUTELY have to. Con way is better than most other places to work at right now. We have not experienced a pay decrease (concessions) and our 401k is still being matched.

I am happy with what I am getting paid. If you are in metro area of new york you will get paid a little more. We top out at 23.55 and 53 cents a mile. It takes a little over 5 years to top out. Overall there are a lot of changes going on in the industry as a whole. I would not switch jobs right now unless you ABSOLUTELY have to. Con way is better than most other places to work at right now. We have not experienced a pay decrease (concessions) and our 401k is still being matched.

Although I wouldn't class this as a ringing endorsement, there seems to be enough positive there to count this as one...we will need two more..

Best job i have ever had ,20yrs its been a good ride and not stopping anytime soon.Always thought the grass was pretty green on this side of the fence.

My biggest complaint would be 5+ years to top pay (23.55 hr .55 per mile ). As far as working for a big company there all the same. But if you get lucky enough to have good local managers that is what will determine your experience at a big company . Best job I ever had was a small company , pay and benefits sucked . Love the owners and managers . Its hard to beat the pay at con-way from where I am at . And for now we still have plenty of work , I count my blessings on that I know it cant last In this economy .

I'm happy with the pay- benefits have been better in the past,ie. health insurance but you can't have everything. however i'm one of those affected by the closing of 40 terminals last november. It has not been as easy combining two terminals without disrupting drivers lives- our csm seem pleased and tells us we should all be happy that we have jobs and should have good moral. sometimes thats hard I have 12 more years that i wish to work- but i'm not to optinitic i went from 16out of 33 to 33 out of 44 in senority at 50 and ten years in- it got my head scratching. I wonder if i made the right choice-only time will tell.

Pay and bennies are good. Takes pretty long to top out but is nice when you do. OT at 40 is also a plus. I have my opinions about certain people in management but to answer your question - yes, I'm satisfied the with pay and benefits at Con-way.

I hate my job... but I do it and I do it well. I don't like the way Con-way treats us but then again... I know where the door is too. Someday I will use it. I don't plan to retire from Con-way, never did. Just a means to an end. But today, all the LTL companies are worse off than Con-way (except ODFL)... just look at the stock market:

Symbol Price Change

CNW 18.88 -0.12 -0.63%

FDX 46.96 -0.71 -1.49%

YRCW 2.76 -0.04 -1.43%

ODFL 24.13 -0.37 -1.51%

VTN.TO (Vitran) 5.64 +0.44 +8.46%

ABFS 20.31 -0.44 -2.12%

SAIA 9.91 -0.59 -5.62%

Total (USD) $0.00 0.00 0.00%
Cumulative 0.00 0.00%

The thing with Con-way is that they know they pay the top wages in the LTL business and if you want the money they're going to work your @$$ off. Again... "if you don't like it, don't let the door hit you on your way out" (quote from Dave M).

I hate my job... but I do it and I do it well. I don't like the way Con-way treats us but then again... I know where the door is too. Someday I will use it. I don't plan to retire from Con-way, never did. Just a means to an end. But today, all the LTL companies are worse off than Con-way (except ODFL)... just look at the stock market:

Symbol Price Change

CNW 18.88 -0.12 -0.63%

FDX 46.96 -0.71 -1.49%

YRCW 2.76 -0.04 -1.43%

ODFL 24.13 -0.37 -1.51%

VTN.TO (Vitran) 5.64 +0.44 +8.46%

ABFS 20.31 -0.44 -2.12%

SAIA 9.91 -0.59 -5.62%

Total (USD) $0.00 0.00 0.00%
Cumulative 0.00 0.00%

The thing with Con-way is that they know they pay the top wages in the LTL business and if you want the money they're going to work your @$$ off. Again... "if you don't like it, don't let the door hit you on your way out" (quote from Dave M).

I have days when I hate it too...I understand completely...