XPO | Pay and Benefit Package

I don't think I was being sarcastic! well OK maybe just a little. I just wanted to say that employee's of Conway enjoy a lot of the pay and benifits they have because of the Teamsters. I also wanted to make it very clear that if the Teamsters go away that things are not in any way shape or form going to get better for men and women in our Industry.

Why is that..?? Are the teamster's going to fold if YRC goes under..?? Don't bet on it...YRC is not the threat, the Teamster's union is the threat..

I don't think I was being sarcastic! well OK maybe just a little. I just wanted to say that employee's of Conway enjoy a lot of the pay and benifits they have because of the Teamsters. I also wanted to make it very clear that if the Teamsters go away that things are not in any way shape or form going to get better for men and women in our Industry.
av8tor was being sarcastic. I was refering to av8tor being sarcastic.

av8tor was being sarcastic. I was refering to av8tor being sarcastic.

...OMG!!!...​

I can't believe you would think such a thing like this!!!! :shock:

Certainly not about our Av8tor!!! Now you take it back right now Mister or theres going to be trouble!!!:Duel::chairshot:

Rat :hysterical:

For god sakes why is the Teamsters a threat???? The Teamsters are just men and women fighting for our rights and for a wage and benefits that we can pay our mortgages put food on the table and maybe someday retire on without having to worry about how we're going to live. The only threat is the last of the Teamsters have been run into a corner like cattle for the slaughter. Thousands of people's family's homes lives and retirement's are at stake. So who is the threat? the company that it's bottom line is profit at any cost or a bunch of men and women like you and me that just want to live comfortably with a descent retirement.

Well, I am going to avoid the argument on this thread, unless you want to PM me, except to say that the bottom line threat you mention has nothing to do with benefits or wages, as we are so close right now it's ridiculous...the threat has always been in archaic work rules that create jobs where there are none, costing companies millions per year..Have you ever considered why in good times AND bad, the non-union companies always operate better..?? Do you believe it's because we pay 10 dollars an hour..?? Dig in, do the research, and you will understand why, and start with supplemental work rule agreements that are a joke in many cases...they will tell you it is for the protection of the employee, but what it is is a job creator, where you have 2-3 employees doing the work that one man is trained and qualified to do at CNW...and accomplishes safely and efficiently...and that is what erases your bottom line...

best job ive ever had, i was 22 when i first started with con-way and my first full year i made about 63k. benefits are also top notch and i pay like 7$ a week or something for them. they are also currently paying for my school and books.

couldnt be happier, have little issues with some ppl, but i dont let it bother me. i just come to work and do my job as best as i can, then go home, and every friday pay my bills.

best job ive ever had, i was 22 when i first started with con-way and my first full year i made about 63k. benefits are also top notch and i pay like 7$ a week or something for them. they are also currently paying for my school and books.

couldnt be happier, have little issues with some ppl, but i dont let it bother me. i just come to work and do my job as best as i can, then go home, and every friday pay my bills.

I'm with you. I also started here at 22 years old. I can only imagine what some drivers thought when I first showed up to an FAC. My first was the now gone XCL (Cleveland, Oh) FAC. I'm an old fart now at 28. I like my job and those I work with but my days are numbered for a variety of reasons. As far as jobs go though, this is a pretty good place to work. Top rate is sweet.

Your absolutely right Boxboss, who needs extra work rules that makes it hard to fire a man or creates extra jobs. I think most of that extra money could go towards paying the CEO of your great company that was built by Teamsters.

Your absolutely right Boxboss, who needs extra work rules that makes it hard to fire a man or creates extra jobs. I think most of that extra money could go towards paying the CEO of your great company that was built by Teamsters.

Uh, oh...I smell another X-CFer...but now it makes sense...Pay the shareholder, Cowguts...That's what gives your company value...Ask the folks at YRC, and while you're at it, check the CEO salaries for both companies...
And for the record, extra jobs are created by extra work, not having bid fork drivers move your freight for you while you stand at the door handing him bills with 25 forklifts sitting on the other end of the dock doing nothing...When you can show me the efficiency in that, I will come to your side...I wouldn't hold my breath along the way...

It was just my curiosity. Nothing else. This goes back to what I've always said. Most of the good LTL pay & benefit packages are about the same in the end. Our rate might be slightly higher than say UPSF, but they gain it back with better bennies.

We are not that far behind in refrance to pay and bennies, but we also know what we are going to earn ( raises and bennies ) for the next 5 years.

To be honest we have lost in bennies in comparison to prior union in some things, but have gained monetarily, big improvement. So speaking in referance to highest paid, good ,you people deserve it get as much as you can.

Uh, oh...I smell another X-CFer...but now it makes sense...Pay the shareholder, Cowguts...That's what gives your company value...Ask the folks at YRC, and while you're at it, check the CEO salaries for both companies...
And for the record, extra jobs are created by extra work, not having bid fork drivers move your freight for you while you stand at the door handing him bills with 25 forklifts sitting on the other end of the dock doing nothing...When you can show me the efficiency in that, I will come to your side...I wouldn't hold my breath along the way...

With our contract, and this will be the last of the talk in referance to anything union, here by myself and I think we should all follow this example. It is against the rules, if you would like to further this discussion we will take it to the union /non union debate forum.

Our contract allows nothing of the sort, so speaking in referance is fine, but ensures no future intent, the union also has nothing to do with the benefits at UPSF and never will. We have lost alot in referance to bennies due to the newness (for a lame discription) of this company, UPS will implement better bennies ,which they can, as profitability increases, thus far we are on the right track and I hope it continues, even though UPS is bound by contract, they can improve bennies at will, it is not in controll of the teamsters, but by contract must maintain what has been into effect at the sighning of the agreement.