R&L | Pay Raise?

You are very wrong. I am not afraid to say what I believe to any one. I think R&L as it is currently managed is a cesspool of favoritism, poor management and insipidness. My SCM is a clown. The safety director is a fool. I think Larry Roberts is a good guy but he's more worried about his horse farms than the company right now. The dock at my barn is infested by low life addicts that have no business running towmotors. As a matter of fact I have two applications out right now. I am not beholden to R&L in any way shape or form. As I've often said there are three ways to do things; the right way, the wrong way, and the R&L way. Right now the BS and stupidity represented by the R & L way has reached a point where after 10 years I'm getting ready to leave. The main reason is all connected to dumb BS that my SCM gets away with by action and inaction on his part. So you should rethink your post and have care when you try to predict what others think.
Ok you balanced it out

Ill say this once and once only to you and Rodeo. You are a guest in the R+L forum. Do not come here and start discussing the union. This is your only warning.
Sorry for getting down in the mud over that but the whole union vs nonunion thing hits a nerve with me. I made a conscious decision to come to R&L and they've been a decent place to work but my SCM really is screwing the pooch in many areas and throwing good employees under the bus to cover his but. Talked to the buzz cut safety director myself and faced reprisal for doing so. Can't prove it with hard evidence, but I can see when 2 + 2 = 4. I really do have two apps out. Stuff has gone off the rails in the last 6 months.

Sorry for getting down in the mud over that but the whole union vs nonunion thing hits a nerve with me. I made a conscious decision to come to R&L and they've been a decent place to work but my SCM really is screwing the pooch in many areas and throwing good employees under the bus to cover his but. Talked to the buzz cut safety director myself and faced reprisal for doing so. Can't prove it with hard evidence, but I can see when 2 + 2 = 4. I really do have two apps out. Stuff has gone off the rails in the last 6 months.
Hang in there, brother!

Employees can discuss it at will as long as they keep it civil but outsiders aren't allowed to come in and start stirring the pot any more than we should go to the YRC page and discuss why we disagree with the Union or how bad we may feel about that subject. We have a few rules around here in trucking boards and that is one of them. You were fine.

I think maybe if you where under contract for a raise you would not ask that question. Just saying freon a union driver

Or you would be giving back 7% to 15% Worse yet out of business like most teamster LTL Carriers.. With a near worthless retirement program....

Or you would be giving back 7% to 15% Worse yet out of business like most teamster LTL Carriers.. With a near worthless retirement program....
I'm back for a minute. I retired union western conference. Not once in 30 plus years did we ever lose. That was a force feed by YRC. I try not to dwell on what has happened to central states. The CF thing should have been disrupted by the federal government. Didn't lift one finger to save thousands of jobs. I'm happy at R+L. They've treated me right and I have done the same with the company. Hope you all are doing well. Times are tough on everyone. Take care.

So you're looking for work?

I'm back for a minute. I retired union western conference. Not once in 30 plus years did we ever lose. That was a force feed by YRC. I try not to dwell on what has happened to central states. The CF thing should have been disrupted by the federal government. Didn't lift one finger to save thousands of jobs. I'm happy at R+L. They've treated me right and I have done the same with the company. Hope you all are doing well. Times are tough on everyone. Take care.
Just like you I came from CF and now at R&L I also have no problems with the company as I provide a very fair day of labor for a fair wage I do have a problem with a very vindictive terminal manager who for years has gone out of his way to make it hard at times for myself and some other drivers if I can make it another year I should be able to retire from a profession that has provided my family and I a good honest living for the last 37 years

So you're looking for work?
Not looking anymore, found. If things work out I should be done with R&L in about three weeks. SCM is most of the problem. He'll be here another five years or so and I've about 15 left before I retire or seriously downshift my work. Wife has 16 years. I don't want to spend 1/3 of my remaining career unhappy because of a pecker head SCM. I like my route and my customers and most coworkers. Other part I don't like is increasing number of residential deliveries. I found a gig out 2-3 nights a week but basically Monday thru Thursday. Money is same or better than I'm doing now depending on how hard I want to run. I also will have in essence zero commute time whereas I have 1.5 hour round trip commute now. At my barn the options for me are to stay on my peddle run, it is one of the better ones, go to night time linehaul, or end up on a daytime linehaul that starts between 1100-1300. The last two don't really appeal to me and I don't know if I'll be able to keep up physically if I stay on my current run in the long term. One misstep or trip on a wet or icy liftgate or trailer floor or ladder rung and I might be in a bad way. If the residential mix hadn't increased as much as it has I might not be as concerned but I see it increasing. When I started at CFCC liftgate residential delivery by a LTL P&D driver was almost unheard of. You might have to two wheel some stuff, but shoving 800 pound skids of a pool or 1200 pounds of flooring up a customers driveway to their garage was unheard of. Now it's commonplace.

You're right we might be asking questions about where our pension is.
Or a 15% give back. Or not having a job because the union protects a functional drunk instead of getting a safety menace off the road. Or getting bought out by another union carrier and loosing your job. Just sayin from an old CFCC hand.
Even morons are protected by laws.If you feel unsafe drop a dime on your co workers.

What retirement plan are you talking about ,Be specific.New Jersey New England Central Pennsylvania ,Philadelphia and Vicinity Northern Virginia and DC.Are they according to you worthless plans.Are you a member or contribute to any of these.Speak up or shut up!!!!!!!!

What retirement plan are you talking about ,Be specific.New Jersey New England Central Pennsylvania ,Philadelphia and Vicinity Northern Virginia and DC.Are they according to you worthless plans.Are you a member or contribute to any of these.Speak up or shut up!!!!!!!!
CSPF. You know it, I know it, he knows it. Big Brown got what they wanted and left the others to die in the vine.

Not looking anymore, found. If things work out I should be done with R&L in about three weeks. SCM is most of the problem. He'll be here another five years or so and I've about 15 left before I retire or seriously downshift my work. Wife has 16 years. I don't want to spend 1/3 of my remaining career unhappy because of a pecker head SCM. I like my route and my customers and most coworkers. Other part I don't like is increasing number of residential deliveries. I found a gig out 2-3 nights a week but basically Monday thru Thursday. Money is same or better than I'm doing now depending on how hard I want to run. I also will have in essence zero commute time whereas I have 1.5 hour round trip commute now. At my barn the options for me are to stay on my peddle run, it is one of the better ones, go to night time linehaul, or end up on a daytime linehaul that starts between 1100-1300. The last two don't really appeal to me and I don't know if I'll be able to keep up physically if I stay on my current run in the long term. One misstep or trip on a wet or icy liftgate or trailer floor or ladder rung and I might be in a bad way. If the residential mix hadn't increased as much as it has I might not be as concerned but I see it increasing. When I started at CFCC liftgate residential delivery by a LTL P&D driver was almost unheard of. You might have to two wheel some stuff, but shoving 800 pound skids of a pool or 1200 pounds of flooring up a customers driveway to their garage was unheard of. Now it's commonplace.
Hi Ted...I PM’d you. Get back to me on there if you can.

.70 per hour
Effective 5/10/20
Yep, .70 per hour. Letter announcing it talks about how grateful they are and how we need to service the customers and how they spent 5 million dollars on PPE for employees. What nonsense ! We didn't see any masks gloves or sanitizer till about two weeks ago. Terminal is filthy, pigeon droppings everywhere which I think is more of a hazard than the Wuhan Flu. Office still has coffee machine and donuts in their break room. I think .70 cents is an insult. Our levels have not dropped that much in my opinion. You don't want to come with enough to bump us over 30$, which I heard Bob Zimmerman himself say we'd be at by this point, don't pass it off that you spent money on PPE that was three weeks late after the initial panic.