R&L | Pay Raise?

Yep, .70 per hour. Letter announcing it talks about how grateful they are and how we need to service the customers and how they spent 5 million dollars on PPE for employees. What nonsense ! We didn't see any masks gloves or sanitizer till about two weeks ago. Terminal is filthy, pigeon droppings everywhere which I think is more of a hazard than the Wuhan Flu. Office still has coffee machine and donuts in their break room. I think .70 cents is an insult. Our levels have not dropped that much in my opinion. You don't want to come with enough to bump us over 30$, which I heard Bob Zimmerman himself say we'd be at by this point, don't pass it off that you spent money on PPE that was three weeks late after the initial panic.

70 cents might be an insult to you, but I’m grateful, especially since they could’ve easily used the pandemic as a reason to not have a raise this year or even a pay cut.

70 cents might be an insult to you, but I’m grateful, especially since they could’ve easily used the pandemic as a reason to not have a raise this year or even a pay cut.
Our bill count has actually gone up mostly due to the increased volume of residential delivery’s 8 of 17 stops Friday these pay more but take extra time to deliver. I think we should have been pushed up to $30. An hour also.

It's not the amount, it's the fact they associated a huge purchase of PPE with it of which our barn never saw a lick of PPE until three weeks after the first shutdowns. But they took our coffee machine and donuts and fruit away right away as the office got to keep theirs. If they didn't want to bump up that's fine, but as another poster said I've been busier during this time than I had in the previous six months. I put my money where my mouth is. I don't care for how the raise announcement was handled among other things and after ten years I am simply waiting on the call from my new employer that the inframe is complete on my new to me non nanny state truck and I'll be down the road. It's the Roberts' company they may do as they will. As I've often said, there's three ways to do things, the right way, the wrong way, and the R&L way. I've had enough of the latter.

So, what is starting mileage rate now for GALLIPOLS Ferry TERMINAL? Top out rate?
This may be called HUNTINGTON, WV terminal.

So, what is starting mileage rate now for GALLIPOLS Ferry TERMINAL? Top out rate?
They're not a mileage rate necessarily, it's a flat rate per run. See my thread "Some linehaul rates". You are correct, they call that barn Huntington

Top hourly rate is probably $29.72
No idea of new hire rate.
All linehaul are paid flat rate per run.
I think it’s now 3 yrs. to top rate.

Top hourly rate is probably $29.72
No idea of new hire rate.
All linehaul are paid flat rate per run.
I think
it’s now 3 yrs. to top rate.

Appreciate feedback. Just starting process of application, phone interview. Need to get back to LTL. Lost best in my area.my fault, starting over(again).

We are going to miss you Steve...good luck with your new job.....
Thanks, it was a good run. Enjoyed most of the folks I worked with,good people. Life changes, opportunity knocks, and sometimes it's time to move. Commute and the way LTL on general is changing and will continue to change were two of the biggest drivers in my decision. I WILL NOT miss residentials! Dealt with them for 10 years at previous job as well though it was a private fleet. 19 years combined doing liftgate two wheeler long carry pallet jack non commercial location deliveries was enough. Open deck is still physical but I'm good with that part of it, the straps/chains and tarps.

Even with the raise we're still the lowest paid L/H in the LTL sector but we'll take it.
That is a no :crap: on the L/H and the lowest. Most days I think its all good, I'm left alone and anything I ask for within reason is granted. But I have a cool CSM or TM, That's worth a lot in my book. If he goes and we end up with a jerk, the pay would suck way more. But for now, i'm with you. I've always brought up the idea of a new LH pay format or increase. Should hear the city p&d whenever I do..........:duel: :argue: :crybaby:........LOL

That is a no :crap: on the L/H and the lowest. Most days I think its all good, I'm left alone and anything I ask for within reason is granted. But I have a cool CSM or TM, That's worth a lot in my book. If he goes and we end up with a jerk, the pay would suck way more. But for now, i'm with you. I've always brought up the idea of a new LH pay format or increase. Should hear the city p&d whenever I do..........:duel: :argue: :crybaby:........LOL
Are you making over a 100k a year in line haul working 5 days a week,That include no lay downs .Only turns.

What about your waiting time, drop and hooks ,fuel, and all other time consumed.When the truck stops .are you making money or giving freebies.
All in one rate. No extra. Mind you I'm no longer there and ran linehaul for under a year, not including weekend work. Each slip point or terminal has a flat rate. I've heard there is a method to the madness to compute the flat rate to include everything but I could never figure it out. I have an older threadon here entitled "some linehaul rates" that has it broken down by actual odometer miles and gps miles.

Reactions: IMO
Are you making over a 100k a year in line haul working 5 days a week,That include no lay downs .Only turns.
No, I'm just under 90,000. When I run the numbers on my gig its about .57-.58 CPM and from arriving to work and walking out the door at work, my time averages 35 an hour for the 5 days of LH. I don't wait long. Gotta pretty good run. Always have been taken care of here at R+L other than LH pay. But my 2 cents always was the LH side of drivers are not taken care of like the city side. But I'm happy.

No, I'm just under 90,000. When I run the numbers on my gig its about .57-.58 CPM and from arriving to work and walking out the door at work, my time averages 35 an hour for the 5 days of LH. I don't wait long. Gotta pretty good run. Always have been taken care of here at R+L other than LH pay. But my 2 cents always was the LH side of drivers are not taken care of like the city side. But I'm happy.
Yeah the linehaul deal seems hit or miss, some really good runs some bit so much. The not so much ones don't ever get addressed.

Reactions: IMO
All in one rate. No extra. Mind you I'm no longer there and ran linehaul for under a year, not including weekend work. Each slip point or terminal has a flat rate. I've heard there is a method to the madness to compute the flat rate to include everything but I could never figure it out. I have an older threadon here entitled "some linehaul rates" that has it broken down by actual odometer miles and gps miles.
Linehaul pay varies for every region just like city pay. I'll explain with generic numbers but it'll be close to what everyone makes. Take a 500 mile turn and divide by 50 miles per hour = 10 hours + 1 hour ( it's for drop/hook and fueling) Now we have 11 hours multiply that by $28 or ( if you know what you get for stop pay that's your hourly pay. It varies from terminal and region). System and team pay is more but i don't know what that rate. It's not bad until you start talking to other drivers lol. A Estes driver i talk to runs 10 miles more but makes $50 more a night just on mileage and that's not including fuel and drop pay.

What retirement plan are you talking about ,Be specific.New Jersey New England Central Pennsylvania ,Philadelphia and Vicinity Northern Virginia and DC.Are they according to you worthless plans.Are you a member or contribute to any of these.Speak up or shut up!!!!!!!!
Almost all of the teamster pensions are underwater. The solvent ones are extremely few.
or just wait until we see what happens with YRC.