FedEx Freight | Pay raise ??????

A raise? Wait a minute something must be wrong. Were's all those truckin experts that told us the union sets the bar and all of us would be losing pay because of the teamster pay cuts? Remember the big "race to the bottom" we kept hearing about? Looks like we're going the opposite way in that race.

Phantom 309 said:
A raise? Wait a minute something must be wrong. Were's all those truckin experts that told us the union sets the bar and all of us would be losing pay because of the teamster pay cuts? Remember the big "race to the bottom" we kept hearing about? Looks like we're going the opposite way in that race.

I guess we set the bar now.

Im in Northern Indiana.The Government doesnt use the cost of food or fuel to measure inflation so if Fedex uses their numbers it no surprise if we dont get much. Who do you call when the Government cooks the books?

Reagan changed the way we kept score on inflation. (Do you guys remember 12 and 14% inflation in the early 80"s)Look up the market basket index.

No Fartknocker We did get 1.30 raise. Had to do with the cost of living in the fox river valley area.

slider said:
No Fartknocker We did get 1.30 raise. Had to do with the cost of living in the fox river valley area.

Wow,good for you! We got thirty cents. I guess Im from the poor dumb hilljack area that gets squat.

I live in a high tax state the whole state,and when you are .85 cents lower on the hourly there isnt that much difference when the next center is just 60 miles down the road and gets that,but whatever doesnt matter.Funny everyone gets a different amount for a raise but the Health ins jump wont matter if you are on the hobo scale or the big town scale it will be the same amount for everybody so like I said whatever my level of engagement just gets lower and lower...... Before anyone starts there if you dont like it leave sh!t this is how I feel dont care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Copy the hobo scale. Hell, my center hasn't even told us if were getting one or not. Weird. There's been no mention at my center about a raise at all. In fact if it weren't for TB , I wouldn't even know about other centers getting one. Go TB!

HILLBILLY said:
IND is right with you.

And thats why its not a cost of living differential,its a way to keep the people in heavily union areas happy.Its been that way since AF.They could have given us .60, which seems to be a typical raise.