Yellow | Pension really fixed, not so sure

Understand that when pensions were replaced with 401k's....investments left here causing jobs to leave here.....and now China rules our government and the world.

Do you "get" that?
Not sure where you come up with that crap but it is interesting to see how clueless some are with how the stock market works. You do realize 401 k money is invested in funds that invest in American companies? You do realize pensions money is invested in some of same funds or stocks? Do you think teamster pension only invest in American union companies and have zero money in foreign countries?
Glad you aren’t a stock broker.

You get that?

Not sure where you come up with that crap but it is interesting to see how clueless some are with how the stock market works. You do realize 401 k money is invested in funds that invest in American companies? You do realize pensions money is invested in some of same funds or stocks? Do you think teamster pension only invest in American union companies and have zero money in foreign countries?

You get that?
I wasn't there and didn't know what they invested in....but correct union thinking would have invested in Local companies which benefited the work in their Locals.
That's probably how they looked at.
And imo people who wanted the world didn't like it.
It wasn't enough for them.
So.....we found ways to weaken and destroy both unions and pensions.

Changing thinking was necessary.
They did well with that as I read your post.

How far in debt were people and companies and the nation.....before the pensions began to collapse?

A good stock broker likes that I guess.
I think I'll pass on that job.

You get that?
I get this:

Stock broker teaching brought it.
Not economists who believed in our types of pensions.

Wow that is an interesting comment.
Wall Street was to blame for pension problems?
I respect your comments KK , you need to brush up on that one.
The pension is just short of a Ponzi scheme. Those paying in while working help pay for one’s retired. PERIOD…….
Plan should never have have been Defined Benefits but should have been Defined Contribution.
Always amazed that a dock guy working 40 to 50 hours a week on platform for 30 years will get same pension as line haul working 6 nights a week for 30 years.
Every payment should have been each individual not collective pool.
Some pension plans were devastated from loss of paying members in areas that were harder hit by loss of manufacturing jobs and industrial jobs which resulted in fewer need of drivers and consequently less contributions.Not to mention loss of Teamsters jobs as a whole.
If pension money would have been structured that each employee had x amount of dollars for each hour or mile put in his or her account then the less you work the less you get the more you work more you get.
The operator union has a plan that is just like that. I know ok guys making 4,400 to 4,500 after 30 years. Everyone is different because of hours worked.
Simple solution everyone should plan on their own financial situation at retirement and not plan on SS or pensions. We have been hogwashed with a carrot shoved up the hogs rear end and been given a side of bull crap too go with it, plain and simple.
And every school kid should go to college...right?
Same nonsense.
Expecting labor to be financial experts with retirement is the same concept.
Expecting labor to stand alone and negotiate their own contract with an employer is similar.

There's a reason unions exist.
And there's reasons why every kid shouldn't go to college.
There's reasons we need to combine our monies politically.
And reasons why our pensions were tied with each other's.
Not as individuals...as the nonunion workers.

Reality is the reason.
We are laborers.
Not college kids.
Not stock experts.
Not insurance experts.
Teamster pensions were the biggest accounts in the nation.
They were great.
I used to hear that on news radio.
Somebody got jealous imo.

Last edited:
And what does that have to do with this conversation, yes debt is stupid high, government overspending not caused by pensions or 401k.
Caused by teachers you may be parroting.
Our union ways and pensions as they were were not anywhere close to the mess everybody is in now.
Getting back to those ways would be my preferred way of reversing the damages.
Not following the Wall St teachers who made THIS mess. Which is worse than the pension mess.
How to do it?
At least question every talking point they use.
Don't just hear it repetitively and believe it.

Caused by teachers you may be parroting.
Our union ways and pensions as they were were not anywhere close to the mess everybody is in now.
Getting back to those ways would be my preferred way of reversing the damages.
Not following the Wall St teachers who made THIS mess. Which is worse than the pension mess.
How to do it?
At least question every talking point they use.
Don't just hear it repetitively and believe it.
Slave, give yourself a timeout.
Take Jack with you.

Slave, give yourself a timeout.
Take Jack with you.
Ok.
I'll leave Teamsters who want me to believe they are Wall St stockbrokers have the thread.
I guess they're in our business for a hobby.
If I had their knowledge.....I wouldn't be anywhere near a dock or truck.

And every school kid should go to college...right?
Same nonsense.
Expecting labor to be financial experts with retirement is the same concept.
Expecting labor to stand alone and negotiate their own contract with an employer is similar.

There's a reason unions exist.
And there's reasons why every kid shouldn't go to college.
There's reasons we need to combine our monies politically.
And reasons why our pensions were tied with each other's.
Not as individuals...as the nonunion workers.

Reality is the reason.
We are laborers.
Not college kids.
Not stock experts.
Not insurance experts.
Teamster pensions were the biggest accounts in the nation.
They were great.
I used to hear that on news radio.
Somebody got jealous imo.
Not a stock broker or expert.
Not jealous.
Not a believer of free college for all.
Not a economics scholar.
Not a union historian.
Not a parrot.
Just a working stiff who realized that silver platter thing will get you nothing.
Educated by reading and studying the market and making investments for mine and my families future is by no way an expert.

I learned a long time ago that taking care of oneself (financially)is better than the collective process that far to many hope and count on.

I also learned that far too many people always sling crap and mud when they feel they are a victim, either collectively or in a group.

Your comments and thinking are an educational experience for many, unfortunately not in a positive way.

Enjoy your time and your verbal rants.
No more waste of my time.

BTW: I know this will upset you but beginning Monday, August 2, I will be out of the country and unavailable. Your tutoring will resume in two weeks.
I have returned.
I have looked at some of the past 15 days posts and see nothing new. 90% want something for nothing, believe the employer owes them free healthcare, demand the government (taxpayer) support their retirement, think they could run the company better than the managers, believe YRC is flush with cash and hiding it with accounting and claim to be unable to save or invest for their future while making six figure salaries.

I have returned.
I have looked at some of the past 15 days posts and see nothing new. 90% want something for nothing, believe the employer owes them free healthcare, demand the government (taxpayer) support their retirement, think they could run the company better than the managers, believe YRC is flush with cash and hiding it with accounting and claim to be unable to save or invest for their future while making six figure salaries.
Can you please go away for another 15 days and keep doing so until things here meet your almighty standards?

I have returned.
That about sums it up....thanks for stopping by...

I have returned.
Where can I get a hug or something like that?!!!