TForce | Pensions, questions asked and answered

They already cut management 401 contributions. My SCM seems to insinuate an across the board pay reduction is in the thought process. IMHO they can do what they want, it is up to us to react, it will have to be negotiated, before or after, I'm not sure..
Never say never....

How many years do you have to be employed before being vested in the UPS- soon to be TFI Pension plan? I have never seen anything in writing in regards to this.

Technically, it's still hearsay lol
I definetely appreciate this thread/forum, I am learning something new every day. I am just concerned because I have never seen an actual Ups-FREIGHT Pension Plan Summary or Vesting Schedule of any kind, or even where I could go to view this? It's like everything is a secret.

I definetely appreciate this thread/forum, I am learning something new every day. I am just concerned because I have never seen an actual Ups-FREIGHT Pension Plan Summary or Vesting Schedule of any kind, or even where I could go to view this? It's like everything is a secret.
I have Received several booklets in the mail about the pension over the years. 5 years vesting is in one of the booklets. I still have all of them.

Hello brothers and sisters, better start looking for a new company to work for, T Force freight is being use to dismantle UPS Freight, this company does not have any intentions on investing more of what they bought from UPS Freight, if they stay on business, it is just going to be some busy lines or markets, they already said something about leasing some terminals. Forget about pensions and raises. If UPS with all the cash in hand to make it the number 1 LTL in North America, did not do it; how this Canadians will try with their small wallet?
Forget it!
:violin::chairshot:

Hello brothers and sisters, better start looking for a new company to work for, T Force freight is being use to dismantle UPS Freight, this company does not have any intentions on investing more of what they bought from UPS Freight, if they stay on business, it is just going to be some busy lines or markets, they already said something about leasing some terminals. Forget about pensions and raises. If UPS with all the cash in hand to make it the number 1 LTL in North America, did not do it; how this Canadians will try with their small wallet?
Forget it!
:violin::chairshot:
The formula is no secret, pick-up, deliver, don't damage anything, and have mangers stay out of the way.
So it is written, so it shall be done... I hope....:victorious:

Call the retirement department and see if they will mail you the Summary Plan Description. I had them mail mine many many years ago. I am not sure if they will with the current sale happening but its worth a try. I retired last year. There were no secrets and i got exactly what i signed up for regarding the pension after 30 years of service.