XPO | Personnel Supervisors

A lot of people say they don't like our PS; But when you approach a person with a sh%& attitude it's only human nature to get a sh%& in return. If you approach Troy in a mature, professional manner, then he will help you with anything he can. A lot of folks are going to say BS, but I've never had a problem and I've asked for a lot of things.

The company eliminated the position at my barn. Supposedly only those barns with 100 or more people will have personnel supervisors. My barn has just over 60.

Rat :loser:

I had heard something to the effect of "it is another thing they are looking at" a couple weeks back...Out west, we used to have the barometer set at 80 people...As I have said since November, the first quarter will be the roughest, and it is turning out to be that way...every nickel counts...

The company eliminated the position at my barn. Supposedly only those barns with 100 or more people will have personnel supervisors. My barn has just over 60.

So who will do the work, the TM, FOM or a traveling Personnel Supervisor?
What happened to your Personnel Supervisor?
In all honesty I see that position completely going away.

A lot of people say they don't like our PS; But when you approach a person with a sh%& attitude it's only human nature to get a sh%& in return. If you approach Troy in a mature, professional manner, then he will help you with anything he can. A lot of folks are going to say BS, but I've never had a problem and I've asked for a lot of things.

You mean "treat others the way you would like to be treated"....that's profound, and not practiced by near enough people..

I think you may see a PS handling 2-3 smaller service centers in the immediate surrounding area...

Makes good sense for now.
Also makes for a good amount of work when he returns to each service center after his rounds.
I see it as a good cost saving measure as long as the more immediate issues area taken care of right away rather than saving or dumping it for the traveling dude.
Good teamwork will make that work well and justify that downsizing move.

What happened to your Personnel Supervisor? In all honesty I see that position completely going away.

I don't know. I suspect the non supervisory functions of the job will be split amongst others in the office and of course those issues that require verbal responses will be handled by the SCM.

What happened to your Personnel Supervisor?

He was a driver before holding the PS. position. From what I hear he is going back to the street. All this happened before I returned to the barn. So my facts are sketchy at best. I will know more on Monday.

In all honesty I see that position completely going away.

Yep...like BB said the 1st quarter is going to be rough...just how rough remains to be seen.

I think you may see a PS handling 2-3 smaller service centers in the immediate surrounding area...

I called one of the guys I worked with at my now defunct old barn. His new barn has a PS. As of last nite his guy is still in place...may be one of the traveling dudes.

Makes good sense for now.
Also makes for a good amount of work when he returns to each service center after his rounds.
I see it as a good cost saving measure as long as the more immediate issues area taken care of right away rather than saving or dumping it for the traveling dude.
Good teamwork will make that work well and justify that downsizing move.

Well, the important part of that is the paperwork factor...lots of papaerwork...good communication will take care of the immediate issues, but keeping up with all the HR paperwork is another story...it is all personal, and private info, so it has to be kept under lock and key between visits..you can't just throw someone in there to clean it up..

p.s's

What is going on in your service center with the P.S's?
just posted at a terminal near you!! we lost ours also he's going back to driving. will be interesting to see weather he still holds that (company mentality) once back on the street or is he going to talk out of both sides of his head.funny how that happens,how fast they change weather your an fos or anyone in management,your never wrong and the drivers input doesnt mean a thing. terminal manager will be doing all the stuff he used to and it will really be funny when the auditers come around and see how screwed up things got,cause we all know he cant even run outbound!!!:popcorn: just waiting for a good laugh!!:hysterical:

This is my first post here. I was an FOS who got terminated due to the elimination of the Personnel supervisor position. The PS was giving the choice to go back to driving or be an FOS since he had been both previously. He chose to stay in supervision, then I was cut because I was the junior guy.
The SERTs are taking over more of the personnel responsibilities in each area. It is funny since John L. said supervisors would be cut due to potential and productivity, and I was told I was cut because I was the junior man. Oh well, I enjoyed my time in freight, hopefully I will find something similar.