XPO | Personnel Supervisors

WOW!!! I certainly missed that one!!!

But I did get two right. So wheres my star card???:biglaugh:

Rat :loser:

Nah, you were really close...We announced the appointment of ours to all the employees about a year ago, I just have to stop assuming that it is done that way everywhere, I suppose...It's an additional person an employee can call when they need assistance with virtually anything..

Something to effect of Supervisor of Employee Relations and Training...but don't hold me to that.
I know wonderring99 is a fountain of knowledge and will correct me.

We had one on site the entire two weeks before my old barn closed for the last time. He did a damn good job...made the whole thing easier (if that is possible) as my old SCM was an ostrich.

Rat

you did rat ..lol

You are so MY HERO!!!:notworthy:

:hysterical:I just crack me up!!! :hysterical:

Rat :biglaugh:

Ah, the miracles of technology....some SERTs like to think they're special though, so they would excuse you..

The SERT we had assisting us in our closing was really good. Not only did he meet with everyone and fully explain their options and severance packages, he also gave everyone his card just in case they needed to get to him after the fact.

Any questions he couldn't answer he would call someone and get an answer. Doing all this while still handling his non-closing duties...calls and the like. Your answers were ususally handled the same day or the next at the latest.

I was pleasantly surprised at the way Con-Way handled this (at our barn at least...don't know about others tho'). I would have expected an Eco-Term and severance package and then CYA...the overall assistance and help given by the company and the SERT was great.

Everyone I talked to at the 'old barn' has no complaints about the way it was handled...just complaints about it happening at all tho'...mine included!

our personelle guy was a former driver, so he's returning to driving duties. after not driving for years it must be a little hard to adjust, but at the same time i'd be thankful that i still have a good paying job with benefits and not totally let go. As well as being able to dovetail back into the seniority roster with your previous driver seniority and not be at the bottom.

Would you be mine?:kiss2:

Rat

:Zzzz::kiss2::popcorn:
Sure! Let's make a Personnel Supervisor movie together.
I'll be the SERT and you'll be the FMLA abuser.
I'll spin the info into you so fast you won't be able to swallow it.
You'll just have to accept it for what it is and walk away all splooged on.

Something to effect of Supervisor of Employee Relations and Training...but don't hold me to that.
I know wonderring99 is a fountain of knowledge and will correct me.

We had one on site the entire two weeks before my old barn closed for the last time. He did a damn good job...made the whole thing easier (if that is possible) as my old SCM was an ostrich.

10-4. The two weeks before my barn closed we had a V.P. of Operations. He made me not worry about a thing at the time.... But in my later dealings with him I have formed a few opinions.. He is an honest stand up guy.. His word is nothing less than gospel to me..

:Zzzz::kiss2::popcorn:

Sorry... that movie has already been made..You'll have to do better.

I want to be a SERT.

Would you be mine?:kiss2:

You would do better as a SLAP

SLAP -- Silly Little Azz Pirate.

SLAP -- Silly Little Azz Pirate.

Wanna make a Personnel Supervisor movie with me?
We call it SLAPzilla.
You be the pissed off employee waiting for your uniforms to come in and threaten me to wear your blue jeans to work.
Than I'll whip out the SLAPzilla on you.

nah fish bait .. I graciously decline to your new fan midirat1255 ... I REALLY think he likes you :biglaugh:

Nope!!!...don't like him.

But I do have my moments of weakness and admiration for undocumented greatness...and besides he's is so sexy!!!:rolleyes1:

Now about that SLAPzilla movie...that wouldn't be John L. in a Big Monkey Suit would it?...

Rat :biglaugh:

Supervisor of Employee Relations and Training...They handle all new employee orientation
( Business is light right now), and they also handle all initial contact in termination cases with employees, investigations in service centers if there are employee complaints, etc...they work directly for the Directors of Employee Relations in each Area...each region has one..
Geez, and to think we never had one of these "made-up" positions 10, 15, 20, or even 25 years ago. Is it really necessary to have these people? Looks like we might be able to cut some pay-roll by eliminating these positions. Nowadays every dollar counts. That's what we've been told at least.

They are actually one of the better additions in recent memory...I didn't see the need at first, but with the closing of the GOs and the shrinkage of the overall department, I see where it now made sense to do it...These folks have been very helpful to alot of employees..

Sorry for the delay in responding to an earlier post, I was not a personnel supervisor, I was an FOS. I find it funny since they had just sent me to the crystal palace for training and I did a search on the internet and they are posting FOS openings in other states. I do not know. I am to meet with my TM on monday to find out about a few items.