XPO | President Obama and President John L

One, indeed , has a clue.... problem is he is at the mercy of what the other does...

One certainly doesn't. Every instinct BHO has is the 180' opposite of what should be done. As far as John l., he is doing what all top dogs are doing - cutting costs and sitting on whatever cash is around. Time will tell about John L. So far, me not like but me kinda maybe a little understand.

One certainly doesn't. Every instinct BHO has is the 180' opposite of what should be done. As far as John l., he is doing what all top dogs are doing - cutting costs and sitting on whatever cash is around. Time will tell about John L. So far, me not like but me kinda maybe a little understand.

Everyone will draw their own conclusions...I have an advantage over alot of you because I have known him a long time...I know where his heart is, and that speaks volumes for the man...I know where my claim is staked...

wonderring99 :smilie_132:

Are you getting the impression that FedEx Freight is cutting rates to keep trailers loaded??
Because I don't get that feeling from what most of our drivers say.
But then I don't have The Big Picture.

:clap:

That question was for Wonderring99 only?????????

My feelings are hurt

River you have a pm ..

Bank is like an old lapdog river ... he needs to be treated and included or we have to give him shock therapy.

Bankrupt :smilie_132:

Not really.
Everyone has an opinion and a thought.
The more the merrier.

:clap:

Excellent!

Originally Posted by River17
wonderring99 :smilie_132:

Are you getting the impression that FedEx Freight is cutting rates to keep trailers loaded??
Because I don't get that feeling from what most of our drivers say.
But then I don't have The Big Picture.

Unfortunately, I don't have a clue. But I do thank you.

i have to agree that davem"s arrogence cost us alot of work...

I don't know how to quote 2 posts but W99 said FedEx's pricing also. I can say from watching it happen, we lost or did not gain a lot of freight because of service. After Sharon closed, many customers went elsewhere because they no longer got next-day Milwaukee, Knoxville, or Nashville. Much of that freight went to Holland because they also provided premier service especially to the south. From my understanding just before I left P&D, FedEx raised rates in the area and lost some freight. They were never big up here but they were third to CCX and Holland.

Holland no longer services this area as of Friday and Con-Way has an opportunity to gain a good deal of freight - much of that freight we lost to them because of service in the first place. So, will we pick up that freight? My answer is no because we don't have the people to do it. I understand this might be the beginning of the end for the economy but what if it is not? Does Con-Way really want to gain market share with good paying freight or are they content to ride it out? If we do not bring people back who are laid off, there is no way we can pick up the slack Holland is leaving.