XPO | President Obama and President John L

Same place - Same time????

Too many shocks?

Aw!!...Cmon!!!

Can I go too?...I reeaallllyyy wannna go!!!

Please!!!....purty please!!!...I just gotta go!!!

Please...let me go with ya'...please...please...please!!!

I promise I'll be good this time..Really I will!!!...I promise...

Really!!!....

I won't do that nasty thing again...I promise...just let me go too!!!

rAt :biglaugh:

PS.. I will be good this time...promise!!!

Aw!!...Cmon!!!

Can I go too?...I reeaallllyyy wannna go!!!

Please!!!....purty please!!!...I just gotta go!!!

Please...let me go with ya'...please...please...please!!!

I promise I'll be good this time..Really I will!!!...I promise...

Really!!!....

I won't do that nasty thing again...I promise...just let me go too!!!

rAt :biglaugh:

PS.. I will be good this time...promise!!!

Talk to Wonderring. Maybe offer to wear additional restraints and a muzzle.

Talk to Wonderring. Maybe offer to wear additional restraints and a muzzle.

You mean I have to wear more???...

CRAP!!!

The handcuffs were OK...kinda kinky!

But the muzzle would definitely chafe...got any vaseline...for the chafing...seriously...its for the chafing...

rAt

Everyone will draw their own conclusions...I have an advantage over alot of you because I have known him a long time...I know where his heart is, and that speaks volumes for the man...I know where my claim is staked...

I Would like to hear more about him, seems pretty much unknown in this neck of the woods. I would welcome a reason for optimism!

I Would like to hear more about him, seems pretty much unknown in this neck of the woods. I would welcome a reason for optimism!

I would like to hear more about him to, at least my terminal didnt put on a dog and pony show for him like they had to do for dave m,dave m was the biggest mistake ever made in the entire history of conway.

I would like to hear more about him to, at least my terminal didnt put on a dog and pony show for him like they had to do for dave m,dave m was the biggest mistake ever made in the entire history of conway.

You're forgetting 'Brucie"...he belongs in that catagory as well...maybe more so!

Dave M. has had his moments...just not 'Master and Commander' materiel...

John requires no 'Dog and Pony' show for his benefit. He has inherited some very bad situations and practices...of which I believe in time will be rectified. I met the man...I do believe he is sincere and is forced to do things he finds distasteful...some of which I vehemently disagree with but I have no control over.

Give the man a year...and I believe you may just see a difference in the way things may become as opposed to how they are now!

Keep in mind his boss is Stotlar...so he has to appease him as well as the board of directors...not an enviable position...

Some of the priima donnas in this company may just have rude awakening coming...we'll see...

And BTW some of you here would have a cow if you knew who recruited him...

The man studied at Cambridge University...not your average Con-Way exec....

Rat :bowdown:

You're forgetting 'Brucie"...he belongs in that catagory as well...maybe more so!

Dave M. has had his moments...just not 'Master and Commander' materiel...

John requires no 'Dog and Pony' show for his benefit. He has inherited some very bad situations and practices...of which I believe in time will be rectified. I met the man...I do believe he is sincere and is forced to do things he finds distasteful...some of which I vehemently disagree with but I have no control over.

Give the man a year...and I believe you may just see a difference in the way things may become as opposed to how they are now!

Keep in mind his boss is Stotlar...so he has to appease him as well as the board of directors...not an enviable position...

Some of the priima donnas in this company may just have rude awakening coming...we'll see...

And BTW some of you here would have a cow if you knew who recruited him...

The man studied at Cambridge University...not your average Con-Way exec....

Rat :bowdown:

I believe john will be better for us and the customers,Dave m cost us alot of customers with his go somewhere else attitude,do you remember his policy on late loads to the fac,it didnt last long,but if the loads were late to the fac the loads were fenced so he could charge the origin with the service failure,screw the customer so he could prove a point,This company better start taking care of the customers as they did when it opened,thats what made them number1.

I believe john will be better for us and the customers,Dave m cost us alot of customers with his go somewhere else attitude,do you remember his policy on late loads to the fac,it didnt last long,but if the loads were late to the fac the loads were fenced so he could charge the origin with the service failure,screw the customer so he could prove a point,This company better start taking care of the customers as they did when it opened,thats what made them number1.

And that is precisely why Dave is no longer in charge...

He was a little(?) too much 'in charge' for his own good.

Or the company's good for that matter.

Dave is a behind the scenes player...part of the support team...but definitely not an out in front kinda guy!!!

RaT :nutkick:

And that is precisely why Dave is no longer in charge...

He was a little(?) too much 'in charge' for his own good.

Or the company's good for that matter.

Dave is a behind the scenes player...part of the support team...but definitely not an out in front kinda guy!!!

RaT :nutkick:

With all the damage he caused he shouldnt even be employed here any more...let alone be behind the sceens,how much is his salary and how much would that save conway

We were fortunate to have John in the west from 98-05, as a VPO and then as President...They were very good years.. You would be hard pressed to find a manager who wouldn't go to the end of the earth for him...I am sure there are a few, but not many..I have never found one...
I think his biggest attribute is his willingness to lead by example...Those that broke freight by his side at an FAC while he was a VP will vouch for that...
He always took time for every employee who had a question...If he didn't have the answer immediately, he went and got it and got back to the employee..If he felt he wasn't getting everything from a service center, he would speak to the manager, offer advice, encourage and motivate, put himself in those shoes, and find resolution, then progress...
He learns about your family, then keeps inquiring about them...He is as competitive as they come, whether in business or in life...In the west we still give him a hard time about his 4 game suspension from a men's hockey league for riding a guy face first into the glass after the guy high-sticked him..He'd do the same to a competitor in business if the opportunity arises...
Yeah, I'd fight for him..He is a family man, and a doting father to a little girl..
He loves DSRs, and his favorite things are meeting them at FACs, and doing the recognition awards, the 1-2 million mile parties..He is just blown away at what drivers accomplish on the road for us and for themselves..
Obviously, his job in a unified version of our company is much much different than when he led our component...for us in the west, it's a sad thing, because he used to hit every service center at least once a year...That would certainly be alomost an impossibility now, and that makes me sad for those of you that may not get the opportunity..
He has a bunch of pressure to succeed, and during a reall tumultuous time in our country's history...So I make it my business to do everything I can to support him in that endeavor..If I fail, he fails, and I cannot accept that from myself..

We were fortunate to have John in the west from 98-05, as a VPO and then as President...They were very good years.. You would be hard pressed to find a manager who wouldn't go to the end of the earth for him...I am sure there are a few, but not many..I have never found one...
I think his biggest attribute is his willingness to lead by example...Those that broke freight by his side at an FAC while he was a VP will vouch for that...
He always took time for every employee who had a question...If he didn't have the answer immediately, he went and got it and got back to the employee..If he felt he wasn't getting everything from a service center, he would speak to the manager, offer advice, encourage and motivate, put himself in those shoes, and find resolution, then progress...
He learns about your family, then keeps inquiring about them...He is as competitive as they come, whether in business or in life...In the west we still give him a hard time about his 4 game suspension from a men's hockey league for riding a guy face first into the glass after the guy high-sticked him..He'd do the same to a competitor in business if the opportunity arises...
Yeah, I'd fight for him..He is a family man, and a doting father to a little girl..
He loves DSRs, and his favorite things are meeting them at FACs, and doing the recognition awards, the 1-2 million mile parties..He is just blown away at what drivers accomplish on the road for us and for themselves..
Obviously, his job in a unified version of our company is much much different than when he led our component...for us in the west, it's a sad thing, because he used to hit every service center at least once a year...That would certainly be alomost an impossibility now, and that makes me sad for those of you that may not get the opportunity..
He has a bunch of pressure to succeed, and during a reall tumultuous time in our country's history...So I make it my business to do everything I can to support him in that endeavor..If I fail, he fails, and I cannot accept that from myself..

WOW!!!

What an insight!!!

And I thank you for it!!

I was hoping you would go this route...as you undoubtely know him better than I...

As I have said before I met the man albeit for a very short period of time...actually miniscule...but during that time I was enamored with the man...not because he is the prez...but because there is an aura about him that doesn't fit the typical exec...let alone one of the leaders of a 5 billion dollar company...

While he was at my barn explaining the latest 'enhancements' I got the momentary glimpse of sadness from him about the whole damn thing...he hates it...as do I...but I believe in his leadership and his vision..although I am not privy to it.

I will give him the benefit of the doubt (like that means anything!!!) I have opportunities to go elsewhere...but i will ride it out and see what happens...

We're good...just gotta fix a few things!!!!

(Let the flaming begin!!!)

Rat :smilie_132:

I hope he is all you say he is,this will be good for all,when he dumped the necktie policy,I got the impression that he does not have the dave m I AM BETTER THAN YOU attitude

WOW!!!

What an insight!!!

And I thank you for it!!

I was hoping you would go this route...as you undoubtely know him better than I...

As I have said before I met the man albeit for a very short period of time...actually miniscule...but during that time I was enamored with the man...not because he is the prez...but because there is an aura about him that doesn't fit the typical exec...let alone one of the leaders of a 5 billion dollar company...

While he was at my barn explaining the latest 'enhancements' I got the momentary glimpse of sadness from him about the whole damn thing...he hates it...as do I...but I believe in his leadership and his vision..although I am not privy to it.

I will give him the benefit of the doubt (like that means anything!!!) I have opportunities to go elsewhere...but i will ride it out and see what happens...

We're good...just gotta fix a few things!!!!

(Let the flaming begin!!!)

Rat :smilie_132:

Ok Rat even I have to agree with you,,I really hope he gets us back on track with a pension plan,Family being important to him will hopefully allow him to understand thats all i want to do is take care of my family

I hope he is all you say he is,this will be good for all,when he dumped the necktie policy,I got the impression that he does not have the dave m I AM BETTER THAN YOU attitude

He is highly educated, and makes no apologies for it, it didn't come at the end of a silver spoon...he has worked his way through the system, and he believes in every single employee...I know we have discussed arrogance on these boards, apathy for the employees, etc...If I thought that was him, I would be gone...I'm staying...I may be grumpy, but I ain't a quitter..

Ok Rat even I have to agree with you,,I really hope he gets us back on track with a pension plan,Family being important to him will hopefully allow him to understand thats all i want to do is take care of my family

I think he willl...honestly I do...

If I did not believe this then I would have already adios'd...

The pension plan is most likely dead...but thats no saying something better (and I don't know what) may come along...I am not that smart...but hang in there for a little while...give it a chance...what have you to lose considering everything that has happened!

Rat

I think he willl...honestly I do...

If I did not believe this then I would have already adios'd...

The pension plan is most likely dead...but thats no saying something better (and I don't know what) may come along...I am not that smart...but hang in there for a little while...give it a chance...what have you to lose considering everything that has happened!

Rat

Right,I meant a plan to allow me a retirement,the pension is froze and thats that....if its in a 401 thats fine with me,I dont care about the vacation or pay cut as much as i do the retirement

Right,I meant a plan to allow me a retirement,the pension is froze and thats that....if its in a 401 thats fine with me,I dont care about the vacation or pay cut as much as i do the retirement

You and me both...I got 15-17 years to go, so if this lasted a year, I might still be ok...I feel badly for the folks within 5 years...that's a tough pill to swallow..