Yellow | Proud & True, Orange & Blue ---Roadway nostalgia thread (former Roadway posting only

I got a Roadway set of twins for Christmas. The wife was at an auction and picked up a Roadway Winross set. Its a Ford Louisville.

Some of my happiest memories as a city driver with Roadway were in a Ford cabover tractor peddling freight with a 28' trailer.
Then Roadway went from a line haul cabover tractor to a long nose conventional tractor with a wrap around fairing. What a trip they were at first to drive in the city.
I spent a lot of time peddling freight out of town with a Road Boss tractor and a Western Gillette pup trailer.

Here is my old shuttle tractor. No mirrors , or sun visors back then either.
w5yqnAa.jpg

22 years.
I didn't mind working there.
Old terminal in Ft Worth Tx.
Half was used by Y before I got there and many other ltl ones that had their own door. Names of the companies were still on the roll doors. The ones that were left. I don't know when the terminal was built but it was an older one. Bad alot of room there. Yard was tiny. No real shop. Just a big lean to. With a shed. Lol. I think it was 80 doors. Had a track that wasn't working and they finally took it out. But we had a ton of buggys and carts. Of course we needed them back then. Only 3 lift trucks. But they turned it into a mini break bulk so we got more. They were so bad they got stuck on flat pavement if ya turned em to hard. Lol.
Mud. Wake up!

Reactions: mud
My Mom tried to tell me , if you couldn’t say anything good about something- don’t say anything at all.....

(I’ll see you guys in another thread.)

Start at post number one and reminisce. If you have been on TB for a while you will recognize some of the past posters. I brought this past thread up to post about past memories. This ain't about 2019, it's about 2009.
I realize it's an old post. All I said related to that time.
They moved us into a Y terminal.
I was razzin ya.
:1036316054: