TForce | Question For UPS Freight Guys

CFer

TB Veteran
Credits
Now that you've seen the proposed NMFA , heard what's happened in INDY at UPSF and heard the rumors for terminals about to begin negotiations my question is.................

How do you now feel about your contract compared to the new NMFA which will more than likely pass?

I know there was a lot of talk comparing Indy to the current NMFA but it's a whole new ballgame now. Have your opinions changed either way after hearing about the new NMFA?

I'm gonna start a poll for this question. Please, UPSF guys only.

new contract

we havn`t seen the contract for phoenix yet. last meeting was cancelled, next meeting set for this sunday, cards are beeing passed out and signed already! crazy to sign before seeing though, don`t ya think?:hide:

we havn`t seen the contract for phoenix yet. last meeting was cancelled, next meeting set for this sunday, cards are beeing passed out and signed already! crazy to sign before seeing though, don`t ya think?:hide:

you are signing for reprsentation . not a contract . Not crazy at all.:smilie_132:

thanks

the guys passing out the cards are giving out the wrong info then, they are saying that if they get 50+ 1, we are in and get the contract Indy signed.:chairshot:

the guys passing out the cards are giving out the wrong info then, they are saying that if they get 50+ 1, we are in and get the contract Indy signed.:chairshot:

Thats somewhat correct. The 50+1 part is right. Once they have the majority they can legally represent you. From what I've read and heard here, the Indy contract is going to me the model which the rest of the contracts are based on. That is probably what they meant by "getting the Indy contract"

Either way, the union cannot get involved until they have been selected to do so.

That is not true .Yes Indys contract could be used as a foundation on which to build on . But is not what you will get.Each region will be negotiated separately.:1036316054:

Yeah thats funny CFer I've never knew the union to bargain for a contract with any non-union companies?

As far as the Indy contract goes this is my opinion.
The amount of money may be the same,but can be divived more one way or the other,depending on so much for wages,and so much for benefits.
The things that will change will be the language that the suppliments come up with.

UPSF just recently passed out a memo and stated 50+1 isthe amount a terminal needs in order to become union and will be recognized by UPS.

The union on the other hand would rather take the terminals that have a 65% in agreement for the first rounds, that way a rival union will not be able to hold the negotiations, if a competing union comes in and gets a 30% vote this stops the Teamsters dead in thier tracks. In the beginning it was stated in order to see the contract INDY has, you must first sighn a card, this was said, what was left out in the beginning was, if you sighn a card you are asking for representation.

Unfortunatley this is the only way too see the contract INDY voted in by the union. It's the law.

Each terminal will be negotiated seperately

UPSFreightMan, Please call Ken Hall from the IBT and tell him not and come and bargain for the eight terminal region called New England. We want to bargain seperately and have our a$$es handed to us. You really should do some research before you post.

Ive heard that they will be coming out in phases and they will not bother unless it is 65 percent or more on average per region. But that is hearsay...

regions

If a company goes UNION, should they not all have the same contract and work rules and regulations? As road drivers travel from one place to the next they might do something that is ok at their place , but be in violation at the next!

I was told by someone Ive been talking to in the union for a while now that you do not have to be a union member to get representation .but the teamsters will not give it their all to support you.

somebody says

The thing i`ve found out in negotiations, you need to do the work and find out the facts as much as you can. what somebody says is what somebody else heard from another guy and so on and on. Don`t rely on what you have heard, cause if it sways you one way and it was wrong, well I think you get the idea.

Does anyone know if the Indy contract says gauranteed 8 hours per day or 40 per week

it says it guarantees 40 per week

overtime after 8 and overtime after 40..not quite sure why its worded that way but we saw parts of the contract at our hall meeting on Saturday and that was definitely how it was written..

UPSFreightMan, Please call Ken Hall from the IBT and tell him not and come and bargain for the eight terminal region called New England. We want to bargain seperately and have our a$$es handed to us. You really should do some research before you post.

Can you produce the quote or link? So I can reference it.

Also how will that work? Does the region vote together? and 50%+1 of the total employees in he region?