TForce | Question For UPS Freight Guys

Has anyone here actually read the new NMFA in its entirety? For that fact how many has read the Indy contract in its entirety? I have not read the NMFA yet so I cannot vote the poll yet.

Yes it is, if I don't like the contract, I am stuck with the representation. Doesn't seem fair to me.

Even Wal-mart has a return policy

If enough people dont like it send them back to the barganing table. Or you could quit and go to work for walmart.:biglaugh:

If your whole terminal hates what you get.
And you'd rather go back to being a non-union terminal.
Which I highly doubt?

Well in your case you could file for decertifcation.

When we were still Overnite,I think there was around 22 terminals signed cards for Teamster representation.
When the strike by the Teamsters came to an end in 2001.
Everyone of those terminals decertified themselves back to just being non-union.

So there you go just signing cards for representation doesn't mean your signing the rest of your life away.

If enough people dont like it send them back to the barganing table. Or you could quit and go to work for walmart.:biglaugh:

If I am out numbered by city drivers or dock workers?

And the majority approve it? Then what work under a contract I don't approve of?

If I am out numbered by city drivers or dock workers?

And the majority approve it? Then what work under a contract I don't approve of?

I have noticed the same thing. Its the hourly employees who are in favor of the contract. They will gain in every way. Some road drivers are skeptical. Some rddr's have it good now and are wary of change. As a rddr I feel a little helpless. The hourly employees will control the vote in most barns. And no I'm not spitting venom here just making an observation.

Yes it is, if I don't like the contract, I am stuck with the representation. Doesn't seem fair to me.

Even Wal-mart has a return policy

Overnite, you do have a return policy. It's a NO vote.
If you do not like what has been negotiated, vote no and send them back to the table. Thats exactly what I did for the NMFA that we are voting on now.

Now that you've seen the proposed NMFA , heard what's happened in INDY at UPSF and heard the rumors for terminals about to begin negotiations my question is.................

How do you now feel about your contract compared to the new NMFA which will more than likely pass?

I know there was a lot of talk comparing Indy to the current NMFA but it's a whole new ballgame now. Have your opinions changed either way after hearing about the new NMFA?

I'm gonna start a poll for this question. Please, UPSF guys only.
I keep hearing all this talk about each terminal doing their own contract,,were did you guys get this from ..I was told straight Jimmy H and Ken H that you are signing cards to get the same contract we have in Indy. I think you are setting your self for a let down if you think UPS is gonna talk a contract for every terminal it's not gonna happen. Don't be fooled by your local if they tell you this. Thats what they want you to beleive..

Each terminal will be negotiated seperately
What rock did you come out from
UPS will not do every terminal by it's self. You are gonna get the contract we have in Indy you need to do your home work. I was told this first hand by Jimmy H and Ken H at the sewarts dinner last Sept.

If a company goes UNION, should they not all have the same contract and work rules and regulations? As road drivers travel from one place to the next they might do something that is ok at their place , but be in violation at the next!
BINGO you have spoken the words so true

it says it guarantees 40 per week

overtime after 8 and overtime after 40..not quite sure why its worded that way but we saw parts of the contract at our hall meeting on Saturday and that was definitely how it was written..
You didn't read it all it also states that you have to be in the 90 % to be GUARANTEE the 40 hrs.

Whenever you see something thats a mystery to you why wouldn't you ask for an explanation of the terms Southerngrits?

Whenever I have to sign any personal contracts for something,like a vehicle,or buying a house.
I want to be made clear whats in the contract.
If I don't understand anything I ask about it.
This contract shouldn't be any different.
If you aren't clear on any points please ask about what it means.

I keep hearing all this talk about each terminal doing their own contract,,were did you guys get this from ..I was told straight Jimmy H and Ken H that you are signing cards to get the same contract we have in Indy. I think you are setting your self for a let down if you think UPS is gonna talk a contract for every terminal it's not gonna happen. Don't be fooled by your local if they tell you this. Thats what they want you to beleive..

We are not doing our own contract, we are simply adding suppliments.

We are also negotiating as a region.

Just so everyone understands. Language in a supplement will always supersede language in the national.

I really do not thin k alot of people understand what suppliments is to be honest allthough it has been defined here on several different occasions.

Now that you've seen the proposed NMFA , heard what's happened in INDY at UPSF and heard the rumors for terminals about to begin negotiations my question is.................

How do you now feel about your contract compared to the new NMFA which will more than likely pass?

I know there was a lot of talk comparing Indy to the current NMFA but it's a whole new ballgame now. Have your opinions changed either way after hearing about the new NMFA?

I'm gonna start a poll for this question. Please, UPSF guys only.

I'm hearing the whole west coast is signing cards like there's no tomorrow. I think I am starting to learn toward signing. I don't understand why Sacramento doesn't have the cards yet. CFer in your new contract do you have to pay any of your medical like we are?

I'm hearing the whole west coast is signing cards like there's no tomorrow. I think I am starting to learn toward signing. I don't understand why Sacramento doesn't have the cards yet. CFer in your new contract do you have to pay any of your medical like we are?

For what it is worth skeeter we are pushing for non payment, but we will see what happens.