XPO | Raise this year?

depends on when you were hired. The current match is 100% for the first 3%. 50% match for the 4th and 5th%

If you contribute 5%, you will get the maximum company match of 4%

If you were grandfathered in the old plan you would get 3% for 0-9 years of service, 4% for 10-19 years, and 5% for 20+ years(no employee contribution needed).
There was also additional contributions from the company, under the old plan based off of your age and years of service with the company. This was a one time qualifying benefit.

Possible 9 percent plus cost of living adjustment.per my service center manager.
If it happens we will be over 40.00 a hour.
Sounds good. Without being too specific , what part of the country are you in?

UPS announced layoffs focusing on management and contractor employees. 12,000 was the headcount to get $1billion in savings. Some quick division gets you to $83k a person on average. UPS has a higher profit margin than any LTL company. ( as far as I know )

$1 raise = $2040 at 40 hours a week , 52 weeks a year. Where I'm located the raise you're talking about would equal well over $14000 a year. It would be nice if you are right.

Sounds good. Without being too specific , what part of the country are you in?

UPS announced layoffs focusing on management and contractor employees. 12,000 was the headcount to get $1billion in savings. Some quick division gets you to $83k a person on average. UPS has a higher profit margin than any LTL company. ( as far as I know )

$1 raise = $2040 at 40 hours a week , 52 weeks a year. Where I'm located the raise you're talking about would equal well over $14000 a year. It would be nice if you are right.
In Mass they make $37 at XPO, a 9% raise would be $3.33 per hour- definitely be the highest paid LTL. It would also definitely hit the OR hard.

In Mass they make $37 at XPO, a 9% raise would be $3.33 per hour- definitely be the highest paid LTL. It would also definitely hit the OR hard.
The $37 you've posted is the overall average pay ( including overtime for those that get it and mileage pay ) I'm guessing?

As long as they can pull enough drivers from the in-house schools wages will stay relatively flat. Attracting and maintaining drivers with experience is expensive.
Driving school employees have to stay for two years or pay for training. They also come into a new profession earning more than double of what they made before. They have lower expectations on Compensation. ( I mean that in no offence )
Its just the reality.

Last edited:
As long as they can pull enough drivers from the in-house schools wages will stay relatively flat. Attracting and maintaining drivers with experience is expensive.
Driving school employees have to stay for two years or pay for training. They also come into a new profession earning more than double of what they made before. They have lower expectations on Compensation. ( I mean that in no offence )
Its just the reality.
Then they go shopping and get into debt and can't afford to leave. The problems with places like this is that the lazy and bad employees make the same as the good employees. So no matter your effort, skill or performance you all make the same.

Every LtL co has firmly stated what they think of their drivers.

No one LtL co will ever be significantly higher paying than another. Companies have zero reason to do so. They will all be within a few % of each other.

Kids, stay in school, get a STEM job and leave the blue collar work to the suckers.