XPO | Raise this year?

Sounds good. Without being too specific , what part of the country are you in?

UPS announced layoffs focusing on management and contractor employees. 12,000 was the headcount to get $1billion in savings. Some quick division gets you to $83k a person on average. UPS has a higher profit margin than any LTL company. ( as far as I know )

$1 raise = $2040 at 40 hours a week , 52 weeks a year. Where I'm located the raise you're talking about would equal well over $14000 a year. It would be nice if you are right.
New jersey

They would make the bar so high that most would not attain it thus allowing them to keep wages flat. Just think of that safety bonus,
may sound good in theory.
I remember getting a “review“, though not attached to a raise given by my direct supervisor back in the CCX days. At least you knew where you stood. These step increases same for all is bs.. But I agree with your point.

I remember getting a “review“, though not attached to a raise given by my direct supervisor back in the CCX days. At least you knew where you stood. These step increases same for all is bs.. But I agree with your point.
If it worked with obtainable goals that you could achieve that would be a different story ( not easy goals either) . Just like the goals set for managers and FOS most quit because goals are not obtainable.

If it worked with obtainable goals that you could achieve that would be a different story ( not easy goals either) . Just like the goals set for managers and FOS most quit because goals are not obtainable.
But when you make the goal. They turn around and raise the bar even higher

But when you make the goal. They turn around and raise the bar even higher
Yes, nature of the beast. It’s like Dominos … deliver the pizza in 30 minutes or less . Except in our case it so many motor moves per hour but don’t damage the freight or hurt someone if you do will right you up. It is what it is.

Drivers are getting 4%. I saw the paper yesterday. Dock workers are getting 6%, with the company claiming that dockworker pay needs to be more competitive. Also, the teams are going up to .91/mile, but I didn't see where regular line haul drivers are getting a raise on their mileage pay.

Drivers are getting 4%. I saw the paper yesterday. Dock workers are getting 6%, with the company claiming that dockworker pay needs to be more competitive. Also, the teams are going up to .91/mile, but I didn't see where regular line haul drivers are getting a raise on their mileage pay.
Mileage pay will have the same 4% increase.

You can’t be serious ? The cost of living , the raise we got last year should have been double what we got . This is a slap in the face .
I am serious. 3.5 to 3.9 % is average for 2024. We beat average by .1 % . It’s a $1.48 for us.
inflation average for the year 23 was 3.5 %

You can’t be serious ? The cost of living , the raise we got last year should have been double what we got . This is a slap in the face .
What? Did the company cause inflation? Nope. Then why is it on the company to compensate you for it when it's not the company's fault?

What? Did the company cause inflation? Nope. Then why is it on the company to compensate you for it when it's not the company's fault?
If we had received a bigger than usual raise from XPO should we give credit to the company?

XPO purchased how many terminals? Also XPO purchased a new mainframe computer. XPO is also purchasing lots of new tractors and making more trailers. A year ago the stock was around $36...now $121. XPO seems to be thriving. All things a company headed in the right direction should do.

If the company is doing well and improving. And the people make up the company...

That is why there are rate increases every year at all companies....to cover employee raises and other rising costs

That is why there are rate increases every year at all companies....to cover employee raises and other rising costs
Inflation is not why we get raises. The why is because the competitor also gives annual cost of living raises, but that still doesn't make the company responsible for causing inflation nor does it make it obligated to offer compensation. The raises could be more accurately described as a key part to an undocumented driver retention program.

Inflation is not why we get raises. The why is because the competitor also gives annual cost of living raises, but that still doesn't make the company responsible for causing inflation nor does it make it obligated to offer compensation. The raises could be more accurately described as a key part to an undocumented driver retention program.
Scotch , do you think better pay attracts and retains better employees?

Do you think a workers compensation can change how that worker is for better or worse?

If you took a pay cut of 15% , but up until the pay cut you were working as hard , as fast , as safe , as you ever had , would you work the same afterwards?

I'm honestly asking ( not trying to stir up crap )

If you take part in the work ( you take the risk when you drive , not the supervisor , the dockworker , the terminal manager , the salespeople , just you ) is it alright to look at the situation and think XPO undervalued it's drivers?

A P&D driver for XPO has seen a lot more duties added to them over the last few years. Do any other companies carry measuring tapes? Cameras? Two or three different pros? Driver facing cameras talking to you? ( sounds corny , I know but add things up and it can be aggravating )

I know other LTL's have some of these things but I honestly have NEVER seen other companies send their drivers out with measuring tapes or cameras. I talk on the phone with drivers from other LTL's and I very rarely hear their handhelds making all of the noises and distractions that XPO's makes.

For all of the nonsense drivers have to deal with that's unique to being a driver it seems reasonable to think that any company ( including XPO ) would value them more than average , not less. Apologies for being long winded.

I wonder how much of an impact Yellow going out of business has/had on any of these LTL's decision making for raises? (as far as the supply of drivers)