XPO | Raise ?

We are about in the middle of the pack for the hourly rate.
The union companies benefit package is better than ours.
I remember when we were bought by XPO our TM said the goal for Brad Jacob's was to pay and benefits to be competitive, not towards the top. He said there isn't a advantage to have top pay and benefits for a company, seems like he hit his goal

Why is everyone making more then us ?

and when are we getting a raise?

Because drivers are a commodity and the price has gone up. But Jacobs don't see us as valuable to his business. So our compensation has gone down.

They pushed our last raise back to September. I doubt they will give us anything before the anticipated company split. Regardless of how many quit. They truly do not care at all.

Because drivers are a commodity and the price has gone up. But Jacobs don't see us as valuable to his business. So our compensation has gone down.

They pushed our last raise back to September. I doubt they will give us anything before the anticipated company split. Regardless of how many quit. They truly do not care at all.
Maybe we should open more driving academies here like YRC is to replace the drivers leaving, I guess YRC and other trucking companies have the same problems we do https://www.freightwaves.com/news/yellow-hiring-1500-drivers-opening-12-schools

Well sorry to say but most of those in my area are making more then us, for example saia is at 34 $ an hour
What area of the country are you in because in my neck of the woods OD at 33/hr makes the most followed by UPS freight around the same amount then everyone else is around 30 or under per hour

Last edited:
What area of the country are you in because in my neck of the woods OD at 33/hr makes the most followed by UPS freight around the same amount then everyone else is around 30 or under per hour
I just talked to a OD driver he says they are making 35$ an hour, so we’re way behind , Kansas

I just talked to a OD driver he says they are making 35$ an hour, so we’re way behind , Kansas
That's pretty crazy considering YRC tops out at $26 here, but also OD doesn't pay OT do they? I don't mean to be rude but if our pay is that far behind in your area and it bothers you why not go somewhere else that pays more

Last edited:
Just asked a fellow dsr what they’re making where I used to work. Currently, p&d drivers are at $34.23 an hour, $51.34 ot.
Saia must of really stepped up their game because I worked for them back in 2008 and when I left there and came here I made more per hour starting here then i did topped out there,and if i remember correctly they didn't pay OT until 45 hours. Have they changed that?

Saia must of really stepped up their game because I worked for them back in 2008 and when I left there and came here I made more per hour starting here then i did topped out there,and if i remember correctly they didn't pay OT until 45 hours. Have they changed that?
I know nothing about Saia drivers pay. Only know that in my area, per their web site, they start their dock help at $23 and change .whereas ,XPO dock up the street, starts at $17 and change. These were the numbers about 6 months ago , could be different now.

I know nothing about Saia drivers pay. Only know that in my area, per their web site, they start their dock help at $23 and change .whereas ,XPO dock up the street, starts at $17 and change. These were the numbers about 6 months ago , could be different now.
They are different
They have upped their game at my old barn for dock starters: from $17.29 to $18.99. Saia’s higher rate must be pressuring them to bump it up at xwo, and the fact that the dock job is only part time and an open and unheated dock.

That's pretty crazy considering YRC tops out at $26 here, but also OD doesn't pay OT do they? I don't mean to be rude but if our pay is that far behind in your area and it bothers you why not go somewhere else that pays more
Well I would , but I have some years invested in this company, it’s not that easy

Well I would , but I have some years invested in this company, it’s not that easy
Don’t pay mind to the defenders they have an agenda , playing dumb is a disguise . Accepting mediocracy in return for hard work is the crime they cover . Theirs one standard response that is given and that tells you everything thing you need to know about their mindset. Love it or leave it .

Push it back a few months here, a few months there you'll eventually go a year without a raise.....but who pays attention to that?