XPO | Raise ?

Our sales rep from ConWay days had told a group of us that they were cutting rates trying to hurt YRC back in the day because YRC was having money problems. He said it didn't go as planned because we were hauling freight at a loss and YRC is still here.
If yrc had bankrupted we would call a good business strategy. It’s your company; I don’t have a dog in this hunt other than to say what I’ve heard from the guys I chat with on the route. Just offering a different perspective

Our sales rep from ConWay days had told a group of us that they were cutting rates trying to hurt YRC back in the day because YRC was having money problems. He said it didn't go as planned because we were hauling freight at a loss and YRC is still here.
That's what cost Labrie his job..

Companies that value their employees find ways to have value to their employees.

Sign on bonuses in the thousands. Starting anyone with a year behind the wheel at top out. Companies giving driving tests to people that don't even have their CDL yet. They say they are desperate. Want to be a destination employer. All they gotta do is increase the pay and benefits to match the hours and danger level. This is not a career that anyone can handle. And our career is not XPO. Our career is truck driver. XPO ain't on my CDL anywhere. Or anyone else's.

Don’t want to here any of you guys complain. You get what they give and that’s all there is to it . Xpo doesn’t give a rats ass if you stay or leave and it has no affect on your compensation. You chose to trust them . Live with it . Stop speculating and this thread is a waste of time.

Don’t want to here any of you guys complain. You get what they give and that’s all there is to it . Xpo doesn’t give a rats ass if you stay or leave and it has no affect on your compensation. You chose to trust them . Live with it . Stop speculating and this thread is a waste of time.
It's been how many year since the vote?????? and you still here....Just think how many year you would have had at one of those union driving jobs by now. I do remember when XPH won there vote you came on here and said that you would have a contract within a year....Well we are still waiting......Let me let you in on a little insight most companies don't care if you stay or leave because they all know that it just the same problem just a different name on the door.

Years without a contract.... and you are worried about us wasting time ?

How in the world does some of these drivers have so much time to post on here, some waste a lot of time on here...lmao

One in particular says he’s working unbelievable hours as a peddle driver, while also farming and raising cattle at 71 years old. Not to mention being a leader in the union movement. But posts plenty. I mean. Some stories are easier to believe than others.

One in particular says he’s working unbelievable hours as a peddle driver, while also farming and raising cattle at 71 years old. Not to mention being a leader in the union movement. But posts plenty. I mean. Some stories are easier to believe than others.
LOL, you make a lot of assumptions. The cattle we raise along with my cousin who does most of the work are a hobby we raise them organically and sell the meat locally does it take much of my time. The meat we do produce is in very high demand and I could sell three times as much probably if we scaled up the operation which we have no interest in doing so. A couple of the head I hold aside for local 4-H students who rear them and show them. I actually own two farms I have a small farm under 40 acres in Virginia that was my wife’s family‘s farm we plan on retiring there eventually. Never said I farmed . I own a farm which most of the actual farming is done to a neighboring farmer who does all the fieldwork because I lease it to him. Union leader, hardly. I am just one of the guys who voted yes. Yes I am 71 and in very good shape I and still feel like I’m 20. If you still have any questions about the cattle or the farm please feel free to ask more questions and I’ll explain further. I’m very proud of the little hobby operation that we have going and love to talk about it.

Last edited:
LOL, you make a lot of assumptions. The cattle we raise along with my cousin who does most of the work are a hobby we raise them organically and sell the meat locally does it take much of my time. The meat we do produce is in very high demand and I could sell three times as much probably if we scaled up the operation which we have no interest in doing so. A couple of the head I hold aside for local 4-H students who rear them and show them. I actually own two farms I have a small farm under 40 acres in Virginia that was my wife’s family‘s farm we plan on retiring there eventually. Never said I farmed . I own a farm which most of the actual farming is done to a neighboring farmer who does all the fieldwork because I lease it to him. Union leader, hardly. I am just one of the guys who voted yes. Yes I am 71 and in very good shape I and still feel like I’m 20. If you still have any questions about the cattle or the farm please feel free to ask more questions and I’ll explain further. I’m very proud of the little hobby operation that we have going and love to talk about it.

They say that if your significant other accused you of cheating, it’s because they are cheating. Some people awfully quick to point fingers. Makes me think.

LOL, that’s a first !

It’s overrated. And never really leads to much. The most obvious, knee jerk, first response to something, is usually the truth. Or at least close enough to the truth that it’s a short walk from there to it.